Dubstep Gun from Saint's Row build with Bluetooth !

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
It's been a while since I posted on here But I haven't forgotten all my friends here on the Replica Prop Forum! I would like to share a somewhat recent build I have done, so here goes!

20160518_013226.jpg

I made the basic shape from 6 mil Sintra, I use a lot of Sintra in my builds mainly because I have a bunch of it scored from salvaging it from a grocery store remodel!

20160614_185032.jpg

I cut out the holes needed and slushed some urethane resin into places that needed more structural integrity, such as handle mounting points etc.

20160525_222406.jpg

I used 12 volt strip led's behind acrylic that was sanded on the backside to diffuse the light. Dials were made from various sizes of pvc and body filler was used to make the bevels. The Led's ran off of 8 AA batteries that were held in the rear of the gun behind a panel held on with magnets.

20160625_004246.jpg

The needle arm was made by filling a vinyl tube with urethane resin and zip tied to armature wire that was pre bent to the shape I needed. Once cured, I just cut the vinyl tube off and had a resin arm like I needed!

20160709_224826.jpg

I don't know why this picture posted sideways, but I took the magnet off of a 6" woofer donated to me from a local car audio shop to save weight. The woofer is purely cosmetic and the sound comes from the smaller speakers. All the bluetooth hardware is inside the front box in the bottom with an aux input and USB recharging port. It is separate from the LED hardware.

20160707_232726.jpg

This isn't even all the parts, I believe there are more than 70 pieces to it !

20160710_231410.jpg

Here you can see where the battery box for the LED's are hidden, but easy to get to.

20160912_161932.jpg

The cables were sourced from an old set of A/V cables from a PS Vita I don't have anymore. The RCA plugs were almost a perfect match, so I cut them off and cast copies in urethane resin so I would have enough. I can sync the Dubstep gun to my phone and play sound through it. I have a short youtube video demo showing this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QGHHg3vbps . I also have more things to look at on my FB page, http://www.facebookcom/vectorsigmacreations

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back