Jumanji Board - 3D Printed

Nice work! I have Markpoons board and never seen something that came close to it. But this version, when finished nicely, could be a winner! I will be following this thread with great interest!

Hey all,

Your comments are lovely and keep me going!

Not a lot has happened since the last update, apart from a few printer meltdowns and very slow printing progress. However, I've managed to somehow squeeze out most of the main board, which means I get to start the long and enjoyable process of sanding back PLA, then onto the fun of painting!

Most importantly though, I've managed to update the plans! Nothing too exciting, just some more information on the game pieces and I spent a few days drawing up the instructions as accurately as I could, so hopefully a few people will find those useful.
View attachment JumanjiPlansA0.pdf

But most excitingly, onto the photos!
IMG_9715.JPGIMG_9707.JPGIMG_9649.JPG

So I've got the main parts of the board done, all I have to finish off are the game piece holders, the play board, and the game pieces themselves.

I've had a lot of problem printing the play board, the piece seems almost cursed, failed no less than seven times.
IMG_9634.JPG

Printing again, let's hope it goes well. However in good news, along with finishing up the plans, I've made a clean copy of the instructions, which I've printed up. I can't wait to insert them into the board!
IMG_9724.JPG

Effectively all I can do now is keep sanding and waiting for more parts to print. Hope to have this done in the next few weeks though!

your 3d printed board looks very nice, well done :thumbsup

Hey all,

Your comments are lovely and keep me going!

Not a lot has happened since the last update, apart from a few printer meltdowns and very slow printing progress. However, I've managed to somehow squeeze out most of the main board, which means I get to start the long and enjoyable process of sanding back PLA, then onto the fun of painting!

Most importantly though, I've managed to update the plans! Nothing too exciting, just some more information on the game pieces and I spent a few days drawing up the instructions as accurately as I could, so hopefully a few people will find those useful.
View attachment 628141

But most excitingly, onto the photos!
View attachment 628139View attachment 628138View attachment 628137

So I've got the main parts of the board done, all I have to finish off are the game piece holders, the play board, and the game pieces themselves.

I've had a lot of problem printing the play board, the piece seems almost cursed, failed no less than seven times.
View attachment 628136

Printing again, let's hope it goes well. However in good news, along with finishing up the plans, I've made a clean copy of the instructions, which I've printed up. I can't wait to insert them into the board!
View attachment 628140

Effectively all I can do now is keep sanding and waiting for more parts to print. Hope to have this done in the next few weeks though!

What's up with the two lid sides missing and the sudden indent edge on the side of the bottom board?

The board had to be sliced up to be printable. At the time of the photo being taken, it was all just sort of sitting in a pile. Much of the slicing was to ensure that there was less support structure to save on filament. It took the lid parts down from over 1kg to about 300g each! The lid sides were propping up the board!

An update on the play board printing, I managed to get it to print, but due to it being so tall and thin, by the time the print got to the top it became unstable and the details were very obscured. I'll probably pay to have it laser engraved. It will simply be faster and give a much nicer finish I think!

Dude those original plans helped me alot. Thanks for sharing the update. Your printed board looks awesome, you got a plan for the paint job?

I hate to disappoint you guys, but like I said earlier I am a slow prop builder. With the inclement weather down under and a new more than full time job I haven't been able to progress much on the board. But I do intend to produce a few of these if the final build is up to my standards. With help of course, I can't imagine trying to make a lot of these with the speed that I progress at when just making one!

But of course, we gotta make one first. I'll let you know when I've done some more work, but if anyone has any questions please ask away, might keep the thread alive in the mean time!

I hate to disappoint you guys, but like I said earlier I am a slow prop builder. With the inclement weather down under and a new more than full time job I haven't been able to progress much on the board. But I do intend to produce a few of these if the final build is up to my standards. With help of course, I can't imagine trying to make a lot of these with the speed that I progress at when just making one!

But of course, we gotta make one first. I'll let you know when I've done some more work, but if anyone has any questions please ask away, might keep the thread alive in the mean time!

excellent news!!

I love that you've modeled it! I started painting a depth map in photoshop back in November 2015 with hopes of printing it, but I was never quite happy with it. Yours looks much nicer than mine did! I'm super glad that someone made it work and that I wasn't crazy for trying to depth model it! I can't wait to see more progress on this. I would totally love to get a kit or .stl of this! Best of luck!

I am subscribed. Looking forward to seeing how things progress. Great work so far.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back