Spawn / Iron Man crossover helmet build (Done ! 6/3/14)

Weaselhammer

Sr Member
I was working recently on an Iron Man helmet which came from a Shark Mark pep model and started thinking that because everybody and their sister have built an Iron Man helmet already, that I wanted to do something different. I had pretty good success with my Iron Man/ Boba Fett helmet mashup last year, so I got to brainstorming another abomination, and came up wit SPAWN !

This is where I am now in the build, It will be black with the white facial details, and you can see one of the pucks I made incorporating the Spawn logo design. I am in the process of doing some prototype teeth to see how they will work out. I will be lighting the eyes with green LED's .

IMAG1006.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Spawn / Iron Man crossover helmet build

I'm still tinkering with my Iron spawn project, and here is a crappy cell phone pic to show a little progress !

IMAG1024.jpg

That's gorgeous and awesome. I love the mashup it's original and well done! I would love to see the full thing as it comes along as seriously that sounds like it'll be an amazing work and look bad ass. The helmet is so smooth and clean looking, whats your procedure? I'm making a War Machine and I really want it to look as clean and smooth as you have so really what does it take? Is it like hours and days of sanding one piece? Wet sanding? quality paint?

That's gorgeous and awesome. I love the mashup it's original and well done! I would love to see the full thing as it comes along as seriously that sounds like it'll be an amazing work and look bad ass. The helmet is so smooth and clean looking, whats your procedure? I'm making a War Machine and I really want it to look as clean and smooth as you have so really what does it take? Is it like hours and days of sanding one piece? Wet sanding? quality paint?

Thanks for the kind words ! As far as my method, mostly just a lot of sanding. I started with a SharkMark pepakura base, and did several layers of resin to seal and stiffen it. I then fiberglassed the inside to make it strong. When I do the bodywork, I do my bondo in light layers, sand it, then add more little by little. I see so many people slap an inch thick layer of bondo on their pep model and try to carve the shape back into it. You lose so much detail that way !

This is looking great! I can't wait to see it with the green eyes, it will really pop! I also love the 'teeth' ;)

This is looking great! I can't wait to see it with the green eyes, it will really pop! I also love the 'teeth' ;)

Thanks a lot ! I haven't been working on it as much as I'd like due to life getting in the way, but I hope to get more done soon.

Very cool idea, I especially like the teeth :lol

Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the armor.

I'm so happy to see this! I love the creativity and you did an amazing job! It's a nice fresh take the played out iron man helmet. I'd love to see a series of these. Keep it up

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back