Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

The final movie will be projected at 24 fps from start to finish. The only way to get (smooth looking) fast or slow motion is to change the recording speed of the camera on the set while the action was filmed. Camera running slower than 24 fps = the footage looks fast-motion when played back at 24 fps. Slow motion is created by doing the opposite, running the camera faster than 24 fps while it records the action.

It causes some complications. Nobody can see the final result of a shot before it's done, and then they are committed to whatever speed they recorded it at. No changing their mind in the editing room. And slow motion footage (camera is running faster than 24 fps when the action is filmed) requires a ton of light for proper film exposure.

They can't scrap it. Disney has it on their schedule. They get all the money and freedom they want to make what they wnt, but the deal is they deliver movies to the mouse. They'll bring in a new director, but the fact it is happening weeks into filming is not a good sign. That means Lucasfilm and/or Disney wasn't liking what was being shot. Given that the script was done and locked, it's likely a tonal or directorial issue.

My guess is that they will scrap the whole thing now.

No, see the post above. It's likely a tonal thing and they will bring in a new Director to finish shooting, do re-shoots and editing. It's not dissimilar to what happened with Rogue One but Gareth played ball.

I dunno, after weeks of shooting it's pretty late in the game to notice a tonal difference severe enough to part ways over. Lucasfilm knew what they were getting when they hired these guys. This suggests a much larger rift.

Oh man... now I'm not sure about this.

I was fine with everything cuz I trust those two dudes... I've followed everything they've done since Clone High and I felt like I KNEW the movie we were getting...

Well so much for that...

Ant Man all over again.

Seriously!? They were a big reason this movie was even on my radar.. I hope they can find someone fit for the task.. and I hope we won't get a disjointed movie...

My Pros and Cons list has been updated...
Reasons to see this movie: Donald Glover.
Reasons to not see this movie: Everything else.

Make Han a sencondary character and give the spotlight to Donald Glover, we've heard him express his deep respect for both the actor and character more than the guy playing Han has

On the contrary, this is GREAT news. Those guys are strictly cartoon directors, imo.

On second though, for it to truly be GREAT news, they would have to decide to scrap the whole thing.

So they got rid of this director duo because of tone? Well, ok. I would like to remind the whole world that Disney still has Colin Trevorrow at the helm of Episode IX.

Disney, it's not too late...
They'll keep him because he's easier to keep under their thumb. I suspect the situation was similar with Edwards and Johnson. I never liked the idea of this movie, and thought Lord and Miller were a bad choice regardless. I respect them for holding their ground (at least I suspect like that's why they were fired).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back