My Lifesize 1:1 Shoretrooper / Scarif Trooper

i can't wait to see this finished!

Makes me want to finish repositioning my 1:1 ANH TK. (I made my own "manaquin" out of steel electrical conduit. I need to post pics one day. It works quite well)

Thanks guys!

Trying to get this done and was able to start working on the blue for the chest armor and shoulder bells. I don't have access to the original color so I checked a few other options and came came across a Montana Black light blue color. The color on the can looked great so I went with it. I should have tested it first (not sure why I didn't, I usually do because the cap never matches the color). As I was taking off the masking fluid I realized this color was way off. I tried to lighten it by washing it out with some white acrylic but I still hated it.

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4485.JPG

So I stopped and looked at several other colors and ended up with this Rustoleum Spa Blue. I tested it, liked it, re-taped the armor, and hit it with a couple of coats. Then I knocked the gloss sheen down with a few coats of satin clear.

IMG_4488.JPG

IMG_4489.JPG

The color is still off but I am happy with this and once I wash it in black acrylic and start weathering, it should be fine enough for me. I just need to re-tape the left and right sides and re-paint the beige because I screwed up and need to fix the shape of the blue areas.

And yes, before anyone points it out, I know this paint scheme is not correct for Captain, but I like this scheme the best.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where this piece goes? What it's for? Can't seem to locate it on any images, was thinking a lower back plate?

IMG_4487.JPG

I was able to adjust the shape of the blue area a little, it's still off, but I'm not gonna mess with it anymore..............

IMG_4492.JPG

I used Montana Gold Himalaya Blue with a Dark Umber oil wash for the blue details. The chest stripe is 2" high with a sharp cut to the angle on the outer edges; the top should run parallel to the buckles.

Depending on on your size, you may need to shim the bottom edges of the back and the chest.

By the way, if you are seeking 501st approval with this kit, get rid of the lens that came with the helmet. It's not dark enough and you can pick up a better one at local motorcycle shops for about $10.

Last edited:
Thats the backplate. It fits on the back of the torso piece.
View attachment 733777

Ahh, thank you!

I used Montana Gold Himalaya Blue with a Dark Umber oil wash for the blue details. The chest stripe is 2" high with a sharp cut to the angle on the outer edges; the top should run parallel to the buckles.

Depending on on your size, you may need to shim the bottom edges of the back and the chest.

By the way, if you are seeking 501st approval with this kit, get rid of the lens that came with the helmet. It's not dark enough and you can pick up a better one at local motorcycle shops for about $10.

Thank you, although I'm not seeking 501st approval, I appreciate the input! I couldn't get my hands on the Himalaya Blue, but hopefully with weathering I can make this work.

Your welcome. I think we actually agreed to refer to it as the "spineplate" not backplate so as to not confuse it with the upper back piece. Anyway, it took me about 6 months to build this with two of those months delayed due to having to wait on a replacement part from Rocketeer due to damage during shipping. Visibility sucks and mobility is limited but it is worth it in the end. Good luck with the rest and let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:
Had some time to start a little weathering today, laid down a bit of black, brown, and tan and added some scratches and dings. The light washes out some of the detail, but it's a good start. I've watched a ton of weathering tutorials online but it's never been my strong suit, so I'm still working on it!

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

IMG_4519.JPG

Excellent build. Thanks for sharing!!

Do you mind sharing what color and paint you used for the base color of the helmet? I'm about to get a Shore Trooper helmet hit and need to go "paint shopping".

Also, did you ever figure out where the above part goes? LOL!

Thanks again

Excellent build. Thanks for sharing!!

Do you mind sharing what color and paint you used for the base color of the helmet? I'm about to get a Shore Trooper helmet hit and need to go "paint shopping".

Also, did you ever figure out where the above part goes? LOL!

Thanks again

I used Montana Black Beige, but the correct color is Montana Gold Sahara Beige.

I got slightly detoured on this, I wanted to get a hold of some hip armor but to have someone custom print them was going to cost me over $100. I just decided to do a quick and dirty scratch build using some leftover styrene. I was able to place the body and chest armor on as well as the shoulder bells. I was also able to adjust his pose so he leans slightly to the right, I was trying to recreate a figurine pose I saw. I did a test fit of the bicep and forearm armor then put the helmet on just to see how it would looked. I still have to install the visor and greeblies on the helmet and weather the forearm and shin armor. It's coming along great, I'm real pleased with how it's turning out..........

IMG_4530.JPG

Little more progress today, sorry for the poor lighting again, need to take some photos in the daytime when it's brighter. The lighting makes the blue on the shoulder bells looks so much darker in these photos.

I installed magnets in both the bicep and forearm armor to keep those together.........make it's so much easier to put on and take off. I used a little bit of strong epxoy on the bottom of each magnet then secured it with some hot glue just to make it a little more stable.

IMG_4531.JPG

I used Velcro on the inside, rear portion of the shin armor and a small piece on the exterior at the front. The piece on the front is hidden by the front covers. I also used Velcro to attach those front cover pieces. (Sorry, meant to take a photos before assembling.) I also did a little weathering to the forearm, shin, and hip armor.

IMG_4533.JPG

IMG_4534.JPG

Still have a little weathering to do, need to finish the helmet, the belt, gloves, the strapping for the shin armor and chest armor, and then fill the two small gaps on each side of the chest armor. I have some leftover styrene I can use for that.

It's getting there................

IMG_4532.JPG

Last edited:
Trying to finish this up, had to take more design liberties and deviate even further from screen accurate, but I can live with it. Worked on the belt and boxes, simple screw attachments to hold them on.

IMG_4551.JPG

IMG_4552.JPG

Then I did a quick and dirty mod on the hand, kind of like what I've done on several of my other mannequins. I got lucky with this hand pose and only had to alter the thumb, the other fingers were positioned great for holding the blaster. I removed the thumb, twisted together some strands of copper wire I had, and epoxied one end into the base. Once the epoxy set, I coated it with some hot glue.

IMG_4584.JPG

I took a small piece of styrene, cut it to size, drilled a hole in the center, and fed the wires through. I secured that, as well as two pieces of the thumb, with glue. I learned from my Stormtrooper project that I should make the thumb a little longer than normal to help with a good grip.

IMG_4585.JPG

I built the area up with some black duck tape (not pictured) then put on the gloves. It works great, holds the blaster perfectly.

IMG_4586.JPG

IMG_4587.JPG

IMG_4588.JPG

Then I finished the belt with the canisters, filled in the side gaps on the body armor, painted and installed the chest / back armor strapping, installed the visor and greeblies on the helmet, added the ammo pouch, and mounted the hand and blaster.

IMG_4590.JPG

IMG_4593.JPG

IMG_4591.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

IMG_4598.JPG

I still have to add the spine plate and then add the strapping to the shin armor, then it's about done. Real pleased with how it's turning out, this has become one of my favorite pieces.

Last edited:
I'm happy to say I'm about 95% done with this guy, turned out to be one of my all time favorites. Thanks to Inception Studios for putting together a real nice kit. The last touches today were the boot straps and spine plate. Wasn't sure how I wanted to do the straps since there's several different ways, so I just decided to notch out a piece and glue that end on. Then I added a piece of Velcro to the other end which sits under the front shin plate.

IMG_4630.JPG

IMG_4632.JPG

IMG_4633.JPG

I have some small details to finish like the vents on the back plate that I left black, etc, but now he's in the Star Wars room and it looks great.

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4631.JPG

IMG_4638.JPG

IMG_4637.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back