eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

I’ve never heard of this before. A chargeback is there to protect you. Your CC company just does it. They don’t need approval from the company in question. I’ve filed a chargeback twice and had my money pending on my account the same day both times. I also know of numerous people that have filed chargebacks without issue. CC purchases through paypal can be different. I’ve seen people file paypal claims and paypal even decided in their favor but the funds were not there to give back. So, the person filed a chargeback and got their money that way. This leaves paypal hanging out to dry but when you’re talking $1,000 +…. Paypal then banned their account but hey, at least they got their money back.
Your situation just seems odd. I'm truly sorry if your CC company cannot do anything for you.

You could always file a complaint with the BBB https://www.bbb.org/losangelessilic.../online-retailer/efx-in-los-angeles-ca-351281

I would do everything i could to make as much noise as i could if they had my money.
Were your situations for preorders where the delivery date was not made clear?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Were your situations for preorders where the delivery date was not made clear?

They were not. One was for a fraudulent charge to my account and the other was for a VOIP service / phone that the company failed to refund for service that was unused. So I filed a chargeback in both cases and it was never an issue.
I know some companies have a time limit on when a chargeback can be filed. So if you’re in the 3-4 year or whatever then you might be out of luck. I would still call my CC company and explain the situation and the history / bad rep that EFX has. I mean if it’s been 3-4 years and still no delivery then they are committing fraud and stealing your money. You bought an item and they have failed to deliver.
I have Capital One as my CC company and they have an online filing method. You explain your story and provide whatever it is that you need to provide to back your chargeback claim and then they handle it.
Did the Scout Trooper helmets ever have a delivery estimate? Like Q2 of 2016 or anything that was later removed from the site? Was there ever an email with an estimated / promised date? You could easily use that to back your chargeback.
The claim I filed for the VOIP service the company actually changed the wording / policy on their site after I bought and I pointed that out during my chargeback claim.

Totally agree about the EFX owners just wanting to obtain props for themselves.

E.G. the Hero Stormtrooper armor they got access to (was it 2012?), replicated it, then promptly bragged about it on their website and RPF,
but remained cryptic on when it would be available for pre-order - which is 2 days past never.

Jump to today and all you find is Gino (EFX Art Director) lording his personal cast (I'm sure he has the moulds too) of the armor over everyone in his personal facebook account. This is normal behavior for Gino, he has done this since forever.

"Look at what I have and you can't have" thing.... until sometime in the future, when he needs extra cash,
he will "offer" the only screen accurate Stormtrooper armor cast directly from a complete Hero suit.

All access paid for by EFX customer pre-orders! It's a hell of a gig.

I agree, once they are banned there's less chance of working things out, if they ever get worked out.

I am not defending EFX one bit. I didn't buy anything from them, but have been watching this thread because I'm amazed at how they are treating their customers.

Like I've said before if it were me, I would picket their next convention and I'm serious about that

People are buying chromed helmets right there at the convention while others have been waiting years

I personally believe eFX is nothing more of an excuse for these guys to purchase and replica licensed props for themselves using everyone else's money.

There I've said it...

The way everyone who's given money to this company has been treated is flat out ridiculous. But I believe banning them only helps EFX at this point.

If it were me boy.... I'd get 50 people together, meet up at every con and picket. You'd get a response then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received

"Many credit card issuers have policies against sellers charging a credit card account before shipment. If you think a seller charged your account too soon, report it to the credit card issuer. Otherwise, the issuer has no way to know the seller isn’t following its policies."

"
Ship Dates

• By law, a seller should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the seller doesn’t promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days.
  • The shipment “clock” begins when the seller receives a “properly completed order.” That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account — whether the account is charged at that time or not).
  • If the seller doesn’t promise a shipping time, and you are applying for credit to pay for your purchase, the seller has an additional 20 days (50 days total) to establish the account and ship the merchandise.

Clearly eFX is in violation of of these laws set forth by the Federal Trade Commission. I would also advise all of you to file a complaint with the FTC too. AND a chargeback based on the charge before shipping that your CC may have in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid a $300 deposit for the Legend edition Biker scout helmet & blaster back in 2014. I've been trying to get them to switch the $300 pre-order money into store credit for the last month or so, so I can use them towards the Darth Vader helmet instead, but even if I send them 3 emails aday to 3 different accounts, I get no reply to my request.

This is what they write in their FAQ section: https://efx-collectibles.myshopify.com/pages/faq

"Pre-Order deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE. However, you can cancel or change your order at no cost for items in stock as long it is prior to the item(s) being shipped. "

It should be pretty straight forward, but even this procedure isn't honored by them.

Last edited by a moderator:
How are EFX and its affiliates not banned from this forum.

Many a vendor has been banned from this forum for not delivering products but these guys seem to get a pass. I guess it's @Art Andrews; world, so he can do as he wishes :D

To be clear. We don't ban vendors simply for a failure to deliver within X amount of time. We ban vendors based on a number of reasons, including, but not limited to when we believe there is no longer any chance of them delivering or refunding members' money and/or when they stop communicating entirely. eFX is not getting special treatment nor will it. While I have no communication with them, to the best of my knowledge, they are still around and kicking and while everyone is in agreement that their communication and customer service is atrocious, they aren't/haven't scammed anyone or run off with people's money. When and if we feel that is the case, we will ban them just like any other bad seller.

I know Art has worked directly, in some fashion, with EFX on their Boba helmet. The nature of which I can't speak, but relaying from personal knowledge

Again, for the sake of clarity, I photographed and videoed eFX's casting of the Boba helmet in 2012 as an independent contractor. I have not worked with them in any capacity since then nor does that one-time gig have any connection to eFX's status as a member of this community.

To be clear. We don't ban vendors simply for a failure to deliver within X amount of time. We ban vendors based on a number of reasons, including, but not limited to when we believe there is no longer any chance of them delivering or refunding members' money and/or when they stop communicating entirely. eFX is not getting special treatment nor will it. While I have no communication with them, to the best of my knowledge, they are still around and kicking and while everyone is in agreement that their communication and customer service is atrocious, they aren't/haven't scammed anyone or run off with people's money. When and if we feel that is the case, we will ban them just like any other bad seller.

Then the question becomes "how long to members put up with this?" This goes back to 2012..it's May 2017. That's about 5 years, give or take.

I'll add that by this logic, EFX or other licensed vendors will NEVER be banned simply due to the fact that they can string buyers' along with either hollow promises or pushing back delivery times, that is, until they either finally do deliver something or they just go bankrupt/lose their license, which is honestly no different from NON-licensed vendors who do pretty much the same thing, that or they simply disappear. So I can't entirely agree that this is a valid counter-point to not ban these accounts.

The biggest difference in this circumstance is that you can't argue banning them from the RPF will result in hindered communication, especially when their communication is already craptacular and that they've got official avenues of approach, between directly (HR/customer service) and indirectly (Lucasfilm/Disney entities who deal with these things). The point I'm making is that EFX's line of communication is NOT exclusive to the RPF or any fan-prop community page- and neither are the customers.

Additionally, the fact that EFX has members on here with personal accounts, negates the idea of banning "official" accounts unless we tie them with the companies as well. While I hope that nothing nefarious is going on with EFX and the money behind the pre-orders, what happens if something comes to light, as an example above, that an EFX (or any licensed vendor) employee having used their position to for personal benefit, the company goes under at the end of it all, and no one getting what they paid for?

Are we gonna let this individual off the hook because he was part of a "business" enterprise? Or are we going to allow such individuals who've willfully screwed over an entire collecting community to remain a part of this board?

While I'm not intricately knowledge on EFX's internal functions, it certainly isn't beyond the scope of possibilities, especially when you're privy to access to extremely rare and valuable assets...

There's a lot of quid-pro-quo in the prop/collecting community, after all....

As someone with $700 tied up in this, I'm as frustrated as anyone else, but it seems like there may not be a lot of options for forums like this (and those in charge of them) aside from letting things continue as they are. It's occurred to me that there's something problematic about the idea (explained to me by one of the defenders over at Rebelscum) that EFX has done nothing wrong unless they never deliver what they promised. My question was: "How will we know when 'never' has arrived?" In relation to the proposed bans, etc, once "never" has arrived, will banning make a difference? I don't know.

Short of some sort of official branding system to attach to problem people/companies, i.e.: "Muppet_Yoda, Known Recaster", "Anovos, Known Over-Promiser", or "Wookiee_Armpit, Scallywag", I'm not sure there's much to be done, unfortunately. :lol

efx has delivered some products and has made an appearance at at least one convention recently, so it's not like they have totally disappeared. They have just really dropped the ball on certain products.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am one of you, who paid in full, for a Legend Scout lid back when it was first announced in 2014, and am also totally frustrated with the lack of updates. Over a year ago now, I, like the rest of you, received an email about their offer to gift a PRC Vader helmet, as a thanks for being patient. Move ahead 15 months, and I am yet to even receive that, even though they are selling them worldwide. I have emailed suggesting that the local dealer here in Australia organise delivery as their shipping cost direct from EFx are apparently ridiculously expensive. I have bought many items from EFx, direct and indirect. I'm sure they will deliver, "when" is the BIG question we all need answered. I sure do hope it's soon.

Basically, if they say you can pre-order for a convention pick up, then that's most likely safe. But I wouldn't pre-order anything through eFX anymore with any kind of estimated delivery. Which is a shame because I love my Coulson cards and SHIELD badge.

they aren't/haven't scammed anyone or run off with people's money. When and if we feel that is the case, we will ban them just like any other bad seller.
I am curious as to how many years need to go by with no product and communication before it's deemed people have been scammed by the RPF staff. Waiting 5 years for anything someone has paid for is unacceptable. No one would wait 5+ years for a car they purchased from a dealership or for groceries from the market.

I am curious as to how many years need to go by with no product and communication before it's deemed people have been scammed by the RPF staff. Waiting 5 years for anything someone has paid for is unacceptable. No one would wait 5+ years for a car they purchased from a dealership or for groceries from the market.
I think the reasoning is that efx has been active in other ways. They have released other products, appeared at conventions, posted messages about other topics, etc. They haven't just disappeared.

I think the reasoning is that efx has been active in other ways. They have released other products, appeared at conventions, posted messages about other topics, etc. They haven't just disappeared.

I got his reasoning. I was retorting by asking how long is long enough.

Also there are plenty of scammers that sell to people and never deliver product or communicate, yet still make appearances and sell themselves; just look at David Eugene Winant Jr. Just because a person/company is active doesn't mean they aren't scamming someone; the bottom line is are they ever shipping product out. If the answer is no, then there's a problem.

It seems like Lucasfilm should give efx a deadline to either start shipping or give refunds. I agree a vendor shouldn't be able to drag out orders indefinitely just because they are delivering other products. The hard part is determining when it has been too long and what the deadline is.

Simply put:

They HAVE broken the law: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieve....1.4.54&r=PART

They have NO RESPECT for the customer.

They are the LOWEST form of life in the collecting community.

And, the sheer audacity to develop and bring a new product to market, the Vader PCR, before completing the Scout, is the HIGHEST level of arrogance, and speaks volumes.

It will be a great day for the community when they finally (inevitably) disappear.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back