Metal Movie Cap Shield on a budget **DONE!! FINAL PICS ON PAGE 4

Valor your work is amazing on this project! looks so good.

I am going to follow your lead and take this on for myself! I don't know if I missed it, but is there a dimensional diameter value for the rings anywhere? I couldn't seem to find what was used for the sizes...

It really depends on the overall size of the shield. Here's a thread where we tried to unpack this issue a bit:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=130400&highlight=captain+america+dimensions

Valor your work is amazing on this project! looks so good.

I am going to follow your lead and take this on for myself! I don't know if I missed it, but is there a dimensional diameter value for the rings anywhere? I couldn't seem to find what was used for the sizes...

If I remember, my sled shield ended up being 24" after trimming the ouster ring off. And the center circle way 10" ... You could go a tad smaller, say 9.5" ... Then it's a matter of taking the remaining diameter and dividing it by 6. So for a 24" shield with a 10" center circle, each ring would be 2.3" wide.

Diameter of shield - Diameter of center circle divided by 6 = width of each ring.

cool!
i picked up the red sled so assume it'll be 24-25"
thanks for the info!

perfect... i'll give it a look as soon as it gets here and trimmed off the edge. thx again! sure i'll be picking your brain as i go thru the build... :thumbsup

Hey everyone!
Working on my own sled shield. Question about the type of clear coat to use for this. Duplicolor makes a clear coat that I assume works well with their Metalcast line. But I have read that others work well, as long as they are acrylic based.
Any tips/preferences?
Thanks!!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back