Thor: Ragnarok

Dude. Yes. I was clamoring for Idris Elba to be Bishop since the damn DOFP concept art was released, instead they got some no name clown that didnt do anything. Then again I guess its good they didnt cast him because he would have been wasted.
Wasted he definitely was, but that "no name clown" is Omar Sy, an A list french actor... Star of notably "Intouchable", a film that's so well liked that American are about to butcher it in a remake with a real clown, Kevin Hart, and sadly, Bryan Cranston !

That aside, Ragnarok looks like it's gonna be some wild fun ! A welcome change compared to the ok-ish first two.

There's a character called Valkyrie in this film , a thought Valkyrie was the name given to the female warriors of Asgard ?

She is a Marvel character much like Thor. I believe we see her on her winged horse in the trailer

1286151-aragorn1.jpg

Wasted he definitely was, but that "no name clown" is Omar Sy, an A list french actor... Star of notably "Intouchable", a film that's so well liked that American are about to butcher it in a remake with a real clown, Kevin Hart, and sadly, Bryan Cranston !

Additionally, Omar Sy was in Jurassic World as Barry, Owen Grady's fellow raptor trainer.

That aside, Ragnarok looks like it's gonna be some wild fun ! A welcome change compared to the ok-ish first two.
I kinda meant the character of Bishop, and compared to Idris Elba he is no name over the pond. I dont even think he had a speaking line in DOFP. I guess clown was the wrong word. Unfamiliar actor playing a pointless character would have been more accurate, but you being from Belgium, I get why your feathers were ruffled. Ew god I cant stand Kevin Hart. I love Bryan Cranston though.

So is this supposed to be a dark or a fun movie? While i do like the trailer in general, it has me a little confused. Looks like Hela destroys Mjiolnir and decimates Asgard. I mean thats kind of a big deal, no? And if the flashback lightning pool scene from Avengers is from this movie, I dont see how they can mesh that dark and funny. And if the rumors hold true about Heimdal, idk. I guess we will see.

harrisonp
I don't necessarily think they need to be taken out. I'm fine with Skurge having Earth guns if the explanation is good.
The Mad Professor
How do you think they will go about explaining it in the movie? Will they actually show Ares in a Thor movie, or something else?
Riceball
The lighting and angle made it look like an MP5 handguard on the screen I was using at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
@The Mad Professor
How do you think they will go about explaining it in the movie? Will they actually show Ares in a Thor movie, or something else?

Probably have Skurge standing at Gjallerbru, mowing down Hela's army as it comes to invade, until Hela slays him, at which point she will be the only one to invade Asgard, and she will destroy it herself as seen in the trailer. As for Ares, I don't recall him being in the story, and he hasn't been introduced in the MCU (nor have the other Olympians), so it's possible they will just write him out entirely for the sake of storytelling simplicity.

She is a Marvel character much like Thor. I believe we see her on her winged horse in the trailer

View attachment 720627

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar (Old Norse "single (or once) fighters"[1]). When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

In Norse mythology, a valkyrie (from Old Norse valkyrja "chooser of the slain") is one of a host of female figures who choose those who may die in battle and those who may live. Selecting among half of those who die in battle (the other half go to the goddess Freyja's afterlife field Fólkvangr), the valkyries bring their chosen to the afterlife hall of the slain, Valhalla, ruled over by the god Odin. There, the deceased warriors become einherjar (Old Norse "single (or once) fighters"[1]). When the einherjar are not preparing for the events of Ragnarök, the valkyries bear them mead. Valkyries also appear as lovers of heroes and other mortals, where they are sometimes described as the daughters of royalty, sometimes accompanied by ravens and sometimes connected to swans or horses.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valkyrie

Yep, I'm aware of the mythology. But being a Marvel movie with a character named Valkyrie, one can only assume it's the Asgardian goddess Brunnhilde. In the Marvel comic, she is the leader of the Valkyrior which is basically the Valkyrie

Probably have Skurge standing at Gjallerbru, mowing down Hela's army as it comes to invade, until Hela slays him, at which point she will be the only one to invade Asgard, and she will destroy it herself as seen in the trailer. As for Ares, I don't recall him being in the story, and he hasn't been introduced in the MCU (nor have the other Olympians), so it's possible they will just write him out entirely for the sake of storytelling simplicity.
I doubt they are going to put Ares in here considering Wonder Woman might use him as the main antagonist. Just a guess though.

I doubt they are going to put Ares in here considering Wonder Woman might use him as the main antagonist. Just a guess though.

The concept of Ares is far older than Marvel and DC combined. Neither has a legal claim to the character name. Only the unique character design.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back