The Magnificent Seven (Post-release)

Saw it, enjoyed it, though nothing particularly new or surprising.

I did enjoy listening for James Horner's contributions to the soundtrack. They're there, certainly.

I had a sudden realization maybe about halfway through: this is pretty much "Blazing Saddles" redone as an action film. All the pieces are there. I was half expecting him to exhort the townfolk with "You'd do it for Randolph Scott!" ;)

That's really funny - I kept thinking the same thing - I was waiting for them to build a false city for the bad guys to wreck!

Saw it with the Mrs a week or two ago - Really a shame that the villain was such a cartoon - I thought the rest of the film was pretty enjoyable

Saw it, enjoyed it, though nothing particularly new or surprising.

I did enjoy listening for James Horner's contributions to the soundtrack. They're there, certainly.

I had a sudden realization maybe about halfway through: this is pretty much "Blazing Saddles" redone as an action film. All the pieces are there. I was half expecting him to exhort the townfolk with "You'd do it for Randolph Scott!" ;)

I loved it. I mean it wasn't flawless of course but still was really enjoyable + western (which we don't see that often these days).
It was really great to hear the score of one of my favourite composers.
@Riceball Yeah! Certainly! She looked kinda like Jennifer Lawrence. At first I thought she was Léa Seydoux due to her similarity to Haley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't like it ! ! I don't like heroes getting killed off..even in the original they die way too easy..I like Robert Fuller as Vin in Return of the 7 , McQueen was the original Vin but a crummy jumped up A-hole in real life !! Bob is a solid Vin and a solid guy, he's still kickin' ! !

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back