Harry Potter Spellcraft Kit

Cameron

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been on a bit of a Harry Potter prop kick lately. I'm mainly a Star Wars Star Trek guy so this was a fun and different change of pace. If your near my age one of your favorite toys as a kid was a Chemistry set. I had several growing up. It got me thinking. If muggles have Chemistry sets do little wizards have Spell and Potion sets? It was that idea that drove me to make this.

Introducing the Spellcraft Potion and Spell Set. Hogwarts approved! Wand NOT Included.

IMG_0083.JPGIMG_0084.JPGIMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0094.JPGIMG_0090.JPGIMG_0093.JPG
IMG_0092.JPGIMG_0096.JPG

Thanks U Man. Yes, some heavy photoshopping and chopping of a label from the 20's. Created a few elements from scratch as well.

That is awesome! So awesome that I had to stop lurking and say something. I especially love the colors, that cherry box with all those aged yellow labels is just perfect. I'm sure this is just a display piece, but I can't help but to think how cool it would be to serve drinks out of that haha.

glad you decided to stop lurking and join the party!
welcome to the site jwmbot!

That is awesome! So awesome that I had to stop lurking and say something. I especially love the colors, that cherry box with all those aged yellow labels is just perfect. I'm sure this is just a display piece, but I can't help but to think how cool it would be to serve drinks out of that haha.

Jumping Jobberknolls!!! What a stellar piece!

Cameron, you've done a fabulous job on this kit! Your attention to detail really puts it over the top in quality and imagination. I especially like how you've created this all yourself and created it in the spirit of the HP world, and didn't just copy an established prop. That is really thinking outside the box (no pun intended...:D)

I just LOVE IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mainly the paper- Did you use tea/coffee or acrylic? :)

The paper was printed in the faded yellow color. To weather it further I use sand paper and a Tamla weathering kit that has black silver and rust. The labels are printed on plain paper, elmers glued onto the bottle, a bit of sanding and then I smudge some of the color on the label.

By the way just about everything I used to make the kit was purchased at Hobby Lobby including the box, bottles and wood dividers Vial toppers (silver buttons). The Caldron and the small vials were ebay. The red velvet was Joanns. All with 50% off coupon of course.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back