Real Hovering Jedi Training Remote: FINISHED!

I bought a earth globe set several years ago to make a hovering training remote, but never made it, I have to think about it, find or draw the kit parts, and do assembly and painting.

Re: Real Floating Jedi Training Remote 2.0: 10 YEARS LATER!

What’s this trouble maker up to...

I sense something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine works great.

Remote.JPG

Trooper_trent, in your searching for good starting points, did you ever come across any 2.75" (or 2.5") globes? A project I'm working on needs a mag-lev globe and I can't find any that small. The one you used for your remote, at 3.5", seems to be the smallest this style comes...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trooper_trent, in your searching for good starting points, did you ever come across any 2.75" (or 2.5") globes? A project I'm working on needs a mag-lev globe and I can't find any that small. The one you used for your remote, at 3.5", seems to be the smallest this style comes...

Mine is 6"

There are 3" ones, but that's the smallest I've found. You could also buy a 2.5" plastruct and bastardize the magnet portion but you risk ruining it if you make a mistake or get the weight wrong.

How many watts does the remote draw under load? I’m looking at battery backups and wondering how big to go.
Thanks!

I'll probably get a 6" or 8" one, 'cause I know that'll take the weight. I was hoping to pair a larger-output base with a smaller globe, so I didn't have to do so much reworking of internals... But on thinking further, I realized I'll be messing with the balance enough, I should just trust to my problem-solving ability.

You've been an inspiration. :)

It’s not just weight. It’s also preset floating distance. So swapping out a larger one for a smaller one does not mean it’ll float farther away.

All these notifications, what’s going on in this thread :/

Ha. I get excited thinking others are done and I’m one closer on the list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s not just weight. It’s also preset floating distance. So swapping out a larger one for a smaller one does not mean it’ll float farther away.

How about a smaller one with stuff attached to the outside so it weighs as much as the larger one? ;)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back