Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizing!

Re: Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizi

Are you satisfied? the quilting looks pretty asymetrical in some areas :confused
What did you pay in the end?

Markus

Hey Markus,

I ended paying 359,99 plus 90 shipping to Italy plus 40 euros of duties!

In my humble opinion feels really nice as in terms of leather quality as in terms of stitching and quilting look!

I'm an amateur in this field, so You guys should indicate me what sounds out of place.

Actually there is some lens distorsion on my Casio Exilim! And expecially pants are a lot shrunk by the elastic at the hips!

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited:
Re: Ok I decided to make a Life Sized Vader! Need help for Dave Prowse Mannequin sizi

@ Markus . . . don't you know by now that STAR WARS is a-symmetrical by definition? :facepalm

When covered with all the other screen-accurate parts, this will look excellent Alberto :)

Chaim

Thanks Chaim I hope so!

Now let's talk about mannequins!

Let the hunt start and the suggestion take off please!:D

Regards,

Alberto

I think is against the rules to post direct links, I'll send You in pm! :thumbsup
Should anyone who would like the link feel free to ask me by pm!

Regards,

Alberto

I believe that rules is for active auctions.

Guys FYI, this is official, Dave Prowse just published this on his facebook page:

How tall was Vader?
I was 6ft 7in tall, 270-280Ibs. Boots and helmet took my height to about 7ft.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Prowse/121547614551086?fref=nf

Which means 197,78 cm tall!

Regards,

Alberto

- - - Updated - - -

Darth Niob wins!!:D:thumbsup

Yeah, at least sometimes i'm right :lol

Now lets search a good manni for us to start. I want to do an ESB version now and perhaps upgrade my ANH manni. So if you found something interesting..... ;)

Yeah, at least sometimes i'm right :lol

Now lets search a good manni for us to start. I want to do an ESB version now and perhaps upgrade my ANH manni. So if you found something interesting..... ;)

Thanks that would be really nice of You!!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

wow that really is an investment :D
where do you plan to place vader ? do you got a mancave full of prop treasures perhaps`?

cheers =)

Hi, Im new here but I am also buiding my costume and apreciate all the great tips.

Im slightly bigger than David Prowse, Im 6"8, 204cm 115 kg but since I am making everything from scratch I guess that won't be a problem.

One quick question, I have the Rubies helmet on a shelf and it looks kinda small, is the Rubies Delux larger and is it worth the extra money?

Last edited:

Hi there ... and welcome ... stay away from anything Rubies related ... go Darth Ugly if you seek a reasonable priced helmet : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=211837&highlight=Darth+Ugly bookface and CSMacLaren also developed an accompanying shoulder armor : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=227608&highlight=Darth+Ugly and check the Sith Lords Detachment forum for lots more info and assistance :)

Chaim

Thanx for the tip. I am not a diehard fan so that helmet is a bit outside of my budget. I was going for screen accurate but not 501 standard. I started out as a SW fan back when the movies came out but later turned to Star Trek, the Darth Vader suit is more of a chilhood fantasy I need to fulfill.

wow that really is an investment :D
where do you plan to place vader ? do you got a mancave full of prop treasures perhaps`?

cheers =)

Sorry, I missed Your question!

Answer is Yes I'm building a floor extension in my House that will be dedicated to collection exibition and metitation chamber!!:lol

There will be a 1:1 stormtrooper as well guarding my ANH DV!!

Regards,

Alberto

Hi, Im new here but I am also buiding my costume and apreciate all the great tips.

Im slightly bigger than David Prowse, Im 6"8, 204cm 115 kg but since I am making everything from scratch I guess that won't be a problem.

One quick question, I have the Rubies helmet on a shelf and it looks kinda small, is the Rubies Delux larger and is it worth the extra money?

I suggest for Your best results to get a Darth Ugly helmet which is not so expensive: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=211837&highlight=Darth+Ugly ; or better a Quasimodo Helmet http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=211017&highlight=quasimodo .

Both choices are way more accurate than Rubies!

Regards,

Alberto

Ok guys time has come and I'm the next in line to have the cape and robes made. Unfortunately a problem arises, Kev Vader needs the following measurements:

capebackmeasurement.jpg
I definitely need some help since DDay aka Fenix Props hasn't started his Dave Prowse sized mannequin, on which I plan to put the stuff I collected so far!

Pleeaseee! Would someone be so kind to measure his Prowse sized 1:1 ANH Vader and show up? Someone like GINO for example?

Regards,

Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back