3D printed console box's for Carbonite block

flimzy

Master Member
So 99% finished just a few more LEDs to wire up.
So I took the plunge and ditched the fiberglass console I bought and 3D printed, molded and cast my own. I did buy the metal clips, the LED kit and the ebay Han
casting, I've also decided not to go with a different color for the carbonite. IMG_1310.JPGIMG_1491.JPGIMG_1495.JPGIMG_1499.JPGIMG_1500.JPGIMG_1502.JPGIMG_1510.JPGIMG_1515.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1516.JPGIMG_1517.JPGIMG_1521.JPGIMG_1518.JPGIMG_1522.JPGIMG_1525.JPG

So I took the plunge and ditched the fiberglass console I bought and 3D printed, molded and cast my own. I did buy the metal clips, the LED kit and the ebay Han
casting, I've also decided not to go with a different color for the carbonite.View attachment 848273View attachment 848274View attachment 848275View attachment 848276View attachment 848277View attachment 848278View attachment 848279View attachment 848280View attachment 848281View attachment 848281View attachment 848282View attachment 848283View attachment 848285View attachment 848286View attachment 848287

This fantastic how did your the carbonite effect around the casting?

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Nice will check then out for sure. Is there a printable HSC any where?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

So where did you source the metal knobs for the main control panel?

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

casting, I've also decided not to go with a different color for the carbonite.

I have file for the hole box if any one is building there own. ;)

Last edited:
I've posted 3d files for the consoles on Thingiverse but I also have file for the hole box if any one is building there own.
I'd like the file for the box. I'm in the process of printing your Volvo panels now. Very nice.
Where did you get your greeblies? They look all metal.

I found the other Thingiverse files you posted. I have a few questions if you don't mind. I've started printing
one of your panels and they look great. Will you be offering cast versions? What color did you use on
your panels? And lastly did you print all your greeblies or did you find some of them in metal?

flimzy Did you use your 3D files to cut your box with a CNC machine? Your panels are not quite the same as the
Volvo panels so I can not buy Zenix's CNC cut box. If I can use your files from thingiverse I can just have them cut.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back