Bandai release schedule

@Sent : Unfortunately I don't know where you live and if the procedure is the same world-wide, so I can only describe the procedure in Germany. You write an email to Revell service@revell.de , state the kit number, kit designation and the number of the part(s) you need. Tell them your address, too (this speeds up the process tremendously). Usually you don't get an answer and find the part(s) in your mail a few weeks later. If you have to pay a fee because your order exceeds a certain limit (I had to pay a bit for the electronics) they'll contact you. If you think the price is too high (which is unlikely) you may cancel the order. If you pay the fee the parcel will be sent to you as soon as the money is received. Just give it a try, the ISD is still in their catalogue. :)
I live in Poland, so it's not that far away :) Thank you for your help :)

I'm not too sure about that, unless Revell somehow got their own copies of Bandai's molds.

From what I recall, Bandai has a very unique molding process for their molds. Bascially tech that is far beyond Revell.
I am not sure Revell would be able to invest in the machines to do that, so I am guessing Bandai is doing the production on the sprues and Revell may just be packaging them, or it is possible, Bandai is doing everything still and just using a different box for the Revell distributed kits similar to what they do for BlueFin

Bandai has a replacement service locally, and likewise, you can get replacements for missing/miscast parts through BlueFin for kits that were distributed by them for those outside Japan

Although I also seem to remember Revell having done new/improved decals for the Moebius BSG kits that they sold in Europe

Last edited:
I live in Poland, so it's not that far away :) Thank you for your help :)

You are welcome. :) However, I sincerely doubt they send items abroad. Anyways, asking is free. I'd love to know the outcome (keeping my fingers crossed!). :)

- - - Updated - - -

Although I also seem to remember Revell having done new/improved decals for the Moebius BSG kits that they sold in Europe

Yep. I ordered the enhanced decal sheets for my Moebius models. Even though I told them I would use them for the Moebius they sent them to me for free! :)

Last year i bought an old Venator kit on Ebay which didn't include decals. I contacted Revel via their contact form and asked them if it's possible to buy those decals separately, but never got an answer except their automatic reply.
Several weeks later, i suddenly found an envelope in my mailbox with a free decal sheet in it. :) :thumbsup

So if I understand what I've seen here and elsewhere correctly, Bandai's vehicle kit 006 -- the ~1:350 Falcon -- switched from an ANH lower hull to a TFA lower hull somewhere along the way, and this is the same Falcon that's in the Resistance Vehicle Set. Is there any way to tell which sprue I'll get in a 006 box? A way to skew the odds in favor of the five-gear version? A copyright date on the box, or some such? I'd rather not have to pay for the Resistance Vehicle Set just for the Falcon and end up with a couple of 1:144 T-70s I have no use for...

After a recent restructuring of the company (basically, Bandai's higher-end products like the model kits and the SH Figuarts figures will be sold by BANDAI SPIRITS), the Bandai logo on all kits released from September 2018 onwards will be blue.

I dunno if it'll also affect reissued/reprinted kits, but if the logo is blue, the mold'll be new.

Thanks, Bones. One problem I run into is sellers who use manufacturers' photos from initial release to advertise what they're selling, rather than a photo of the actual thing itself that would go into a box and be mailed to me. Looks like I'm going to have to ask the vendors to check the boxes, then?

I prefer the original 006 release, with the ANH-style maintenance pits and three landing gear boxes. The later version is annoying, because it has the TFA/TLJ bottom saucer piece. This means that the pits are the wider symmetrical TFA/TLJ pits, not the original ESB/ROTJ narrow pits.

But I wanted to get one of the changed versions to compare it, so I bought a couple more 006 kits. And ended up with the original ANH item. That's the thing about these silent kit changes - you never know what you're gonna get!

Thanks, Bones. One problem I run into is sellers who use manufacturers' photos from initial release to advertise what they're selling, rather than a photo of the actual thing itself that would go into a box and be mailed to me. Looks like I'm going to have to ask the vendors to check the boxes, then?

Pretty much, though it would take a while considering they're currently not reprinting VM006, according to their monthly restock: https://bandai-hobby.net/site/schedule_images/nouhin.pdf

This month they're reprinting:
1/72 TIE Advanced X-1
1/72 TIE Interceptor
1/72 Resistance X-Wing
1/144 Millennium Falcon (TLJ ver)
1/144 Millennium Falcon (Lando Calrissian ver.)

I prefer the original 006 release, with the ANH-style maintenance pits and three landing gear boxes. The later version is annoying, because it has the TFA/TLJ bottom saucer piece. This means that the pits are the wider symmetrical TFA/TLJ pits, not the original ESB/ROTJ narrow pits.

I don't have a problem with that. I'll be getting Shapeways upgrade parts for the cockpit, gunwells, dish and mount, sidewalls, etc. All I really need are the extra gear boxes. I plan to carve out the forward-ventral pits, back off the openings to the right amount with paper-thin styrene, level it with filler putty, and scratch the more-ESB-accurate pits.

It's less work than trying to do all of that plus the gear boxes to the ANH version.

I think I'll just go ahead and get the Resistance Vehicle Set. A couple friends are doing Resistance pilots, so I'll deco the X-Wings as their ships. Merry Christmas.

Well, we'll see. So far I got everything I wanted, many times even for free. Revell told me that replacement parts are salvaged from damaged kits so the time needed to prepare and send a replacement varies. If it takes too long to find a replacement or if there is none available Revell will tell you that. Recently I successfully received three A-Wing pilots and two sound modules from their SW kits without hazzle. Even though Bandai delivers top-notch quality there is always the possibility that a kit gets damaged during transit or re-packaging, so there might be some extra parts available.

@Sent : Unfortunately I don't know where you live and if the procedure is the same world-wide, so I can only describe the procedure in Germany. You write an email to Revell service@revell.de , state the kit number, kit designation and the number of the part(s) you need. Tell them your address, too (this speeds up the process tremendously). Usually you don't get an answer and find the part(s) in your mail a few weeks later. If you have to pay a fee because your order exceeds a certain limit (I had to pay a bit for the electronics) they'll contact you. If you think the price is too high (which is unlikely) you may cancel the order. If you pay the fee the parcel will be sent to you as soon as the money is received. Just give it a try, the ISD is still in their catalogue. :)

If Revell is re-issuing the vehicle models I'll try getting the parts for several standard TIEs from them (I need six of them in total and have no need for 6 Vader TIEs that would come with them). I'll definitely have to pay for them but a query will tell if it is cheaper to order the parts as extras or to get the full kits (and sell off the unneeded parts). ;)
RF thanks for the info...I bought the revell resistance A-wing before TLJ hit theaters I put it in the stash till the other day I opened it & the lights&sound module is missing it's been long time since I bought it hopefully they can help

scifiguy67 : ARGH! That's bad! I'm sorry to hear that. However, since the model is still in production just give it a try and ask them to send you a replacement. Describe what happened and that it was a glitch at the factory. Good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the Bandai Death Star II and Star Destroyer vehicle Model kit yesterday in the mail via Amazon.

Bandai does it again! I wanted a short break from the Zvezda I'm still slaving on and this kit did not disappoint. Great little kit that went together in less than an hour and the amount of detail crammed in the DSII is amazing. I could go full-tilt and dump some brass PE in there for added detail and the thought crossed my mind about lighting and FO - but decided 'Nah' - it's cool enough on it's own to just sit atop the iMac and display it's menacing form. I'll be stuck in Fiber Optic hell with the Zvezda soon enough - so why frustrate myself early?

Anyway - great little kit - the amount of detail in such a tiny scale is beyond impressive. Will lightly prime it, do a light gray surface and finish it with a darker grey wash to pull out the details in the surface and the greeblie innards. Bandai continues to impress and the engineering of these kits sans the need for cement is also another amazing feature to behold.

DSII.jpg

I just did a quick build of the JPG Production's C1-10P. It's a very nice little kit although I'm not really a resin type of guy. I made tons of mistakes! I knew I wasn't going to get the yellow on his head looking that great so did a deliberately grunged-up look by picking at it with toothpicks. This one looks pretty good with my other Astromechs, but I would be tempted if Bandai made one!

Last edited:
I just did a quick build of the JPG Production's C1-10P. It's a very nice little kit although I'm not really a resin type of guy. I made tons of mistakes! I knew I wasn't going to get the yellow on his head looking that great so did a deliberately grunged-up look by picking at it with toothpicks. This one looks pretty good with my other Astromechs, but I would be tempted if Bandai made one!
View attachment 850355

That looks really good. Out of curiosity, did you paint anything on your R2, it looks very good also.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back