Star Trek TOS Phaser-Controlled Rock Mood Light

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
Being premiered at SDCC but now available for sale here.

Brought to you by The Wand Co.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ksts/

CC1ABA15-455E-4722-9575-1BD546E08D6F.gif

Last edited:
FYI. Even though this will fit in the P2 of the remote control it won't work because it does not have the electrical connections to run the P2. It also doesn't have a rising site. Someone asked about it on their FB page and the response was they didn't do it because the B&W's didn't have rising sites, which anyone who has even watched the first episode to feature the B&W's, The Man Trap, knows that this in not correct.

I'm very disappointed that after waiting 2 years this is what we get from them, I'm actually disappointed in their other releases last month as I had been hoping for something from Doctor Who. I have not decided if I'm getting this yet and that decision has nothing to do with what I said above, I'm just not sure I need a mood rock.

Re: TOS Phaset 1 Series 1 Wand Company / SDCC / Think Geek

Just a heads up that the first mass-produced Star Trek TOS type 1 phaser from the first half of season 1 is up for pre-order.
It is the remote control for a mood light

https://www.thewandcompany.com/rock-mood-light/

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ksts/?srp=2

Jim

View attachment 832955

We had a thread started on this and it’s not just available for preorder but for sale. There have already been deliveries and reviews from people that have received theirs.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=292784

Re: TOS Phaset 1 Series 1 Wand Company / SDCC / Think Geek

I love this thing but I talked to their customer service and to ask if the sight raises up like the Wand Phaser remote controls P1 and she said it does not because they wanted to keep the cost down.

I love this thing but I talked to their customer service and to ask if the sight raises up like the Wand Phaser remote controls P1 and she said it does not because they wanted to keep the cost down.

For those of us who want to just snap it into the S1 AA Phaser body and hang on a suede belt at cons, this is perfect. I think it’s cool someone actually did it right instead of just repainting the one from a later version. Would have been cool if it had moved, but I’m sure someone out there can mod it with parts from an AA.

Sent from my Starfleet-issue communicator

Does anyone have any information on the midgrade version of this P1? Maybe since the sight does not raise it can be converted to a midgrade.

I may be mistaken, but I don't believe the midgrades were made until partway through the first season, when the B&W heroes were rebuilt into the later version. Before then it was only hero phasers and vacuform "crapazoid" stunt props -- so there was no "midgrade" B&W.

I was so certain that no matter what this company released next from Star Trek I would buy one. And then I saw this... :facepalm

Agreed. I wouldn’t mind the phaser by itself, but this just item isn’t going on my shelf. Until perhaps it goes on massive clearance, and even then I’ll just keep the phaser.

Bring on the tricorder.

Well again, the sight doesn't raise. Also I don't believe there will be a tricorder. They said it has to have a functional use and they can't think of anything for it. Lastly, does anyone plan on modifying this P1 to make the sight raise up? I'm wondering if that can be done because the thing is beautiful besides that.

Well again, the sight doesn't raise. Also I don't believe there will be a tricorder. They said it has to have a functional use and they can't think of anything for it. Lastly, does anyone plan on modifying this P1 to make the sight raise up? I'm wondering if that can be done because the thing is beautiful besides that.

I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts they have the AA molds and modified one. I bet it can be done. As soon as mine arrives I’ll see if we can.

Oh, C'mon, :rolleyes If this thing had been released about 10 years ago half the people bemoaning it now would have exploded with excitement! It's 70.00 worth of fun without a doubt...the problem these days is we're all so jaded that it's practically impossible to move the cool factor needle.

I give them credit for taking a swing at this one. I'll be picking one up and look forward to my wife rolling her eyes at me as I enthusiastically shoot my fake rock just after she asks if the house feels drafty.

-Rylo

I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts they have the AA molds and modified one. I bet it can be done. As soon as mine arrives I’ll see if we can.

There is no connection between this phaser and the AA phaser, nor any connection between TWC and DST. They're completely different. While the AA phaser is not bad overall, the mood rock phaser is based on TWC's phaser remote P1, which itself was a new design based on scans and measurements taken from a surviving original hero phaser.

All about baby steps Bro!

At least your not chasing the dog around the house with a BTPOTA stunt rifle calling him a damn dirty ape!

I give them credit for taking a swing at this one. I'll be picking one up and look forward to my wife rolling her eyes at me as I enthusiastically shoot my fake rock just after she asks if the house feels drafty.

-Rylo

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back