WIP Iron Man Mark 46 (Civil War suit) Model

2.jpg
yeah iron man side~

Update on the lighting. I cut slits and inserted clear acrylic sheet (sideways). They are half way inserted because I'm not yet finished with painting.
8a1a53bfab7bb4452ed2d39d30635cc6.jpg

markseven, That paint job is phenomenal! What color did you use? airbrush or rattle can?
Custom paint rattle can. Check out YouTube tutorials for candy red paint. It's more of a method than which paint. If you haven't tried candy coating, test it on a scrap piece first (size of a page of paper) or else you will spend a lot of money because there's little space for error

Custom paint rattle can. Check out YouTube tutorials for candy red paint. It's more of a method than which paint. If you haven't tried candy coating, test it on a scrap piece first (size of a page of paper) or else you will spend a lot of money because there's little space for error

Ive done a little work with candy on captain america shields. Looks great! Is that what you plan on using for the Gold?

Ive done a little work with candy on captain america shields. Looks great! Is that what you plan on using for the Gold?
That's the one I used for the red. For the gold I'll use aluminum gray on the Silver and gold parts. Then spray gold on top so that it's not too gold

The concept art variant (Hot Toys variant) of the chest has been modeled and I got it unfolded with the help of Gaiatron.
Neck files will be completed shortly.

View attachment 601861View attachment 601862

Here is a render of the movie version and the concept art version side by side.
(The neck and boot model you currently see in this are just placeholders)
View attachment 601863
Will you by any chance change your mind and sell it for free or reduce the price?

Hi Guys,
Im back on my iron man sintra builds. As already announced im starting on a 1/2 Scaled statue of the Mark 46.
I will probably make some limited edition copies of it, if people interested. But that will take a while before there will be a project run on this baby.

Heres the first step. A cute little Bucket. LOL :$
IMG_6768.JPG

JayCVenlo nice to hear you're back! I'm a big fan of your work. Pity you're not going to build your own suit but 1/2 statue is cool as well. Are you using 1mm for that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. its good to be back.
No i might be doing some 1:1 scale in the future, but i thought about doing something new and also interesting maybe for RPF members to get their hands ons (exclusivly)
Yes i am using 1mm..:wacko

@JayCVenlo nice to hear you're back! I'm a big fan of your work. Pity you're not going to build your own suit but 1/2 statue is cool as well. Are you using 1mm for that?

Hi Guys,
Im back on my iron man sintra builds. As already announced im starting on a 1/2 Scaled statue of the Mark 46.
I will probably make some limited edition copies of it, if people interested. But that will take a while before there will be a project run on this baby.

Heres the first step. A cute little Bucket. LOL :$
View attachment 622392
Sweet lovit gonna follow this

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back