CLONE WARS weekly discussion thread

That might be cool if he can tell us what she was up to in between shows. I think it's funny because when I took my nephew to see the CW movie years ago, I couldn't stand Ahsoka. I said to myself "This is the next Jar Jar!". I was pleasantly surprised.

I finally got to watch the Lost Episodes. I loved the first episode of the Yoda arc where Qui Gon talks to Yoda while he's meditating. You get to see some of Yoda's mischievous side when he gets Anakin to run interference for him. Though why the Jedi Council thought Temple guards could stop Yoda if Yoda wanted to leave, if beyond me. It got me thinking though about the whole Jedi ghost "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" thing. I'm not sure how much of this Lucas had planned out and what he decided to expand on. Anyway in the episode it's obviously before they know about Luke or Leia, but it seems like in this they are envisioning the retaining yourself in the Force thing as a last ditch weapon. What I mean is that they will still be able to teach new Jedi from inside the Force. Did anyone else take it that way?

I finally got to watch the Lost Episodes. I loved the first episode of the Yoda arc where Qui Gon talks to Yoda while he's meditating. You get to see some of Yoda's mischievous side when he gets Anakin to run interference for him. Though why the Jedi Council thought Temple guards could stop Yoda if Yoda wanted to leave, if beyond me. It got me thinking though about the whole Jedi ghost "I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine" thing. I'm not sure how much of this Lucas had planned out and what he decided to expand on. Anyway in the episode it's obviously before they know about Luke or Leia, but it seems like in this they are envisioning the retaining yourself in the Force thing as a last ditch weapon. What I mean is that they will still be able to teach new Jedi from inside the Force. Did anyone else take it that way?
I watched that series recently too. Really good stuff. I loved that moment at the end when Yoda realized they lost the war the moment it started.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks like this rearing it's head again. Currently scheduled to be removed from netflix June 7.

Is this Disney in another #$%ing contest for rights money? Kinda like screwing over amazon customer for 3 months earlier this year?

Looks like this rearing it's head again. Currently scheduled to be removed from netflix June 7.

Is this Disney in another #$%ing contest for rights money? Kinda like screwing over amazon customer for 3 months earlier this year?
It was my understanding that Netflix owned the clone wars

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No Disney and Netflix have a long term distribution deal already in place. But keep in mind CW was a Warner Brothers distribution product as I recal.

FWIW, i've watch 2.5 seasons now - all on NF and haven't seen any branding whatsoever other than LFL.

This is what they did in march, too, then March 7 came and went and nothing happened. It'd be pretty crappy to yank it now as there's no way i'm watching 3.5 seasons in 8 days :)

It disney wants to stick on XD - then make the damned app available on Android TV. I don't wanna watch on a damn tablet.

SWCC 2019: 9 Things We Learned from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Panel | StarWars.com

SWCC 2019: 9 Things We Learned from the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Panel
Ahsoka to battle Maul in an “epic” duel, and much more.
swcc-the-clone-wars-panel-tall-A.jpg

// APRIL 14, 2019

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the beloved animated series, is not only saved — it’s alive and well. In a panel today at Star Wars Celebration Chicago, Dave Filoni, supervising director on the series, actors Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano), Dee Bradley Baker (Rex and all the clone troopers), Sam Witwer (Darth Maul), and more of the cast discussed the return of the show — and offered a glimpse of what’s to come when it debuts on Disney+. Here are 9 things we learned, along with many of the images shown, including concept sketches from the original production of the show, new character designs, and stills from upcoming episodes.

clone-wars-swcc-ahsoka-maul-sketch-1024x576.jpg

1. Ahsoka and Darth Maul will have an “epic” lightsaber duel — and the Sith Lord actor himself, Ray Park, helped bring it to life. As much as the Obi-Wan versus Maul fight in Star Wars Rebels was brief, Dave Filoni was determined to make Ahsoka’s battle with the Sith Lord a big one. “This one had to be among the best [duels], if not the best, we ever did,” Filoni said. To achieve this, he went to someone who’s actually been in a lightsaber duel. Filoni called Park, and the actor, who played Maul in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and Solo, performed motion-capture for the sequence. “When you see Maul fighting, it’s going to really be Maul fighting,” Filoni said.

clone-wars-swcc-sister1-1024x576.jpg

clone-wars-swcc-sister2-1024x576.jpg

2. Ahsoka is going to the infamous level 1313 of Coruscant, where she’ll encounter two new characters: sisters Trace and Rafa Martez. They’ve lived a very different life than Ahsoka, and hold a different perspective on the Clone Wars. Fans received a first look at the sisters in character turnarounds, which you can see above. “These stories have surpassed all of my expectations,” Ashley Eckstein said.

clone-wars-swcc-ahsoka-jumpsuit2-1024x576.jpg

clone-wars-swcc-ahsoka-jumpsuit-1024x576.jpg

A thrilling clip was shown — with Ahsoka sporting her newly designed jumpsuit, meant to echo her Star Wars Rebels outfit — in which her speeder bike malfunctions, sending the former Padawan plummeting into the depths of Coruscant, eventually stopping at level 1313.

3. The journey of Ahsoka continues. When we last saw Ahsoka in The Clone Wars, she had left the Jedi Order for an unknown path. “How does she react to everyday life?” Filoni said of the challenge facing her now. Indeed, in The Clone Wars, Ahsoka is a teenager — and not yet the wise, mature leader we see in Star Wars Rebels. “For me, it’s about her [moving] toward the person you see in Rebels.”

clone-wars-swcc-rex-1024x576.jpg

clone-wars-swcc-character-1024x576.jpg

4. Completing “The Siege of Mandalore” was special for Filoni. Many of the story elements stem from ideas hatched by Filoni and George Lucas. “It’s been very important for me to keep the DNA of what we were doing alive in this whole thing, that it feels authentic to Clone Wars.” Filoni noted that the arc was a challenge, as the scale is massive, but he’s happy with what they’ve achieved. “It’s something fulfilled that I never got to do, and I feel really good about this one in particular.”

clone-wars-swcc-maul-1024x576.jpg

5. Maul is getting a makeover. The villain’s new look takes some visual cues from his appearance in Solo.

6. Sam Witwer, voice of Maul, is especially excited about “The Siege of Mandalore.” “It’s my favorite stuff that we’ve ever done as the character, and Dave wrote it personally,” he said. The actor was truly shocked upon reading the script, and offered some hints. Witwer said that Maul is stuck in a cycle — obsessed with vengeance and always trying the same thing. “What I found most interesting about this arc is that, for a second, he tries to think his way out of it. He tries something different that he’s never tried before, or since, and we see how that goes.”

clone-wars-swcc-bad-batch-1024x576.jpg

7. The Bad Batch take on a lot of battle droids, and it’s something to behold. In another clip shown to fans, this squad of unique clones run head-first into battle, each using their own special skills — and easily dispatching an impossible number of clankers. “I have such fondness for this A-Team clone gang,” said Dee Bradley Baker.

In a separate clip made from pre-viz animation, Anakin takes Ahsoka to go meet Rex and his outfit of clones. They’ve all painted their helmets in tribute to Ahsoka, in a scene that was emotional for both the character and the talent behind her. “I never, ever thought that we’d be here, watching this scene,” Eckstein said.

8. The influence of George Lucas is still felt. Filoni mentioned Lucas throughout the panel, crediting him as a great mentor and giving him the ultimate credit for why The Clone Wars resonates. “In reality, the reason why it works is that I was taught by the master,” he said. “That you guys like any of this at all, it just shows you how George really knew what he was doing, and laid a foundation that was so alive.”

clone-wars-swcc-ahsoka-1024x576.jpg

9. A hint of things to come. The panel ended with a full trailer, featuring tantalizing glimpses of the return of The Clone Wars. We see Ahsoka reclaim her lightsabers (and use them to great effect), some Mace Windu and clone action, Trace and Rafa, and just a sliver of that Ahsoka/Maul clash. Get ready, Clone Wars fans.

Visit StarWars.com’s Star Wars Celebration Chicago hub for all the latest Celebration news.

Dan Brooks is Lucasfilm’s senior content strategist of online, the editor of StarWars.com, and a writer. He loves Star Wars, ELO, and the New York Rangers, Jets, and Yankees. Follow him on Twitter @dan_brooks where he rants about all these things.

Site tags: #StarWarsCelebrationChicago2019, #SWCCPanel

TAGS: Disney+, Star Wars Celebration Chicago (2019), Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back