Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

I've had too many things vanish in UK Parcelforce's custody to be that confident in advance so.I'm being hyper-careful and went with the deposit option.

Wow, that’s unlucky. I’ve been using Parcelforce on a weekly basis for about ten years now and have never had a single issue. I find them to be the most reliable way to send stuff in the UK and I sell glass art for a living.

I want to make sure that you know that I'm not being snarky here (the Internet can be misleading LOL): How would making a less-expensive version be different from car companies with regular and luxury lines? I can't afford a Lexus, but I can buy a Camry. :) I don't think it would necessarily undercut them to make a more-affordable version.

So I think in your analogy the camry would be the resin versions, right down to the squirtgun versions, that have been available by different manufacturers. Also in the past you've been able to save a few of hundred bucks by buying the kit version (not sure if that is coming back)

Get the kit available through Propsummit now and make your own finish.

The first one had a beautiful finish but the wrong color grips.

Then a bunch of others with flat or what not finishes. None accurate IMO.

Then just before this current "2049" version (that seems to be the exact, and widely considered worst version from two versions ago) there was the best one which was basically an as first built with a beautiful blue polished top. It was the only one nicer than the first one but with a few improvements and of course the correct color grips. Then they went back to the previous horrible version with the 2049 version. I'm sorry, they are all awesome I am just stating my opinion of finishes.

Since the one just before the 2049 is, in my opinion the only accurate one for an As First Built Version that would be acceptable, and none others are even close to the film prop, buy the kit and make it your own. Much cheaper and a better way to go.

Just my opinion of course.

Be careful on Ebay. Lots of later models have the wrong color "Rootbeer" grips form the first one because guys with the first model bought later models and switched the grips.

Just my opinion.

That’s really great advice, thanks for taking the time to share that. I’ll take a look at that kit.

Its always great when there are people out there prepared to share info and advice, it’s good for the community, good for everyone. Done a bit of that myself over the years!

Thanks again

Jez

i agree,i like the new look.i like the looked after look.don't get me wrong,i really like the weathered look too.
Well ...
How nice to hear that my $1000 investment is 'horrible'.
Very tactful.

My opinion:
The 2049 finish is EXACTLY accurate to the blaster used in the 2049 film because the prop was a 2049 Tomenosuke.
I prefer the all black 'new from the maker' look of the 'weapon' because that's how I prefer the prop to look. QED it's not 'horrible' to me (thankfully). My grips are horrible for a few more weeks but that's another story.

Lensman1 said:
My opinion:
The 2049 finish is EXACTLY accurate to the blaster used in the 2049 film because the prop was a 2049 Tomenosuke.

I am not sure they actually used a Tomen in the film. As far as I know it was made by Doug Harlocker who also made the Officer K’s Blaster. They might have used a Tomenosuke for reference, only my 5 Cents.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am not sure they actually used a Tomen in the film. As far as I know it was made by Doug Harlocker who also made the Officer K’s Blaster. They might have used a Tomenosuke for reference, only my 5 cents.

Read this please:

https://tenshu53.exblog.jp/237784788/#237784788_1

There's a reason why Tomenosuke suddenly got full official 2049 rights.

Can anyone with complete knowledge of this issue offer a current summary just in case the story changed?

Last edited:
Read this please:

https://tenshu53.exblog.jp/237784788/#237784788_1

There's a reason why Tomenosuke suddenly got full official 2049 rights.

Can anyone with complete knowledge of this issue offer a current summary just in case the story changed?

Yea, that’s what I also read. I could be wrong with my comment above, but I am sure I read that somewhere, again can be one of those „stories“

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

I agree with both of you, I think they used tomens and even casts of tomens for stunt blasters, they seem to have built a live fire version though.
Also, they might have used the tomens but it doesn't mean they kept that mate black finish, as far as I'm concerned that mate finish is not accurate to any film.
don't get me wrong, the Tomen is my favorite replica, but I also went for the kit and highly recommend that :)

That’s really great advice, thanks for taking the time to share that. I’ll take a look at that kit.

Its always great when there are people out there prepared to share info and advice, it’s good for the community, good for everyone. Done a bit of that myself over the years!

Thanks again

Jez

I didn't know that there was a kit available on PropSummit. Thank you!

Well ...
How nice to hear that my $1000 investment is 'horrible'.
Very tactful.

My opinion:
I prefer the all black 'new from the maker' look of the 'weapon' because that's how I prefer the prop to look. QED it's not 'horrible' to me (thankfully). My grips are horrible for a few more weeks but that's another story.

Yeah this is why I was reluctant to say anything. Not only did I say it was my opinion, I also even stated I was talking about the finish and again in my opinion. I used to enjoy posting on these types of boards but now it's impossible without someone getting upset so I don't do it much anymore..

Have a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again

Jez

You are most welcome. I have spent many an hour studying starwarshelmets.com. Amazing site. Thank you for continuing to maintain it.

Yeah this is why I was reluctant to say anything. Not only did I say it was my opinion, I also even stated I was talking about the finish and again in my opinion. I used to enjoy posting on these types of boards but now it's impossible without someone getting upset so I don't do it much anymore..

Have a good one.

"Not to my taste." .... tactful.

"Horrible.' ... not tactful.

Have a better one.

My replacement grips came in today. I don’t want to elaborate on them too much mainly because I don’t want to ruin anyone’s anticipation:)

I also really didn’t have the time to analyze every detail. Tonight I’ll make my choice, sleep on it, and then decide if I’d like to keep or return the replacements.

really:confused
My replacement grips came in today. I don’t want to elaborate on them too much mainly because I don’t want to ruin anyone’s anticipation:)

I also really didn’t have the time to analyze every detail. Tonight I’ll make my choice, sleep on it, and then decide if I’d like to keep or return the replacements.

Not saying that in any sort of bad way. Just letting everyone judge for themselves.

Don't they fit?
What's your concern?

The ambiguity of your statement about the new grips is not helpful.

EDIT: OK, many hours later, can ANYONE offer a review of the replacement grips?
Mechanized2400 is seemingly unwilling to comment further which seems a bit odd.

EDIT #2:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back