STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I'm glad Thrawn did NOT die because I want him to go back to his own area and have adventures with his old shipmate!

Halliwax - I don't think Ezra and the EMp have any connection wherever he went.

I doubt Jacen was at the academy he would have been in his 20s.

Hoping next undertaking is a Sabine?Ahsoka show. Definitely seems to be Sabine because the VA stated Dave Filoni has trusted her with some details.

I really hope to see a Ahoska Sabine adventure!

I keep forgetting to ask this but

Was the temple ruins Ezra and holo paps were at, in thrawn a star destroyer?!

My mind escapes me as to where the ruins were

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To continue on with the speculation of a future animated series. If the next series deals with Thrawn's return, would such a return be the reason for a resistance? The reason I wonder is because as you may know, LFL just trademarked Star Wars: Resistance.

As I did a look around the internet, I am not alone in this thought. For example: https://nerdist.com/star-wars-rebels-finale-star-wars-future/

From what I’ve read on Twitter it seems this trademark isn’t going to be an tv copyright, so I’m skeptical it’s the next animated series. Also I don’t think LF is super keen to continue these threads from Rebels in a new show. Rebels wasn’t a big ratings winner. It did fine but I think they will look too a new series that can really deliver eyeballs especially if they launch it on their new streaming service.

Not a chance for my dear Rebels.

The Resistance as in Poe, Finn, and Rey’s resistance, but without them. Disney wants to move SW forward, so my guess is a new cell of Resistance fighters, just as Rebels was a separate cell from the OT. If any of Thrawn, Ahsoka or Ezra come back at all it will be into the Resistance and the First Order, but I doubt it.

It mainly will be all new characters. That’s my bet. And if they are Filoni’s creation. I’m all in.

I too think the next series will be a whole new cast, with ezra Ahoska and thrawn making a appearance.

I didn't quite buy an AT-AT being able to support the Ghost. With nary a strain, yet.

(just in nitpick mode, it was a nice finale)

You know one thing I never really bought in rebels? Hondo.

He was one of my favorite characters on the clone wars but seeing him on rebels kinda bums me out.

He went from being a badass crime lord to being a homeless whacky sitcom character.

He was always whacky. But never a good guy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I thought I read somewhere the new animated show is in a post RotJ time period. That would allow for some Ahsoka/Sabine cross over.

I thought I read somewhere the new animated show is in a post RotJ time period. That would allow for some Ahsoka/Sabine cross over.

ive been all over this, i havent heard anything confirmed yet about the future of the animated shows.

ive been all over this, i havent heard anything confirmed yet about the future of the animated shows.

Yuuuuuuuup ;)

So why promote him to overseeing all Star Wars animation if there is not going be additional series? I don't think Destinies is enough to keep him busy. They still promise that Detours is going to happen but I think that sort of title promises multi series projects going on at one time rather than him just jumping on one to the next.

Additionally he keeps hinting that there is more to Ahsoka's story. You know he's going to be the one who tells it.

I just watched the finale. I was completely and utterly disappointed.

Because it showed me that there are people employed at LFL and Disney that get it. This looked, felt and sounded like Star wars and it was epic. How can they produce something so good for a kids cartoon and phone in utter tripe and call it a high budget blockbuster?

This whole sequence was astounding, everything was on point.
rebels.jpg

Random comment: I loved this series as a whole, but one thing that bothered me - and thankfully was but a tiny fraction of the series - was Vader. Not his character but the way he was animated. He looked like me in high school; tall, super skinny with a too-long face. Vader is tall yes, but he's also HWP. Rebels Vader was very much not.

On the subject of the next series: I hope to the maker that they put those lightsaber blades back to how their supposed to look, to the way they are in The Clone Wars and not these needle-thin monstrosities.

I just watched the finale. I was completely and utterly disappointed.

Because it showed me that there are people employed at LFL and Disney that get it. This looked, felt and sounded like Star wars and it was epic. How can they produce something so good for a kids cartoon and phone in utter tripe and call it a high budget blockbuster?

This whole sequence was astounding, everything was on point.
View attachment 800948

I completely agree. Dave Filoni is the last traces of Geoprge Lucas at Lucasfilm

YES YES YES!!!!!!

You forgot YES!

The whole of Rebels has been a little rushed with some outstanding moments, When it's good, it's this good :)

I'm hoping to see some of these guys again, the Sabine roundup was good and there's a whole era there ripe for adventure...

I think we could see them pick up the Jacen Sendula storyline and explore that. It would afford an opportunity to revisit the Rebels characters but not focus on them alone. Ashoka is really the money character coming out of all of this. She is hugely popular, far more then Sabine or Ezra. I have zero doubt she will be part of Dave's plans going forward. Again, Disney is launching a streaming service so they want CONTENT.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back