eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

shouldnt the helmet be more like the green line?

the front is extremly rectangularly.

Yes, probably...

RS_screencap_compare.jpg

Dan

Lucky you! Both mine have great big gaps- even more annoying to know that they could all have been put together well if more care had been taken!
(Apologies for thread drift!).

Sorry to hear that. My first one also had issues (more had issues back then), then I returned it, got another that is perfect.

Good to see some nicely put together RS scouts,
it's understandable that there are variances but I want mine to be perfect so I'm doing it myself.

Thats the reason why I only buy kits if possible.;)
The finished RS helmets are nice..but I the originals are more glossy and not this matt.I think RS used the matt look,because its easyer to add weathering on a matt surface.

Have to disagree here, based on what I'm seeing. This is a combination the lighting of the RS helmet coupled w/ that the front-facing return edge along the top part of the visor wasn't trimmed quite right, comparing it to the screen used in the reference. The RS return edge was cut more straight, instead of cut to follow the curve, which also made parts of the return edge too "thick" by comparison

RS Scout visor .jpg

Have to disagree here, based on what I'm seeing. This is a combination the lighting of the RS helmet coupled w/ that the front-facing return edge along the top part of the visor wasn't trimmed quite right, comparing it to the screen used in the reference. The RS return edge was cut more straight, instead of cut to follow the curve, which also made parts of the return edge too "thick" by comparison

Oh, agreed for sure on the trim line on the brow - they left that thicker than the sides. When I built my own for my Saw Gerrera Partisan build I trimmed the brow line to the same thickness as the sides (and mine has a bit more of that angle in that saifai points to).

Dan

I think we should start a separate thread to nail the trimming of the rs kit.
The pencil lines are variable and sometimes wrong, and we can free this stinky thread up.
We can post diferent screen used pics and screen grabs to decide how to get one look or another?

IMG_5246.JPGHere you go guys - I've found another pic from a retailer overseas that received their allotment today. Unfortunately it's another badly taken pic - not trying to be too critical, but all the pics thus far have been taken far too close to the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea you're right - there does seem to be something wrong with the EFX helmet. Depending on how bad the problem is - and how customers/collectors react - issues like this have the potential to ruin a company. I still find it very odd that the plaques don't say EFX on them.

I still kick myself for selling a beautifully finished Bobamaker and MR Fett helmet, when they announced their screen based Fett bucket!

That’s not going to happen!

I'm def going to start a seperate thread going over the "natural" variations of screen produced scouts, hopefully others will chime in that have trimmed their own lids for guidance.
don't want to keep pointing out shortcomings of the EFX scout despite the other probs EFX has.

I have two EFX pieces (epII clone and modded pcr Vader) and am very, very happy with them both.

I love the Biker scout lid but this thread is depressing me :)

I was also always happy with my EFX products..had their hero fiberglass Stormtrooper and have the PCR Vaderhelmet.But this scout looks so wrong that I must pass.

I canceled mine today.Thanks god it was not a direct preorder on the EFX website.:)

I'll wait to receive my EFX Scout and then decide. I can also easily sell it later on. Collecting world is full of suckers for licensed limited edition stuff, who don't care for accuracy, thus even if a licensed company would release a "space rock" with a license logo on it and a numbered plaque, there will be so many buying that thing, just because it is licensed.

I still kick myself for selling a beautifully finished Bobamaker and MR Fett helmet, when they announced their screen based Fett bucket!

That’s not going to happen!

Oooo, yeah, I almost sold my MR Boba helmet when the eFX announced their Boba. I even had a buyer ready with cash. But then, at the last minute, I decided I would wait till I had the eFX in hand. So glad I did. I mean, even though the MR has the pinched visor & what not... at least I have it. & a MR in the hand is worth 2 in the eFX.

I really don't get all the negativity towards people who collect licensed products. Different people collect different things. Different people want different things. There is nothing wrong with that.

If they claim an inaccurate product is accurate, there is something wrong with that, but wanting the licensed product may not be wrong if they collect a certain product line or certain theme.

It is ironic that so many belittle people wanting licensed products for the stands and plaques then praise RS Props. Certain RS Props products come with a stand, plaque, and COA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. What's with all the negativity directed toward fellow prop collectors? (i.e. "suckers") Understand there's a lot of negativity built up toward EFX for how they've handled this situation but let's not turn on each other. For my part:

1.) I paid $699 for the LE
2.) Received the complimentary Vader PCR
3.) Sold the complimentary Vader PCR
4.) Makes my cost for the eFX Scout lid $349
5.) Cue my eternal happiness :cool

I really don't get all the negativity towards people who collect licensed products. Different people collect different things. Different people want different things. There is nothing wrong with that.

If they claim an inaccurate product is accurate, there is something wrong with that, but wanting the licensed product may not be wrong if they collect a certain product line or certain theme.

It is ironic that so many belittle people wanting licensed products for the stands and plaques then praise RS Props. Certain RS Props products come with a stand, plaque, and COA.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

You kinda miss the point. The most important part on a RS Prop Masters prop/helmet is not the plaque, display case, COA or stand.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree 100%. What's with all the negativity directed toward fellow prop collectors? (i.e. "suckers") Understand there's a lot of negativity built up toward EFX for how they've handled this situation but let's not turn on each other. For my part:

1.) I paid $699 for the LE
2.) Received the complimentary Vader PCR
3.) Sold the complimentary Vader PCR
4.) Makes my cost for the eFX Scout lid $349
5.) Cue my eternal happiness :cool

Congratulations. I'm happy for you. What about all the other fans who prepaid their Scouts on international distributors (and paid more than $699) and didn't get anything? Or for those who paid at EFX and got nothing either. I bet they are very happy as well. ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back