Blade Runner 2049 (Post-release)

so really. Why did he go to Vegas?

K took the wooden horse/unicorn to find out anything about its origin, under analysis it was shown to contain a specific kind of radiation that could only have come from a dirty bomb, the only place with that radiation was Vegas, thus he went there. And the drink comp`s

Deckard had obviously been there for a very long time, totally discounting that first stupid ending with him and Rachel driving off into the lush forest.

You can see that Deckard has a lot of carvings at his Vegas place and the horse/unicorn was once one of them.

Thats my take on it anyway.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, the guy who wanted to trade him a real horse for it told him about the radiation. Got it!

- - - Updated - - -

So apparently he has a LAPD tracer in him he doesn't know about....

You were still online when I posted it but whatever.

Thats one movie that will never be seen.

Look forward to seeing your pics, Horse or figures?

Um..
I have only just seen your post of the tumbleweed because (if you look at my post count and when I joined) you will see I mostly only come on here when I have something to post progress/build wise.

No I don't answer all the alerts because, well it turns out I'm as socially retarded on line as I am in real life. I'm just not on here a lot.

Anyway..

webbrhs410.jpg

Mine is on the chunkier one, still it's pretty close :)

webbrhrs820.jpg

Older pic to refresh

webrhs409.jpg

I'm pleased but will probably carve another to get it right.

It actually looks much closer to the proper size as well, Im sure the NECA is smaller than the original. I`d be interested if you did a small run of them.

It actually looks much closer to the proper size as well, Im sure the NECA is smaller than the original. I`d be interested if you did a small run of them.

Height on mine is only a few mm taller but it's much chunkier around the neck and body.

Sorry to say a run would be prohibitive for me as i'm just not fast enough. each one would take me about 5 hours and that's time I don't have spare.
I would have to charge about £100 per horsie/unicorn.

I bet a decent woodcarver who is better/faster and using basewood instead of oak could do it a lot cheaper.
Maybe look on etsy or similar :)

One scene thats been bugging the hell out of me is where Wallace is bitching about not being able to make enough skin-jobs then kills one as he is doing so? :wacko

If wood is such a precious commodity that a small toy is worth a small fortune then the giant (dead) tree just outside of Sapper Morton's home is priceless, right? Why couldn't Morton just sell off a few branches and live like a king?

If wood is such a precious commodity that a small toy is worth a small fortune then the giant (dead) tree just outside of Sapper Morton's home is priceless, right? Why couldn't Morton just sell off a few branches and live like a king?

Deleted. Wasted effort.

Last edited:
I think you can put that down to Sappers life of sacrifice. He was a medic and his cause to the protection of the child was his overwhelming drive. "Im just a simple farmer"

It also highlights the ridiculous Studio ending version. Why not just drive out to that forest Deckard and Rachel drove through and live like a million kings.
That forest was there 30 years prior but a major global ecological disaster wiped it all out.

That's why they're eating bug proteins and algae thanks to Mr. Wallace.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That forest was there 30 years prior but a major global ecological disaster wiped it all out.

That's why they're eating bug proteins and algae thanks to Mr. Wallace.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In the Directors Cut and Final Cut of Blade Runner, there is no forest at all though, that was my point.

K took the wooden horse/unicorn to find out anything about its origin, under analysis it was shown to contain a specific kind of radiation that could only have come from a dirty bomb, the only place with that radiation was Vegas

Oh yeah, the guy who wanted to trade him a real horse for it told him about the radiation. Got it!
It just occurred to me: the horse never would have BEEN in Vegas. He carved it for his child before he went off.

It just occurred to me: the horse never would have BEEN in Vegas. He carved it for his child before he went off.

Your leaving out this part of the same quote you just quoted above..................

You can see that Deckard has a lot of carvings at his Vegas place and the horse/unicorn was once one of them.

Thats my take on it anyway.

If that is wrong, perhaps someone else is better qualified to answer your questions moving forward

Maybe he has been in Vegas longer that you think.

ADDITION....Unless replicant gestation periods are shorter than nine months, thats plenty of time for that scenario to take place alongside other events plainly listed out in both films.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back