Walking Dead Rick Jacket

I was just about to say the same thing! I didn't think there were other people that cared as much about the details on Rick's jacket as much as I did, I'm glad we're all collectively working on this hopefully we'll get a good result

Yeah I currently have two replicas, one is the first one I got which is not really at all like the original and the other is the Whitesheepleather one, so I'm hoping by talking with Suzahdi we can get all of the customisations right and sorted.

IMG-20161108-WA0000.jpg

I think a lot of the changes should be relatively easy when it comes to cutting material down into the right shape etc or changing materials for the underarm section, I had a reply from Suzahdi to say that they had received the lycra that they'd ordered for the jacket but that it wasn't close to the colour of the leather that they use for the underarm section, so they've said that the next option is to buy white lycra and have it dyed, I'm hoping to speak to them tomorrow and see if they've had any luck with that. I'm also still waiting to see if they manage to find anymore shearling (I've let them know it's toledo and they've said they'll try and find some samples of different shearlings)

I've also asked about ordering zips from IDEAL ("accidental" pointed out that the zips were made by IDEAL earlier on in the thread) I don't know how to order from IDEAL though, i've checked the website and that doesn't seem to be much help, and I'm in the UK so I don't know if IDEAL is a thing over in the US or what. I think it's mostly YKK zips here but I could be wrong.

I still have a few things to ask once they sort the lycra but again most things should be relatively easy I think. (I also sent them a link to this thread so they can see how picky we all are about the details and hopefully so they can see what we're after)
Collar.jpgNo stitching across bottom.jpgSuede cuff sticks out.jpgSuede curve down back of jacket.jpg

Again some of the details are very small but not too difficult to alter.

Can i ask you guys where you have talked with Suzahdi? Ive tried to talk to them on facebook but i havnt got anything back even though they ready the message a few days ago

Can i ask you guys where you have talked with Suzahdi? Ive tried to talk to them on facebook but i havnt got anything back even though they ready the message a few days ago

Speaking to them on Facebook, you'll probably have an easier time once they've made one of these customised jackets haha, once they know what they're doing in terms of the lycra and shearling being right etc.

Speaking to them on Facebook, you'll probably have an easier time once they've made one of these customized jackets haha, once they know what they're doing in terms of the lycra and shearling being right etc.
Excellent work in your previous post on the comparison images! You also mentioned to Suzahdi about the side cotton-lycra being part of the jacket and not stitched onto the suede? That's a main detail I noticed all the jackets seem to miss but it does seem a little more difficult to make

and if you haven't already please show them this image http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2017/01/20/r6e.jpg detialing the sleeve holes as well

Last edited:
Excellent work in your previous post on the comparison images! You also mentioned to Suzahdi about the side cotton-lycra being part of the jacket and not stitched onto the suede? That's a main detail I noticed all the jackets seem to miss but it does seem a little more difficult to make

and if you haven't already please show them this image http://upload.vstanced.com/images/2017/01/20/r6e.jpg detialing the sleeve holes as well

I haven't mentioned the cotton-lycra section being a part of the jacket, I think that'd probably be more of a tricky one somehow for them to do. Although it doesn't affect the outside look of the jacket as such does it? More so just the inside where you can see the cotton-lycra?

In terms of the sleeve hole problem, I'm not sure if the Suzahdi jacket has the same problem as the WSL one with that, or whether its cut differently anyway.

I have just noticed another easy thing that I will show them to alter:
Suede stitched on top of cotton-lycra.jpg

Yeah I getya, and no you're right the chest isn't altered, i looked at pics and the stitching that runs next to the zip looks unaltered haha. The collar does look like its cut at a slanted edge though on that pic, I guess maybe in a similar enough way to the collar pic you edited earlier:
View attachment 700352

How would you fold the little bit of shearling over and hold it in place then I guess? Unless you make the collar a little wider just next to the zip and somehow got it folded over?

I don't think anyone has ever analysed a jacket in so much detail as much as we have on this thread xD

I guess if you just had it made like that picture we edited, aslong as the zip runs underneath the collar a bit somehow, it would let you fold that edge without the zip stopping you.

With the excess fur you could fold it over the part of the collar that gets folded inwards. I don't know how they managed to keep things in place, but I guess they stitched it tight somewhere? As far as I can see in the pics the zipper teeth run all the way into the collar as it's folded inwards into the top of the collar (without a zipper stop that you normally have at the top of a collar).

Everything all comes down to fit, which affects the whole model and shape/cut of the jacket.

As far as the ribbed fabric on the side panels and underarms is concerned, it's on the outer shell of the jacket and also integrated into the lining of the jacket (including arms) allowing the jacket to stretch out. The original jacket can be completely stretched at these parts, whereas the White Sheep Leather jacket is beginning to tear at the seams on the inside for me (logically). That jacket is too snug and too short for me and the ribbed fabric is merely aesthetic.

Also the jacket has a slimmed down ") (" shape. The Zuhadi jacket doesn't appear to have that.

Ok, here are a few measurements:

The jacket that I have is in size L.

It's 50 cm wide in the shoulders, 60 cm in the armpits/chest, 58 cm at the bottom, but 54 cm in the taille/waist. Smallest width between armholes is 45 cm at the front (46 cm at the horizontal chest seam) and 47 cm at the back (at the horizontal back seam).

But if I measure the suede at the front, it stops at 49 cm wide in the armpit area, then goes inward to 42 cm and then goes outward to 44 cm at the bottom stitches.
At the back the suede runs differently. The front also shows more suede than the back does. It stops at 48 cm wide at the armpit area, then goes inward to only 37 cm (at the curved seam at the back) and then goes outward to only 38 cm at the bottom stitches.

The side panels measure 14,5 cm at the smallest width (at the same height of the curved seam at the back), 17 cm at the bottom stitches and around 17 cm at the height of the armpits. It runs a little bit wider at the top but I'm unable to accurately measure it.

Width of the armhole (measured straight) is 27 cm.

The sleeve length (shoulder to cuff) is comfortably long: 69 cm. Underarm length (armpit to cuff) is 50 cm.

Sleeve width is 21 cm at the armpits and 15 cm at the cuffs.

Also the part of the cuff that sticks out, should only stick out 1,5 cm. At the current Zuhadi jacket the cuffs stick out too much and also the buttons are placed too much outwards consequently (the centre of the buttons are on the same line of the edge of the slit of the sleeve).

Jacket length is 69 cm when measured from the bottom of the collar across the back to the bottom of the hem, 70 cm when measured at the side of the collar to the bottom of the hem. That means that the collar has a curved cut of 1 cm downwards at the back.

Length of the pocket openings at the front is 15 cm.

I hope these measurements help to get you a more proper fit closer to the original. Remember that these measurements are for a size L, so if you need a different size you're dependent on how the jacket gets scaled down.

With the excess fur you could fold it over the part of the collar that gets folded inwards. I don't know how they managed to keep things in place, but I guess they stitched it tight somewhere? As far as I can see in the pics the zipper teeth run all the way into the collar as it's folded inwards into the top of the collar (without a zipper stop that you normally have at the top of a collar).

Everything all comes down to fit, which affects the whole model and shape/cut of the jacket.

As far as the ribbed fabric on the side panels and underarms is concerned, it's on the outer shell of the jacket and also integrated into the lining of the jacket (including arms) allowing the jacket to stretch out. The original jacket can be completely stretched at these parts, whereas the White Sheep Leather jacket is beginning to tear at the seams on the inside for me (logically). That jacket is too snug and too short for me and the ribbed fabric is merely aesthetic.

Also the jacket has a slimmed down ") (" shape. The Zuhadi jacket doesn't appear to have that.

Ok, here are a few measurements:

The jacket that I have is in size L.

It's 50 cm wide in the shoulders, 60 cm in the armpits/chest, 58 cm at the bottom, but 54 cm in the taille/waist. Smallest width between armholes is 45 cm at the front (46 cm at the horizontal chest seam) and 47 cm at the back (at the horizontal back seam).

But if I measure the suede at the front, it stops at 49 cm wide in the armpit area, then goes inward to 42 cm and then goes outward to 44 cm at the bottom stitches.
At the back the suede runs differently. The front also shows more suede than the back does. It stops at 48 cm wide at the armpit area, then goes inward to only 37 cm (at the curved seam at the back) and then goes outward to only 38 cm at the bottom stitches.

The side panels measure 14,5 cm at the smallest width (at the same height of the curved seam at the back), 17 cm at the bottom stitches and around 17 cm at the height of the armpits. It runs a little bit wider at the top but I'm unable to accurately measure it.

Width of the armhole (measured straight) is 27 cm.

The sleeve length (shoulder to cuff) is comfortably long: 69 cm. Underarm length (armpit to cuff) is 50 cm.

Sleeve width is 21 cm at the armpits and 15 cm at the cuffs.

Also the part of the cuff that sticks out, should only stick out 1,5 cm. At the current Zuhadi jacket the cuffs stick out too much and also the buttons are placed too much outwards consequently (the centre of the buttons are on the same line of the edge of the slit of the sleeve).

Jacket length is 69 cm when measured from the bottom of the collar across the back to the bottom of the hem, 70 cm when measured at the side of the collar to the bottom of the hem. That means that the collar has a curved cut of 1 cm downwards at the back.

Length of the pocket openings at the front is 15 cm.

I hope these measurements help to get you a more proper fit closer to the original. Remember that these measurements are for a size L, so if you need a different size you're dependent on how the jacket gets scaled down.

Yeah they probably had to stitch it together weirdly to hold it in place, I guess it depends if you'd ever wear the jacket with the collar upright too, if so it might look weird with the stitching and collar folded over etc.

And in terms of the fit and sizing that may be tricky, I'm hoping that by explaining the shape of the jacket (where the suede should curve and where there should be more lycra in places etc) and then by letting Suzahdi know my sizing across chest, shoulders, waist, arms length, jacket length etc) that the jacket will come out right, I also sorted a pic to explain the cuff part that you mentioned:
Buttons in line with arm line, cuff not as wide.jpg

Along with this which may help, I'm trying to think how to do the collar with the whole running the zip underneath/into the collar and then folding the other part of the collar over but I'm unsure how I'd explain it to Suzahdi and how they'd do it, especially while still leaving the jacket functional with the collar up (which I probably wouldn't wear it like that often but still)
This is always another solution to help make it looks more accurate if not:

Collar cut.fw.pngRick-Grimes.JPG

Our work so far:

View attachment 700998

No pressure Suzahdi XD
That looks awesome, nicely done!

In regards to your other post about the cotton-lycra not affecting the jacket being on the outside, I think having the rib sides be integrated to the jacket rather than on the outside give it a little more flexibility. I pulled out some of the old blu rays and went back to specific episodes with Rick's jacket (I've been analyzing this jacket for years I'm obsessed lmao) and the flexibility really showed in his movement, or even in the first appearance of the jacket (4x11 "Claimed") when he threw it out the window onto the roof it wasn't as stiff.

I mean don't get me wrong it's not an absolute necessity if Suzahdi can't do it, but for authenticity and comfort sake I would strongly be for it if Suzahdi is able to integrate the cotton lycra. Plus I've been wanting a Rick jacket for years and I wanna get every detail down to the stitching accurate (minus the ripped pocket zipper from 5x01 when he used it to splint off a piece of wood as a weapon) If Suzahdi is willing to go all out and take our input for the jacket at such a reasonable price I'd take advantage of it

Also as lame as it sounds I'm really glad I found some people who are as passionate about this jacket as I am, you guys are awesome :')

And in terms of the fit and sizing that may be tricky, I'm hoping that by explaining the shape of the jacket (where the suede should curve and where there should be more lycra in places etc) and then by letting Suzahdi know my sizing across chest, shoulders, waist, arms length, jacket length etc) that the jacket will come out right, I also sorted a pic to explain the cuff part that you mentioned:

It's your choice. You can provide your own measurements, but that might change the whole fit and look of the jacket completely. Especially if the tailor doesn't make use of the fit of the original jacket as a starting point. You could use the measurements as a starting point to replicate the shape and fit of the original jacket and adjust it to your measurements.

Also as lame as it sounds I'm really glad I found some people who are as passionate about this jacket as I am, you guys are awesome :')

I've been there, and still am, even though I own the original. At the time I had to do things myself and the current White Sheep Leather jacket design was the result of that. And still I'm looking for a second jacket. Although I don't think it will be a Suzahdi jacket. I have a dislike for companies that advertise with pictures of products that aren't the actual products.

Last edited:
Quick update, I have just received these pictures from suzahdi of zip samples, shearling and lycra
View attachment 701104View attachment 701105View attachment 701106

Well, considering the poor lighting conditions on the photos the color of the ribbed fabric doesn't look that much off. Shearling also looks close from what can be seen. But to be sure ask for photos both in natural daylight and using a flash.The zippers do look wrong. The fabric is black? Obviously they need to be dark brown.

As for the (waist pocket) zippers maybe this could be sourced by Suzahdi?:
https://aliexpress.com/item/40cm-10...0757.html?isOrigTitle=true&isOrig=true#extend

They also do the zippers in antique brass which is the one you need (I already contacted them some time ago).

As for the main zipper, maybe these are of interest:
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60129850262.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.tLozJu
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60498235297.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.UfiXpM

Perhaps it's also a good idea to see the ribbed fabric next to the suede, both in natural daylight and using a flash, to see how they match (and also to see what color the suede actually is, because it looks quite dark/black).

Well, considering the poor lighting conditions on the photos the color of the ribbed fabric doesn't look that much off. Shearling also looks close from what can be seen. But to be sure ask for photos both in natural daylight and using a flash.The zippers do look wrong. The fabric is black? Obviously they need to be dark brown.

https://aliexpress.com/item/40cm-10...0757.html?isOrigTitle=true&isOrig=true#extend

They also do the zippers in antique brass which is the one you need (I already contacted them some time ago).

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60129850262.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.tLozJu
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60498235297.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.UfiXpM

Perhaps it's also a good idea to see the ribbed fabric next to the suede, both in natural daylight and using a flash, to see how they match (and also to see what color the suede actually is, because it looks quite dark/black).

Good ideas, I will ask about the extra pictures, the shearling looks the closest I've seen compared to any other, but yeah I will ask for more pics in different lighting etc. Those zips also don't look bad at all, haven't had a proper look as I'm at work atm, but im guessing we can get the main zip and pocket zips in the same identical colour?

As for the suede yeah it looks very dark, I've seen it look Brown on one of their pics, but at the same time Rick's jacket also looks black in some scenes due to lighting, I will ask for more pics again comparing suede to lycra.

Also in relation to the zips, do you mean you contacted aliexpress and that they do the antique brass? If so do they do the antique brass for both the main zipper and for the waist pocket zippers that you linked?

Good ideas, I will ask about the extra pictures, the shearling looks the closest I've seen compared to any other, but yeah I will ask for more pics in different lighting etc. Those zips also don't look bad at all, haven't had a proper look as I'm at work atm, but im guessing we can get the main zip and pocket zips in the same identical colour?

As for the suede yeah it looks very dark, I've seen it look Brown on one of their pics, but at the same time Rick's jacket also looks black in some scenes due to lighting, I will ask for more pics again comparing suede to lycra.
If you're going to inquire about the coloring, show them these pictures for a good reference of the suede and cotton-lycra shades of brown

attachment.php

attachment.php

I did some looking on Ideal zippers' website and I think I may have found the correct zipper, go to this link http://www.idealfastener.com/zippers/search/page:1 and hit control F and enter this sequence: M86A65 and this zipper should pop up
826.jpg

Compared to the zipper on the actual Ugg jacket this seems to be spot on minus the antique brass
attachment.jpg

826.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I did some looking on Ideal zippers' website and I think I may have found the correct zipper, go to this link http://www.idealfastener.com/zippers/search/page:1 and hit control F and enter this sequence: M86A65 and this zipper should pop up
View attachment 701174

Compared to the zipper on the actual Ugg jacket this seems to be spot on minus the antique brass
http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=699771&d=1484872033

Nice find on the zip, I also found a few others very similar from IDEAL.They're different sizes, and I think the one you initially suggested is the right one anyway.
M56A65.jpgM56DFL.jpgM86A65.jpgM86DFL.jpgZIPS.png

Would just need to check on the sizing as I'm unsure.

I've also sorted this to show Suzahdi when I get chance:
Lining.fw.png

M56A65.jpg

M56DFL.jpg

M86A65.jpg

M86DFL.jpg

ZIPS.png

Lining.fw.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back