Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

It hasn't, not ever. I looked everywhere. OT, PT, ST, EU, Legends. Nowhere. It has never happened before.

If you need to go back and explain major plot points of the movie in a sequel or in another medium... your story is trash. Period.

It's not going to be explained. It's lazy writing they don't care to explain and never will. Go read my full lore breakdown here:
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284901&page=212&p=4493787&viewfull=1#post4493787

But the new Canon is new. There's alot places to fit it in. Or maybe why they don't do it often.

Literally when the ship turns towards them. They aren't saying "Is she going to ram us?" "Will that even work?". Nope, the one dude just says "No!".

Also as people have pointed out. Suicide attacks with vehicles like airplanes and such have been used. But not often. Why? The expense of men, equipment and money. And if something goes wrong, there's your one time use super weapon, is now worthless. Look at Imperial Japan. Their airplanes were some the cheapest and lightest plans to manufacture. But yet they still didn't have enough resources to destroy the American fleet.

But the new Canon is new. There's alot places to fit it in. Or maybe why they don't do it often.

Literally when the ship turns towards them. They aren't saying "Is she going to ram us?" "Will that even work?". Nope, the one dude just says "No!".

Also as people have pointed out. Suicide attacks with vehicles like airplanes and such have been used. But not often. Why? The expense of men, equipment and money. And if something goes wrong, there's your one time use super weapon, is now worthless. Look at Imperial Japan. Their airplanes were some the cheapest and lightest plans to manufacture. But yet they still didn't have enough resources to destroy the American fleet.

Then why not ram the hypergate at Scarif? When the rebel fleet is nearly routed at Endor when they realize the Death Star is active, why not ram it? Those are both desperate situations that would have required such a response. This is rewriting the lore and opening up avenues that will change Star Wars forever and possibly even retcon things in an unprecedented way.

This is like midichlorians all over again.

Last edited:

Then why not ram the hypergate at Scarif? When the rebel fleet is nearly routed at Endor when they realize the Death Star is active, why not ram it? Those are both desperate situations that would have required such a response. This is rewriting the lore and opening up avenues that will change Star Wars forever and possibly even retcon things in an unprecedented way.

This is like midiclorhians all over again.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gravity_well

The Death Star probably had its own natural gravity well, and Endor would have. And the planet Scarif would have had a gravity well. And if your hyperspace jump point isn't in advantageous position. You can't use it. You just make you aren't between a jump point and the enemy. There are only certain places you can make a jump to hyperspace.

The Death Star probably had its own natural gravity well, and Endor would have.

It did in legends, but it was not natural. It was an actual gravity well projector. That's been struck from the official canon now. But that was only the Death Star I to begin with, not the Death Star II.

Speculation. No gravity well projector was ever on confirmed on Scarif. So planets are all going to automatically have a gravity well projectors now?

There are only certain places you can make a jump to hyperspace.

Exactly. Which makes the scene even less credible and have no sense. Otherwise... what would stop ships from accidentally jumping into other ships all over the place? Think like a collision alarm/system on aircraft.

If you assert the natural gravity well theory, how do ships jump to locations near planets at all?

Furthermore, while doing heavy research into this exact topic, I found this image.
accidentalhyperspaceram.png

Last edited:

It did in legends, but it was not natural. It was an actual gravity well projector. That's been struck from the official canon now. But that was only the Death Star I to begin with, not the Death Star II.

Speculation. No gravity well projector was ever on confirmed on Scarif. So planets are all going to automatically have a gravity well projectors now?

Exactly. Which makes the scene even less credible and have no sense. Otherwise... what would stop ships from accidentally jumping into other ships all over the place? Think like a collision alarm/system on aircraft.

If you assert the natural gravity well theory, how do ships jump to locations near planets at all?

Furthermore, while doing heavy research into this exact topic, I found this image.
View attachment 830694

A gravity well is naturally created by bodies in space. Earth has a gravity well. Interdictor ships create gravity wells. Presumably the bigger the ship and the bigger the planet or moon. The further away you have to be. And it's possible that gravity effects the realspace hyperspace connection bridge point preventing a breech in realspace from opening.

Secondly the only reason Holdo was able to do what she did, is because the jump point for the sector was behind the First Order fleet.

Cool picture is that Legends or canon?

I've posted plenty of examples in this thread and in the other thread, we picked apart the lightspeed ram and why RJ was a dullard for including it. It shouldn't even be possible.

Indeed, FTL travel is clearly unphysical. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed, FTL travel is clearly unphysical. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
What are you even on about? I would make a joke about lightspeed, but it would probably jump past your head...

A gravity well is naturally created by bodies in space. Earth has a gravity well. Interdictor ships create gravity wells. Presumably the bigger the ship and the bigger the planet or moon. The further away you have to be. And it's possible that gravity effects the realspace hyperspace connection bridge point preventing a breech in realspace from opening.

Secondly the only reason Holdo was able to do what she did, is because the jump point for the sector was behind the First Order fleet.

Cool picture is that Legends or canon?

It's legends now. Conveniently.

I also had another thought. What do you think about this point about the dreadnaught? The later edit, I mean.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284901&page=212&p=4493863&viewfull=1#post4493863

What are you even on about? I would make a joke about lightspeed, but it would probably jump past your head...

It's legends now. Conveniently.

I also had another thought. What do you think about this point about the dreadnaught? The later edit, I mean.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=284901&page=212&p=4493863&viewfull=1#post4493863

There's seems to be different kinds of shields. Some stop just energy, some physical objects. Most large ships in the films seem to have the energy stopping type. As you see fighters fly through shields all the time. So the small bombs used probably just passed through the shields.

There's seems to be different kinds of shields. Some stop just energy, some physical objects. Most large ships in the films seem to have the energy stopping type. As you see fighters fly through shields all the time. So the small bombs used probably just passed through the shields.

They usually have both shields on the larger ships, because they are a larger investment so to speak. I would double down on this thought because the First Order seems to have vastly superior ships in terms of technology.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandator_IV-class_Siege_Dreadnought

just letting you know, when you prove your point, you will be told Star Wars is fantasy.

In TFA the Millenium Falcon Jumped within a planet's shield perimeter. Just make missiles that do the same. Pretty obvious. Gravity effects were ignored.

The people who thought of this while watching the movie knew it was wrong, those who didn't/couldn't see nothing wrong with it.

Star Wars broken.

When you think of it, the last two movies used hyperspace to cheat the pre-established lore. Lazy writing. As if the billions of life-forms in the galaxy over thousands of years NEVER thought of weaponizing hyperspce. Meanwhile, we thought of it instantly.

Your mass is zero at lgiht speed, or an infinite amount of energy would be required to get you to light speed. You literally become massless. You cannot get close to light speed without expending an enormous amount of energy, which is the unaccounted energy debt from the Supremacy scene. You cannot use/claim the energy of the Raddus getting near lightspeed on one side of an equation but ignore the side of the equation that demands to know HOW the Raddus got up to speed.

These have all been asked and answered in the past to the same person.

We already saw what happenes in Rogue 1 when you have a jump point behind a much more massive ship. The experimental aspect of the raddus shields was that it could project shields around other target, having nothing to do with making the raddus an uber prticle that not only took out the target ship, but other ships behind it.

It reminds me of the scene in Sharknado where they hop in a car, it runs out of gas, then explodes. What fueled the explosion? Oh wait, it was Sharknado...much better writing than RJ.

They usually have both shields on the larger ships, because they are a larger investment so to speak. I would double down on this thought because the First Order seems to have vastly superior ships in terms of technology.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandator_IV-class_Siege_Dreadnought

Shields are plot armor when needed.

Examples of craft flying through shields.

Anakin flies the N-1 into the battleship
Anakin and Obi-Wan fly into the hanger of the Invisible Hand
Red leader says that they fly through the Death Star shields
The Falcon lands on a Star Destroyer.
Rebel fighters fly through the Super Star Destroyers shields , and they they blow up the bridge shields.

If there is one constant in Star Wars......there's nothing constant.

Rebel fighters fly through the Super Star Destroyers shields , and they they blow up the bridge shields.

And I hate that.

You mean they make things up to fit in their make believe universe? [emoji44]

Inconceivable.

When Annakin flew into the EDIT: droid ship, other ships left simultaneously.. Look at 4 o'clock...shields were down.
Invisible hand had shields down, already in an extensive fight. When blast doors hit, even lost atmosphere. Shields Kaput
Death Star did not have full shields up, They didn't figure out the rebel's plan til after inside the perimeter, and then, too late.

I could go on, but I am pretty sure we already know the response. ;)

MAybe someone can make a gif of Anakin flying into the trade fed ship with other ships leaving simultaneously so the denial will have *more* impact.

When Annakin flew into the EDIT: droid ship, other ships left simultaneously.. Look at 4 o'clock...shields were down.
Invisible hand had shields down, already in an extensive fight. When blast doors hit, even lost atmosphere. Shields Kaput
Death Star did not have full shields up, They didn't figure out the rebel's plan til after inside the perimeter, and then, too late.

I could go on, but I am pretty sure we already know the response. ;)

MAybe someone can make a gif of Anakin flying into the trade fed ship with other ships leaving simultaneously so the denial will have *more* impact.

Another inconsistency. In ANH the thermal port is ray shielded. So they can't shoot it with blaster. But torpedoes can pass through. But in ROTS they use ray shields trap Obi-Wan and Anakin. Apparently there are different ray shields???

Another inconsistency. In ANH the thermal port is ray shielded. So they can't shoot it with blaster. But torpedoes can pass through. But in ROTS they use ray shields trap Obi-Wan and Anakin. Apparently there are different ray shields???

A torpedo isn't a laser or blaster, it is a physical torpedo. ;)

The shields used against Obi-wan and Anakin were very high intensity and probably strong enough to disintegrate them. Vs the Gungan Ray shields that splatted with each hit. Even the robots had to slow down to get through them. Remember the first Death Star, had to put shields "double front."

So, no inconsistency. Just another rabbit hole.

The real question is, "how much proof is sufficient to change your mind that TLJ was terrible?" Because every valid answer that is provided just results in another tangent..

A torpedo isn't a laser or blaster, it is a physical torpedo. ;)

The shields used against Obi-wan and Anakin were very high intensity and probably strong enough to disintegrate them. Vs the Gungan Ray shields that splatted with each hit. Even the robots had to slow down to get through them. Remember the first Death Star, had to put shields "double front."

So, no inconsistency. Just another rabbit hole.

The real question is, "how much proof is sufficient to change your mind that TLJ was terrible?" Because every valid answer that is provided just results in another tangent..

Prof? All I've gotten is different points of view. And all know how's those work. And besides I never said that TLJ was best film ever.

Prof? All I've gotten is different points of view. And all know how's those work. And besides I never said that TLJ was best film ever.

Aw man, just gave out my last proton torpedo!

Then why so eager to defend such poor material? Especially after repeatedly getting spoonfed valid answers. You don't have any good answer choices

Aw man, just gave out my last proton torpedo!

Then why so eager to defend such poor material? Especially after repeatedly getting spoonfed valid answers. You don't have any good answer choices

Dude I'm literally coming up with most of these on the spot :lol.....but I'm pretty sure I've got some pretty good answers. I've been thinking about this for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back