Back to the Future IV is really coming?

https://www.facebook.com/Michael-J-Fox-635376903163975

Or is this fake news in some way or another?

I kind of question the validity of that page. It does have almost 100K followers but the posting style makes me question things. There is one post that calls people who question if one of his posts is fake as “jealous children who just want to be an actor like him”. MJF is too classy to respond like that. I have a gut feeling this is not his official page. Hmmmm....

Yeah, I had the same thoughts as Moviefreak. Also checked IMDB to see if there was a BTTF IV announced, but no trace of it. Also nothing on his twitter account.

Ugh. I am so sick of this song at this point. Every time there is a discussion on BTTF future films or meeting Tom Wilson, this gets posted up like it is something new. :lol

Oh, I'm not suggesting it's new. I think that one is from...what, like, 2006? 2007? But I also think the message of "Back to the Future IV? NOT HAPPENING" still resonates. Because I don't see it happening. :)

I also think the message of "Back to the Future IV? NOT HAPPENING" still resonates. Because I don't see it happening. :)

Well.... one thing I have learned is to never say never when it comes to the entertainment industry. :lol
I don't think it will happen with the previous cast, but I do think one day they will reboot it for a new generation with a whole new cast.

And when it comes to that song by Tom Wilson, I don't believe it as a statement to his position anymore. I used to watch it and know that is how he feels and how he approaches the whole BTTF fan base.... but today he can be found peddling BTTF items online, doing signings at conventions and embracing the community. So I am curious if he still plays that song live anymore when the next day he can be found at a convention signing all the BTTF items fans can drag in. :lol

And when it comes to that song by Tom Wilson, I don't believe it as a statement to his position anymore. I used to watch it and know that is how he feels and how he approaches the whole BTTF fan base.... but today he can be found peddling BTTF items online, doing signings at conventions and embracing the community. So I am curious if he still plays that song live anymore when the next day he can be found at a convention signing all the BTTF items fans can drag in. :lol

I think Tom Wilson has finally figured out that no one really came to hear him sing or tell jokes or whatever else he tried to do and that there is money to be made in the BTTF fan base.

BTTF will never get revisited with Fox, Lloyd, Zemeckis, and Gale.

When they are eventually out of the picture I expect (not want) a ground-up reboot.

I think Tom Wilson has finally figured out that no one really came to hear him sing or tell jokes or whatever else he tried to do and that there is money to be made in the BTTF fan base.

I went to his show a few years back and someone I knew working the venue had me meet him about an hour before the show in the back. We chatted and I walked on eggshells about BTTF. I slipped in a question about the film and he looked all disappointed that I would even go there and he looked like he was about to shut down. So I quickly changed the subject to talk about his pop art painting and he perked up. If he would have only embraced it back then I could have had a nice conversation about it and maybe even got him to sign something, but no.... he wasn't ready for that yet. :lol

BTTF will never get revisited with Fox, Lloyd, Zemeckis, and Gale.

When they are eventually out of the picture I expect (not want) a ground-up reboot.

Because everyone rejected the script the first time around, when it did get made, Gale, Zemeckis, and Speilberg all basically took some payment in the form of shared IP rights. It's pretty much exactly how Lucas was able to own Star Wars. They offered to take less money for more ownership. The studios, assuming Speilberg';s name would at least let them make a tiny bit of money went for it.

...and they ended up with an instant classic mega-hit.

Gale and Zemeckis have both said NEVER-- and Universal can't without them.

When they die, their IP will go to their family. If their family respects the wishes, it may never happen.

There's lots of 80s classics tied up in similar ways-- Buckaroo Banzai and Last Starfighter come to mind.

And by "tied up" I could also mean "protected" depending on your POV.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back