"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

Didn't realize it was directed by Riker! That flipping awesome! The amputated leg that fell was a full leg where his was just below the knee, but that's OK.

I caught that. I wonder what led to that??

It didn't diminish the hilarity at all, but still a bit odd.

Didn't realize it was directed by Riker! That flipping awesome! The amputated leg that fell was a full leg where his was just below the knee, but that's OK.
Obviously a lack of communication between the prop shop and the effects shop. That or something was changed at the last minute and they had originally wanted a full leg but that proved to difficult to do in post but the fake leg had already been made.

Hey Gang! It may have been that the leg was too short to pull off the 'hitting Seth in the stomach' with it part with the leg cut off at the knee. Having the thigh there too allowed it to swing around more and belt him in the gut. Just a thought.

At first I even thought that they got the CGI wrong when Lt. Gordon turned away from the camera and began to hobble back out of the bridge. It looked like they had his leg cut off at the knee or just below it when he hopped into the bridge, then a good bit above the knee when he hopped back out. I watched it again this afternoon and it still looked off, but not as bad as I had first suspected.

Seth is a funny guy, no doubt. His TV series other than Family Guy I gotta say I'm totally uninterested in. That show hit me just at the right age where I was obsessed with movie references. I would like him to focus on Family Guy and no other series.

I was surprised when my 79 year old Mom told me she watched this show and liked it. Wonders never cease..... I never thought my Mom would ever watch much less like a sci fi show that I liked.

Wow, another great episode. This just keeps getting better and better every week. Loved the ALIENS homage, did anyone else catch it?

The colonists they talked to when arriving at the planet last night was named Lydecker. That was the same name as the colonist engineer that got after the kids riding their Bigwheels in the extended cut of ALIENS.

I like the blend of humor and seriousness they have going as they don't hit you over the head with jokes all of the time but even when things get serious they can still crack a joke to ease some of the tension.

Another great episode.

This latest episode was another hit for me, very well done and it seems like they're setting things up for the Krill to be more than just "the villain of the week". It was also cool to see another Union ship, now we finally have a real idea of just how small the Orville really is since the Krill destroyers are pretty oversized for a destroyer.

I thought last nights episode was the best so far.

I laughed out loud 3 or 4 times...a first for ANY show MacFarlane has done.

The AVIS & Hertz mentions were all funny as hell.

Someone here had much earlier mentioned a hint of Buck Rogers (1978) feel to it.
This episode had loads of that. I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Fox, this show is a KEEPER don't do anything stupid please.

Parodies are becoming better than what the jab fun at !
when Jon Stewart was still doing the Daily show some of his comedy interviews were with News agency's asking why he was the only one reporting certain news stories .

Brendon Smalls cartoon character's Dethklok was one of the best metal bands in years .

Now Seth's got the best sci fi show in a decade !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back