Poe, Rey, and Finn's Costumes in The Last Jedi

Toa Quarax

The packaging for The Last Jedi's merchandise (being released on Star Wars Force Friday II, which is September 1, 2017) was posted and shows a little bit of Poe, Rey, and Finn's new costumes (source; also posted here):

forcefridayii-tall.jpgforce-friday-packaging.jpg

Poe's costume is a little more worn and Rey's costume looks like the new one Making Star Wars described in this article. Here's a few interpretations of her and Luke's new outfits (source 1 and source 2):

CgbBV17XIAEz0qg.jpgRey-and-Luke-costume.png

Finn's got pretty much the same jacket he from Poe in The Force Awakens, but he's got a new shirt underneath, which looks similar to the one he was wearing at the end of TFA:

sw-force-awakens-movie-screencaps.com-14461.jpg

Edit: man, the Internet here sucks. I was going to post this an hour ago.

Last edited:
Poe's helmet has some slight differences. Here's how his helmet looked in TFA (source):

BK5dQEj.jpgPH-left.jpg

And here's a close-up of his new helmet:

fsdffdfd.jpg

Here's the differences that I noticed:

imageedit_3_9428455576.gifimageedit_9_3904507339.gifimageedit_6_8317600160.gif

I thought they may have gone with a more worn look, because the yellowish lines on the helmet looked a little more yellow, but that might just be a lighting thing. It does seem like there's a little more weathering on the lines, though.

Here's Finn's jacket from TFA (source):

Star-Wars-Celebration-The-Force-Awakens-Props-Costumes-Exhibit-Characters-Models-018.jpg

And here's his TLJ jacket:

fggffg.jpg

The top of the flap looks kinda different, but it could just be bending away from his body:

imageedit_15_6574392698.gifimageedit_11_3127452500.gif

Last edited:
Of course none of the second pictures are loading for me :(

The first photos did though! Is it me or is that a different setup rey is wearing? It doesn't look like the one she's wearing when she hands luke the graflex. Looks almost more Jedi tunic like

I love her hair down, she really is a gorgeous woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poe's helmet has some slight differences. Here's how his helmet looked in TFA (source):

View attachment 707557View attachment 707558

And here's a close-up of his new helmet:

View attachment 707559

Here's the differences that I noticed:

View attachment 707561View attachment 707562View attachment 707560

I thought they may have gone with a more worn look, because the yellowish lines on the helmet looked a little more yellow, but that might just be a lighting thing. It does seem like there's a little more weathering on the lines, though.

Here's Finn's jacket from TFA (source):

View attachment 707565

And here's his TLJ jacket:

View attachment 707564

The top of the flap looks kinda different, but it could just be bending away from his body:

View attachment 707567View attachment 707566

FAIL! Try again!

Of course none of the second pictures are loading for me :(

The first photos did though! Is it me or is that a different setup rey is wearing? It doesn't look like the one she's wearing when she hands luke the graflex. Looks almost more Jedi tunic like

I love her hair down, she really is a gorgeous woman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same :( .

Can’t wait for this movie to release! Ready to see Luke go crazy on Snoke and or Ren...

The main difference I notice on the helmet is that the visor housing is more curved, and stays closer to the helmet. Not sure why they would change that, but that's what I see.

The main difference I notice on the helmet is that the visor housing is more curved, and stays closer to the helmet. Not sure why they would change that, but that's what I see.

I think the screw behind that knob is a little different too. Could they be making slight changes so that they can distinguish between TFA and TLJ props in the Lucasfilm Archives (or wherever they keep all the props and stuff)?

Does anyone know if filmsjackets.com is legit? Still iffy about ordering from there, but I want a Poe jacket for the premiere... I know there was one person here who posted about rhem, but I want a little more confirmation first. Thanks!

Last edited:
I would love to order from Magnoli or Zlurpo, but its a little over my budget, so I'm looking for something a little less expensive.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if filmsjackets.com is legit? Still iffy about ordering from there, but I want a Poe jacket for the premiere... I know there was one person here who posted about rhem, but I want a little more confirmation first. Thanks!

A question I have is if anyone can ID the type of contruction the back of the jacket is? Is it the 3 panel with a yoke as seen by Film Jackets.com or is it a single seam??

A question I have is if anyone can ID the type of contruction the back of the jacket is? Is it the 3 panel with a yoke as seen by Film Jackets.com or is it a single seam??
It's a single seam. It shows it on the toys and i believe in some shots, I'll try and find you some photos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Also... has anyone ID'd the material. Some debate on whether it's a leather or waxed cotton/denim type jacket.
Only photo I could really find lol but I remember in the movie its a single seam when I watched it a second time for details. The material isn't clear as to which it is, but the visual dictionary claims it's Runyip leather, but it might not necessairly be made from leather. There is another thread from Magnoli cloithers that has this discussion going if you want to check it out.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=281686
591999714eb8fdd7c1d71fbf700bdbc8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The jacket is definitely waxed cotton (or some other kind of coated cotton), not leather. The back has three panels (two princess seams). We're revising our pattern right not to incorporate this.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back