The 12th Doctor's New Sonic Screwdriver

Rubbertoe made this Instagram post which mentions they provided two prototypes to Character Options for the toy to be based on:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFUHDZ9lfim/

The CO version of the 12th doctors sonic is on the way. I provided them with these two replicas to prototype from, so it should be pretty spot on. Plus the fact there are no moving parts The unpainted version was then sprayed grey and scanned.
I'm glad to be involved in helping CO create there most accurate sonic yet.

There was also briefly a red setting when the sonic was being designed but whoever is in charge decided against it for the show:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFZQzV1FfkW/

doctor.png

Heehee. Yeah, I do that sometimes. ;)

My toy 12th sonic should be arriving today or tomorrow. It'll make a nice hold over until I'm properly budgeted up for a proper Rubbertoe.

Mine is due in any second now...every second ticking by sounds like a sledgehammer on concrete. GIMME!!! ;)

I hear that! I ordered mine last Friday. It did not ship until yesterday with a 7 to 14 day delivery schedule. If only my local American Toys R Us would carry more than the ONE 5 inch 10th Doctor figure that was released three years ago.

They really did an amazing job with this one. The electronics are great!

That's honestly what I'm most impressed with. Quality of the body (hiding seams, proper paint application, etc.) is something that can be improved with some creativity in the modeling and molding process but for them to have put all the light and sound features in there makes me happy - and a bit hopeful that MAYBE they'd consider releasing a version of River's sonic with proper neural relay light pattern instead of just the simple blinking. But the chances of them revisiting that one again short of doing another set of re-releases of classics and others is unlikely. I mean, it isn't that far fetched for them since they've done it multiple times with nearly every model of sonic but a third incarnation of one of the less popular sonics is unlikely...

That's honestly what I'm most impressed with. Quality of the body (hiding seams, proper paint application, etc.) is something that can be improved with some creativity in the modeling and molding process but for them to have put all the light and sound features in there makes me happy - and a bit hopeful that MAYBE they'd consider releasing a version of River's sonic with proper neural relay light pattern instead of just the simple blinking. But the chances of them revisiting that one again short of doing another set of re-releases of classics and others is unlikely. I mean, it isn't that far fetched for them since they've done it multiple times with nearly every model of sonic but a third incarnation of one of the less popular sonics is unlikely...

An improved River Sonic could be cool plus as far as I know (and I might be wrong) haven't they only done the aged version from "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead"? They could make the clean new "Husbands of River Song" version to be a alternate version. Ordered one of these new 12's today, looks really good so can't wait!

I'm surprised at how relatively non-toylike it appears. After being a bit disappointed with the other CO sonics and getting rid of the 10th and 11th ones, this is impressive.

An improved River Sonic could be cool plus as far as I know (and I might be wrong) haven't they only done the aged version from "Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead"? They could make the clean new "Husbands of River Song" version to be a alternate version. Ordered one of these new 12's today, looks really good so can't wait!

Oooo, good call. Forgot about that. I do like the aged one better but if they're going to redo it, might as well change it up and make the shiny new version of it!

It sucks for Australians the ozzy distributors don't get it till the end of the year sure the who shop has it for 50 Ausy dollars with postage which is pretty good but that is the only one that sells to Aus for a decent price CO ships but with like $80 postage

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back