STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATIONS

Re: STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATI

another serious question i have, in TFA we see troopers with shoulder pads, some with orange some with white. what is the idea behind the pad? is it a ranking system? is it a pad for throwing some kind of heavy gun/canon on your shoulder for firing? i always wondered if there was something behind the shoulder pad

Re: STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS QUESTIONS YOU ALWAYS WANTED ANSWERS FOR and OBSERVATI

halliwax, they're worn by squad leaders. Nothing more specific than that yet, but I'd presume if they follow the ANH precedent, white are Corporals and orange are Sergeants.
mkstewartesq,
As far as Han goes,a good chunk of the galaxy would never have had run-ins with Jedi even when they were around. I feel Han (and Motti) represent a general citizen's attitude about them. As far as timeline stuff? I haven't read Bloodlines yet, but that's pretty much the argument I've been making -- that Rey was never trianed by Luke, that she doesn't have a mindblock, that Ben turned after she'd been left on Jakku, etc. We'll find out more as things unfold, but I like this for driving a furthe rwedge into the theory that Rey has had any prior contact with Luke or Kylo.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:

Honestly I think it was his 2nd day of filming when the accident happened. So he didn't have time to film much.

Lor san tekka. The Novel has Ren say to him " The great soldier of fortune " It was also mentioned somewhere we had seen him in a previous movie already. Who is he supposed to be?
Ren tells Lor in the Novel he has a lot to atone for all he has done and brought to his fellow villagers.

Just who is or was Lor san tekka supposed to have been. Only great soldier of fortune we really saw was Boba Fett. Either that or he is Dengar really old and healed :)

What is his deal? Anyone know or think they know?

Lor san tekka. The Novel has Ren say to him " The great soldier of fortune " It was also mentioned somewhere we had seen him in a previous movie already. Who is he supposed to be?
Ren tells Lor in the Novel he has a lot to atone for all he has done and brought to his fellow villagers.

Just who is or was Lor san tekka supposed to have been. Only great soldier of fortune we really saw was Boba Fett. Either that or he is Dengar really old and healed :)

The new Poe comics are about his search for the Luke info so I think we will learn more there.

the visual dictionary refers to him as a leader of a church that worships jedi's. in one section titled
KEEPER OF FAITH: though San Tekka is not force sensitive, he was witnessed its power firsthand. During the dark times of emperor palpation's rule, San Tekka was a follower of the church of the force. This underground faith was made up of loosely affiliated worshippers of the jedi ideals, who steadfastly believed that one day their light would return to the galaxy.

If Rey has to scavenge parts everyday just to get food, how does she afford a speeder? And how does she pay to fuel it? Or does it belong to the guy giving out the food portions?

If Rey has to scavenge parts everyday just to get food, how does she afford a speeder? And how does she pay to fuel it? Or does it belong to the guy giving out the food portions?

More than likely she put it together from parts she scavenged. I love how her speeder looks very similar to Luke's only turned on its side. It even has a dent in the near same spot. :)

JJ said on a youtube video, she scrapped it together. as for the fuel she probably just scavenges that as well out of the crashed star ships. it doesn't sound like the speeder likes the grade of fuel she is using, judging by the start up sound it makes lol

My question is why would Kylo Ren have a lightsaber duel with Finn and not just freeze him in place a la Poe Dameron on Jakku and Rey after Maz's castle attack.......and I'm not buying the cat toying with a mouse argument, especially after all the trouble he's caused.

And why when Kylo Ren froze Poe Dameron in place does Poe flinch when gut punched by the Stormtroopers, if he was stiff he would've taken the blow and not moved, unless Kylo "releases" him right as he's punched.

Read the novel and some cool things in the book were left out of the movie and well as some bad ideas were left out thankfully as well.

Left out the mention of Lor san tekka being a Great soldier of fortune.

Left out snoke threatening Rey's well being in demanding she be brought before him to be taught the nature of the dark side.

Left out Rey hearing in her head " kill him " while she had Ren beaten and laying down.

Thankfully left out someone saying that a machine that took one's particles apart then reassembled them elsewhere did not exist.

The alien who saved Poe and Poe in turn saving him would have been cool yet served no real purpose for the movie.

Most importantly Chewie tearing Plutts arm out and throwing it across the room I think we all wanted to see.

Also Hux wanting to use the seekers. Weapons that seek and destroy anything and everything thus sacrificing his own tie fighters and pilots in the use of it.

Whatever happened to the rumored weapon of the Resistance being a large ship called the " Sledgehammer "

Last edited:

When Rey battles Kylo and the lock lightsaber he tells he she could be taught the ways of the force. Curious he does not say teach you the ways of the dark side.

Rey hears Kylo say Force in the same lockup and this seems to release her abilities to battle using the force even more. I thought this strange as she heard the word Force said many times during the film up until that point.

When Han is telling them about Luke on the Falcon he says to them one of Luke's students turned on him and they show a close up of Rey's face. I do not know what that was about.

She absolutely owned Kylo in that 2nd half of the battle.Tired of reading he was injured and that was why. He was injured when he battled Finn and had no problem. Just stop with the excuses.

How do Sith greet each other? Do they also say, "May the Force be with you?"

Serious question... The whole landing approach at light speed to jump through the shields of Starkiller base. Are these different shields then the one used around the Death Star? Has this lightspeed approach always been known?

How do Sith greet each other? Do they also say, "May the Force be with you?"

I think whenever we see it in the movie, it's just subservience to the master. For example Vader says "What is thy bidding my master?" They're not equals so I don't think they would have a greeting/parting message like MTFBWY.

Serious question... The whole landing approach at light speed to jump through the shields of Starkiller base. Are these different shields then the one used around the Death Star? Has this lightspeed approach always been known?

I only saw it once, but when you're in Hyperspace you're out of regular time/space, so shields don't matter in this case. He just pops out of Hyperspace past the shields. I think this tactic is probably known, they just don't think anyone is crazy enough to try it. Again whether this is canon is debatable, but supposedly hyperdrives have a safety feature that detects a mass in space so it should automatically pull you out of hyperspace when it detects the planetary mass. If that's true then Han would have to cut out the safety features to make the Falcon jump into the atmosphere in TFA.

I think whenever we see it in the movie, it's just subservience to the master. For example Vader says "What is thy bidding my master?" They're not equals so I don't think they would have a greeting/parting message like MTFBWY.

I only saw it once, but when you're in Hyperspace you're out of regular time/space, so shields don't matter in this case. He just pops out of Hyperspace past the shields. I think this tactic is probably known, they just don't think anyone is crazy enough to try it. Again whether this is canon is debatable, but supposedly hyperdrives have a safety feature that detects a mass in space so it should automatically pull you out of hyperspace when it detects the planetary mass. If that's true then Han would have to cut out the safety features to make the Falcon jump into the atmosphere in TFA.

i wouldn't put it past that ol' pirate ;)

...supposedly hyperdrives have a safety feature that detects a mass in space so it should automatically pull you out of hyperspace when it detects the planetary mass...

Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy!
Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova
and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

All of what your saying sounds good then I have one question. Why the **** did we have to destroy the shield generator on Endor?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back