The anh chewbacca bowcaster, very accurate !! Kit run

Got it, thanks.

I would think cotton cord would be easy to find at Joanne's or Michaels, if we know the dimensions.

Do you have the thickness of the coiled cable?

Got it, thanks.

I would think cotton cord would be easy to find at Joanne's or Michaels, if we know the dimensions.

Do you have the thickness of the coiled cable?

the cord is 2.5mm thick, ive looked at micheal, hobbylobby, joans fabrics, nothing yet.

I will have to find the cable, I don't know where it is right this moment.

I do have an update on converting the other kodak 35rf knob to look like the wind knob, it was a success.
I can offer these to those who want them, I will get a tally on how many I have.

$10

IMG_5929[1].JPG .IMG_5930[1].JPG

Can't remember if this was accounted for in our last exchange - I'll let you tell me if I need this or not... :)

Dan
this is new ;)
for those who are finding it hard to get one of the real knobs, im offering 2 solutions

1 I will supply a resin copy for those who want a cheap fix until they secure the real part. or

2 these modified knobs. they are from the same camera, but are the other knob that that have a recess on top which is perfect. I drill a couple holes, set it into the mold, pour in the resin and pressure cast..

I was chatting with Jerry, I found a crazy expensive Kodak 35 Camera if anyone is interested in the link, maybe you can negotiate a price, please PM for the link, I will give to the link to the first PM as would not want the seller to get bombarded with offers and screw for all...

the cord is 2.5mm thick, ive looked at micheal, hobbylobby, joans fabrics, nothing yet.

2.5mm = 1/8" which is very common, unless my math is wrong.

Also, if it is cotton cord, and were pulled tight around something, it would be stretched, and thus it's diameter would be less.

If you're scaling up of the image leads you to conclude it is now 1/8" then the original cord should be wider than 1/8".

2.5mm = 1/8" which is very common, unless my math is wrong.

Also, if it is cotton cord, and were pulled tight around something, it would be stretched, and thus it's diameter would be less.

If you're scaling up of the image leads you to conclude it is now 1/8" then the original cord should be wider than 1/8".

this is pretty dens/tight woven cord. not lose and soft like everything else out there ive seen.

Hello......I’m looking for a Bowcaster preferably one already made and not a kit. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction for one of reasonable quality and accuracy? Many Thanks
The Bowcaster Jerry made was part of a limited run. He might have extras....you’ll have to ask, I don’t know. As far as a trying to find a fully finished prop that doesn’t require any work, you can try the JunkYard here on The RPF or possibly Etsy for a makers who have a fully finished prop. This thread is a build thread though, you will most likely sacrifice accuracy for something pre-finished. If you want 1:1 screen accuracy, you should follow along here.

Last edited:
Don´t know if you Jerry are planning to offer the SP scopes as well?!
If not, Field Marshall is currently preparing a run of these!

Can´t wait for your next update...the barrel support assembly! :)

Need some feedback as I’m making progress on this. Am I installing these side panels correctly? Meaning they should be as flush as possible with the Bowcaster frame?

Attachments

• FCE68DC6-6125-4464-B40F-DA4CB192C28A.jpeg
    FCE68DC6-6125-4464-B40F-DA4CB192C28A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 225
  • C26F12F6-9077-4D0A-8DE8-A24F714E4B5E.jpeg
    C26F12F6-9077-4D0A-8DE8-A24F714E4B5E.jpeg
    592.8 KB · Views: 234
  • D8C80574-A577-4E43-9EAE-51136DD66F5D.jpeg
    D8C80574-A577-4E43-9EAE-51136DD66F5D.jpeg
    762.8 KB · Views: 235
Hey folks, I've got several pairs of scopes for Bowcasters or Evazan blasters that I'll be selling soon.

These are Frankenscopes, made from vintage scopes, with nice printed objective bells, and are sturdy and purdy!

Send me a PM if you're interested.

I'll be taking pictures and listing them in the JY soon.

Re: THE ANH CHEWBACCA BOWCASTER, VERY ACCURATE !! just a little project

Oh, wow! Always wanted to do one of these!

In '98 I scored a Barnett Commando, since that's what was thought to be the correct crossbow.

Wait, the Bowcaster is not based on a Barnett Commando? This is news to me! I’m confused.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back