Bandai release schedule

It is amazing the level of detail Bandai has put into that kit- if you did not know the true size you would think it was a much larger kit.

I just hope when the sales of this skyrocket people realize there is a largely ignored market for the larger Star Wars ships- Capital ships (aside from the ISD and now DSII) get don't get the love fighters have.

that's why I'm thinking of getting into Armada game. Unfortunately every model is in different scale, but at least models looks nice for what they are.

Or just saving some money on this Home One https://www.shapeways.com/product/S...version-quot-paneled-1-7000?optionId=61321771 it should look good next to the Zvezdas ISD :p Nobody knows truse size of that cruiser anyway lol

It is amazing the level of detail Bandai has put into that kit- if you did not know the true size you would think it was a much larger kit.

I just hope when the sales of this skyrocket people realize there is a largely ignored market for the larger Star Wars ships- Capital ships (aside from the ISD and now DSII) get don't get the love fighters have.

Kind of puzzling that Bandai will make a Star Wars Samurai line, but yet theres no McQuarrie/Johnston concept line. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kind of puzzling that Bandai will make a Star Wars Samurai line, but yet theres no McQuarrie/Johnston concept line. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucasfilm has been mining the old concept art for the recent sequel trilogy and now TV -- one of Johnston's speeder bike concepts from Return of the Jedi is being used nearly verbatim in the new Star Wars Resistance animated TV show, another was used extensively in Star Wars Rebels. Given that, it wouldn't surprise me if the license restricted what Bandai can do with them. The Movie Realizations line is all an original interpretation.

EDIT: I checked my "Art of ROTJ" book, and the design of the speeder bike in Resistance is clearly based off of is credited to Nils Rodis-Jamero, not Joe Johnston. The one used in Rebels is credited to both of them.

Last edited:
From TurkeyVolumeGuessingMan over at Starship Modeler forums (aka Greg):

Star Wars stuff starts at the 7 minute mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished this dude today. I think he turned out OK, especially as I just went for simple dry-brushing and detailing in various matt/semi-gloss blacks for the backpack detail. Weathering is simple too – some black smudges, then a dappled clearcoat, then a red-brown wash. I sprayed the pauldron orange. That decal was horrible! In fact the only decals are the "tears" under the eyes. I even used a thin blue wash for the cheek bars.

He's now my third trooper after a regular Stormtrooper and First Order Stormtrooper. Clone Trooper on its way. These little bucketheads are addictive!
IMG_1835.jpgIMG_1836.jpg

Last edited:
Hobby show in Leipzig this year in october shows the bandai box on the revell exhibition stand (see picture at the revell-facebook-profile: https://www.facebook.com/Revell/photos/pcb.2081070758605015/2081068981938526/?type=3&theater ), and it's listed in several shops, for example:
http://www.jumbliesmodels.com/plastic-kits-c3/tv-film-c49/revell-bandai-1-72-perfect-grade-millennium-falcon-star-wars-kit-p14704

Oh that's neat; good for Europeans who want the kit. Will it be the P-Bandai Perfect Grade or the standard release Perfect Grade though?

Just back from the model hobby and game and inquired directly at Revell.
First, 800 will be available from November in Germany, the employee (who himself was very enthusiastic about Bandais Star Wars models) said that the number could even be increased to 1000 in case of success ... and to the question of what with other kits would he mean ... "We'll see ... "
Sales price should be 399 euros!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back