Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm (after 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kathleen Kennedy to step down from Lucasfilm?

WRONG. Luke fails to believe in himself.

This is why I hate the prequels - all the great themes and subtext of the original movies have become lost to later generations, buried under so much bull****.
They'll never be able to view those movies the way we did as kids. Now it's all meaningless pseudo babble, like a bad Star Trek movie.
Now the force has a "will" and "does stuff"... :facepalm

It's about learning to clear his mind, to get out of his own way, his own doubts, to do it. We've seen toddlers having this ability because they don't have enough self to get in the way.

You remind me a lot of Han Solo :D

"You don't believe in the Force, do you?"

"Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

I know you like to think of the Force as nothing more then magic. But the fact is, the Force just "does stuff". Magic which does not have a conscious will, can't out of the blue give someone visions of the future or the past. Magic can't on its own create illusions which can be interacted with and interacted with the environment. For those things to happen your "force" needs either a conscious will, or a conscious will controlling it.

Also consider, the fact that 'f' in Force is capitalized, like a proper name or title. And the Force has its own musical theme throughout the saga. These are not things that would done for something that is just magic.

Oh for ******'s sake, can we PLEASE not go down this road AGAIN?

What would be the fun in that?
Ray could instantly pilot the Falcon like a pro.
Ray could instantly fix the Falcon.
Ray could within seconds pul off a Jedi mind trick.
Ray could weild a lightsaber and best a sith lord.
Ray could again beat down trained guards.
And best a sith lord.
Ray could instantly levitate and move 100's of rocks/boulders.

All with zippo, zero training in the force. All within hours and days!!! Lol Bad writing, no thought for the character, all with Ruin J and KK behind the mess.

...I know you like to think of the Force as nothing more then magic...

Wrong again.

The force in the OT was spiritual - not magical, not biological (haven't we had this conversation already...?)
The force is the living universe. That's it. It doesn't love you or hate you - it doesn't have thoughts or feelings.
It doesn't do anything. It just is.

See, George Lucas quit smoking pot and eating mushrooms and listening to Ravi Shankar while reading the
Tao Te Ching when he got married and had kids.
He forgot what Star Wars was about and then somehow neglected to watch his own movies before sitting down to write the prequels.
The OT force was heavily influenced by eastern religions and philosophies. The PT force is influenced by western religion and pseudo-science.
Now we have all kinds of wacko theories trying reconcile these 2 irreconcilable versions of the force.
Throw the Disney films into the mix, and now the force is Hogwarts magic, too.

I subscribe to the original definition of the force - the one me and my friends understood clearly in the early eighties.
The Yin and Yang force. The Zen Buddhist force. The believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything force.
By your rules I can't do anything, and neither can you, because we don't have midiclorians. We'll never be jedi.
When I was a kid, anyone could be a jedi. It inspired us to try harder, to dream bigger.
That was George's biggest misstep, IMO: taking the force away from all of us and depositing it with a "chosen" few.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong again.

The force in the OT was spiritual - not magical, not biological (haven't we had this conversation already...?)
The force is the living universe. That's it. It doesn't love you or hate you - it doesn't have thoughts or feelings.
It doesn't do anything. It just is.

See, George Lucas quit smoking pot and eating mushrooms and listening to Ravi Shankar while reading the
Tao Te Ching when he got married and had kids.
He forgot what Star Wars was about and then somehow neglected to watch his own movies before sitting down to write the prequels.
The OT force was heavily influenced by eastern religions and philosophies. The PT force is influenced by western religion and pseudo-science.
Now we have all kinds of wacko theories trying reconcile these 2 irreconcilable versions of the force.
Throw the Disney films into the mix, and now the force is Hogwarts magic, too.

I subscribe to the original definition of the force - the one me and my friends understood clearly in the early eighties.
The Yin and Yang force. The Zen Buddhist force. The believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything force.
By your rules I can't do anything, and neither can you, because we don't have midiclorians. We'll never be jedi.
When I was a kid, anyone could be a jedi. It inspired us to try harder, to dream bigger.
That was George's biggest misstep, IMO: taking the force away from all of us and depositing it with a "chosen" few.

Life creates the Force. The Force created life. This means all living beings have midi-chlorians.

Indeed the Force is spiritual. George distilled what he thought were common in all religions, not just those of the east or the west, to create the Force.

Because everyone has midi-chlorians, anyone has the potential to become a Jedi. In the PT George wished to show how the Jedi had fallen, rather then letting the Force guide, they were letting science dictate who would and wouldn't be a Jedi. They where loosing the spirituality of the Force. The Force for them had become measurable, and quantifiable.

But here's the thing, once you accept that the Force is infinite entity not bound by time and space. As I've said before, the Force is a seeming paradox, one thing maybe true while at the same time the complete opposite is true.

So with that in mind. If someone where to ask me, can anyone become a Jedi? Or does the Force chooses who will become a Jedi? I would answer, yes. Yes to both.

Just throwing this out there, but there is zero reference(in the films) to having to train to use the Force. There's Jedi training, but not Force training. In fact, I would argue that a Force-sensitive doesn't use the Force as much as the Force uses them.

Well the Republic sure wasted a ton of money on that huge Jedi Temple! Somebody should tell them they don't need training!

Some Force sensitives can use the Force without realizing it, like Anakin and podracing, but it requires training to hone it and learn to use it. If Anakin Skywalker, potentially the most powerful Force user ever, couldn't just figure it out himself, then I'd say that's canon that you require training.

Why are we still debating this?. He will never change his mind. We will never change ours. What's the point?

I don't about you guys, but I love arguing about this totally worthless stuff! I mean come on we're all nerds here right?:lol

Well the Republic sure wasted a ton of money on that huge Jedi Temple! Somebody should tell them they don't need training!

Some Force sensitives can use the Force without realizing it, like Anakin and podracing, but it requires training to hone it and learn to use it. If Anakin Skywalker, potentially the most powerful Force user ever, couldn't just figure it out himself, then I'd say that's canon that you require training.

I'm not so sure that's the case. I feel that most of the training is all about mental exercises, so you can remain calm and collected while fighting. It can't be easy fighting without getting worked up or angry just a little bit. And for a Jedi, that would be considered extremely dangerous, as that would be getting to close to the Dark Side for them.

And also the only Force training every talked about in all of the movies, is Qui-Gon telling Anakin that with time and training he'll learn how to listen for the will of the Force. This is the only mention of Force training. Now aside from that, I imagine Jedi students would still have classes, as they would need to learn how to write, read, etc.

That was the PT. The ST begins to undo that, and once again suggests that anyone can be a Force user. Seems like a lot of the arguments against it go right back to quantifying the unquantifiable, which seems to be the major problem with the concepts introduced into canon by the PT. ***Disclaimer: NOT a PT fan, here.***

This has been raised earlier and shot down like a womp rat...

"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home. They're not much bigger than two meters."

That was a reference to the size of the target, not the ability to "curve the bullet". I'm pretty certain that the conditions under which he was shooting animals on Tatooine were wildly different than than those in the trench run.

That was a reference to the size of the target, not the ability to "curve the bullet". I'm pretty certain that the conditions under which he was shooting animals on Tatooine were wildly different than than those in the trench run.

Well Han said it was a one in a million shot

Yes. He was hitting moving targets not stationary.

I'm wondering if this was to imply that Force had been helping Luke all this time and he didn't know it? Kinda like Anakin winning the podrace was due to the Force, but he was unaware of it at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back