Deadpool 2:Cable

You are the 3rd person in this thread. It did not happen to me but there were posts after that where others had this happen. Sorry for the bad advice , but I was not aware of this issue when I originally posted it.

I edited my original post and took the vendor/website out so maybe this wont happen again, but it was quoted a number of times.

No worries! if I get the item, it may be their vendor/processor. We'll see. Either way Its a good find design-wise for the character.

and BTW your build looks AMAZING

The cables in the forearm Velcro in individually so there is space for the light to shine through.
The back of the lower arm was more difficult . I could only find one or 2 images and I am not sure they are official images. so I made that Velcro too so I could change it if better images come out.

Started adding some of the detail on the front and back

Then I plasti-dipped it all after a quick heat seal

For the top part of the arm I had purchased an Evil Ted pattern for a generic robot arm . I adjusted it to fit me better and
made it Velcro on the back also.

I am working on the 3rd template of the shoulder right now, V1 is in one of the pics above. it has been hard to get the size and design just right
here is v2 its a tad big IMO.

Thank YOU so much for these! I need to make a new arm after seeing these! Mine was after "winging it" and it worked out fine for last weekend's event, StocktonCon, but after seeing what you've done, it's back to the drawing board! Your templates are awesome!

Thank YOU so much for these! I need to make a new arm after seeing these! Mine was after "winging it" and it worked out fine for last weekend's event, StocktonCon, but after seeing what you've done, it's back to the drawing board! Your templates are awesome!

thanks! my original was "ok" too. but I wanted to get it closer after all the new reference
I have another update coming soon on the fina versionl. gotta sort the lights a bit and the elbow. but I have the shoulder where I want it and that was the hardest part.
Glad it helped someone.

Wish I had more to update, but I hit one of those ruts in the build where I was defeated and ready to walk away (I’m sure many of you have been there lol). Climbed out of the rut with just enough time to scramble some of it together for Wizard World Chicago, and hit the floor in costume all day yesterday.

Didn’t get the most recent attempt at the arm done, so I rocked the green screen sleeve, but did get my BFG done.

The BFG is currently 18lbs, which was hefty to carry but definitely a total blast to lug around ...until today. My arms, hands, and shoulders are stupid sore today; even my glass of ice water feels like it weighs 6 tons hahaha maybe the adrenaline of rocking the costume gave me the strength to carry it that long.

I had some trouble with my prosthetic adhesives, which all failed very early in the day. Luckily my toupee stayed on until the end, though it did lift a lot. Also had some costume and BFG breakdowns, but luckily I brought repair tools in my fanny pack ;)

Not much on the picture front right now, but I’ll add more if anything turns up. This is what I’ve got for now:

tumblr_pe37c7tdx11sjdnvro4_1280.jpgtumblr_pe37c7tdx11sjdnvro1_1280.jpg

I’ll get some glory pics of the BFG when I can feel my arms and take them, and will throw together updates for my arm build if it pans out.

Didn’t get the most recent attempt at the arm done, so I rocked the green screen sleeve, but did get my BFG done.

The important part is the BFG is complete and looks fantastic!
Hope to see your arm soon. Glad you pulled out of the funk and made the con, bet you would have regreted not having that first pic there with Liefeld.

Cable Rex OH MY.jpgCable Rex 1.jpgCable Rex.jpgCable Rex 2.jpgCable Rex 5.jpgCable Rex 7.jpgThanks to everyone on this thread for the tremendous inspiration. HUGE Thanks to Nick and Marc for their advice and encouragement in this build! I had a blast as Cable at StockonCon! Had a few issues with gear, but that'll happen... Damn, that was fun. My Cable isn't 100% accurate, but on the budget I worked with, I'm pretty darn happy with it! Now to make a new arm, the new pics in this thread are just what I needed!

Here are some updates on my second arm. I have not done a full suit up yet. I now have the set up for the T-shirt covering the shoulder with poncho. I have the ripped t shirt and exposed shoulder with poncho, and the ripped shirt and shemagh. Looking to get a sentry plate carrier and the under armor shirt and make the half cape to cover all the different cable looks from the movie.
Here is the final version of the shoulder. I have seen some screen caps and this is as close as I think I can get it.
IMG_0615.jpgIMG_0616.jpg

Here it is being worn. I need to reposition the lights a little further inside and I have a plan to hide the wire.
IMG_0573.jpgIMG_0577.jpgIMG_0609.jpgIMG_0606.jpg
IMG_0604.jpgIMG_0586.jpgIMG_0501.jpg

I have added some more cables at the top of the bicep to cover the gap where the undershirt can be seen. no pics of that just yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpg
    IMG_0572.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
What technique did you use to weather your pants, Bountys Hunted? It's a really nice effect. Your whole costume looks fantastic, I think the heavily distressed look is a perfect touch!

Amazing job on that arm Malibu, it's got to be the most accurate one I've seen. I love that you even whipped up his time travel device!

thanks! my original was "ok" too. but I wanted to get it closer after all the new reference
I have another update coming soon on the fina versionl. gotta sort the lights a bit and the elbow. but I have the shoulder where I want it and that was the hardest part.
Glad it helped someone.

Outstanding! Looking forward to it!

- - - Updated - - -

That's a nice looking BFG and I love the weathering on everything.

Thank YOU Very Much!!

What technique did you use to weather your pants, Bountys Hunted? It's a really nice effect. Your whole costume looks fantastic, I think the heavily distressed look is a perfect touch!

Thanks much! I like to weather my gear with "Schmears" from Western Costume Supply - I use "Fuller's Earth" and "Umber" . It's messy to apply, but I like the "seemingly random" effect. I'll do both shades in places, add the lighter Fuller's Earth over the Umber so it looks like older weathering. It's easy to use and you can wash it off if you don't like how you've applied it.

Such a rad thread guys. I've been following for a couple months now. I got and built my 3D Printer this past weekend (Folgertech FT-5), and have started printing the BFG files that someone was selling here! The M203 finished printing yesterday, and the scope/scope mount should be done when I get out of work!

Additionally, doing this costume has actually really inspired a change of routine! I had a personal trainer write out a diet and fitness plan for me, so I'm in the gym five days a week, and eating very clean and protein heavy to try to achieve something like Brolin status before Rhode Island Comic Con in November! I'll post more (costume) progress when I have something to report!

Here are some updates on my second arm. I have not done a full suit up yet. I now have the set up for the T-shirt covering the shoulder with poncho. I have the ripped t shirt and exposed shoulder with poncho, and the ripped shirt and shemagh. Looking to get a sentry plate carrier and the under armor shirt and make the half cape to cover all the different cable looks from the movie.
Here is the final version of the shoulder. I have seen some screen caps and this is as close as I think I can get it.

Here it is being worn. I need to reposition the lights a little further inside and I have a plan to hide the wir

I have added some more cables at the top of the bicep to cover the gap where the undershirt can be seen. no pics of that just yet.

Ohhhhhh YES!!! Literally JUST want I needed!

Thanks so much for these pics!!!

Hi everyone, looking for some opinions and input regarding the chest rig. I'm leaning toward the plate carrier look and am considering either the Condor Sentry or the Yakeda VT 1099. Appearance wise the Condor looks the closest but the Yakeda looks slightly smaller which is important aesthetically for me as I'm what you would call, undertall :) If I wear that Condor it's likely to cover my entire upper body and make me look short (which I am).

Lastly, if I do go with the Yakeda does anyone know where I can get one other than Amazon? I'm in Australia and Amazon no longer ship here due to tax issues. The Amazon Australia store only has the cam version and the only other place I can see it for sale is some dodgy looking Russian site.

Hi everyone, looking for some opinions and input regarding the chest rig. I'm leaning toward the plate carrier look and am considering either the Condor Sentry or the Yakeda VT 1099. Appearance wise the Condor looks the closest but the Yakeda looks slightly smaller which is important aesthetically for me as I'm what you would call, undertall :) If I wear that Condor it's likely to cover my entire upper body and make me look short (which I am).

Lastly, if I do go with the Yakeda does anyone know where I can get one other than Amazon? I'm in Australia and Amazon no longer ship here due to tax issues. The Amazon Australia store only has the cam version and the only other place I can see it for sale is some dodgy looking Russian site.

I had bought the Yakeda vest, but it turned out too small for me, so it's now sitting in a storage box in the garage. Would you like me to take a picture of it, see if it's the version you're looking for?

I had bought the Yakeda vest, but it turned out too small for me, so it's now sitting in a storage box in the garage. Would you like me to take a picture of it, see if it's the version you're looking for?

That'd be great, thanks :) For reference I'm about 5'7" I believe Brolin is 5'10"

What in the world....Damn Malibu139 this is beyond words. The best Cable arm build I’ve seen. And I’ve looked at a lot of builds. Your build is the best one.

Bountys Hunted said:
viewpost-right.png

That'd be great, thanks :) For reference I'm about 5'7" I believe Brolin is 5'10"

I'll get it for you! I think it'll be perfect for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Bountys Hunted said: https://www.therpf.com/images/styles/prometheus/buttons/viewpost-right.png

Dax said:
viewpost-right.png

I'll get it for you! I think it'll be perfect for you

Here it is - I'm 5' 10" and it was too small for me

Yakeda 1.jpgYakeda 2.jpgYakeda 3.jpg

Dax said:
viewpost-right.png

Yakeda 1.jpg

Yakeda 2.jpg

Yakeda 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back