ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I love it and all. I’m just annoyed it took so long for something like this to be shipped to me. It’s nicely built. Pretty solid considering the way these things are assembled. It has nice velcro padding you can move around to get a good fit. Not as shiny as I had hoped but still nice. Perfectly wonky.

I don’t have anything other than a Hasbro black series and a FPH2 Boba Fett to compare it to.

Get a RS Prop Masters or a CfO and you'll find out the differences right away.

It´s hard to discuss such stuff if the differencies need to be explained.

The originals were really bad made, crappy describes it very good. But the "original look hardliners" love the ugly look of that.
Some others love total cleaned stuff, that looks not like the originals but is also not that wonky and without their surface irregularities.

The Anovos is something in between, it is wonky, close to the original shape, but still sanitized to look more clean.
While i appreciate the originals, i would not really like to have one on display in my livingroom - that´s why i bought the Anovos, too. For me it´s the best of both worlds.

The Anovos TK lid is overly sharp and slightly incorrect in shape on the left hand side eye. Im not sure why they have a slight bump there. And I am also not sure why they painted the Stunt mouth(8 holes) hero style, it looks so odd.

To each their own I guess. Personally as soon as you start removing imperfections or sharpening things it starts not looking like the stormtrooper I've come to love. Things start glaringly standing out and I can't get past them. Although I think the Anovos is great for trooping which I what most have it for. :)

Ben

To each their own I guess. Personally as soon as you start removing imperfections or sharpening things it starts not looking like the stormtrooper I've come to love. Things start glaringly standing out and I can't get past them. Although I think the Anovos is great for trooping which I what most have it for. :)

Ben

100% in agreement with you.

Personally speaking, the Sandtroopers on Tatooine in ANH are the most imperfectly perfect representation of what Stormtroopers are to me.

Cheers

Jez

Wow - this coming Halloween is fixin to be the 3rd missed Halloween with my money somewhere gone and no Kylo costume. 3rd. And if it is here any time in October likely no time for tailoring which would be on them, Anovos, too. Is this a sick joke?

Did anyone else randomly get an old invoice emailed to them from Anovos today? They just sent me a bill for my officer uniform... from 2016. And it was paid for. The heck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone else randomly get an old invoice emailed to them from Anovos today? They just sent me a bill for my officer uniform... from 2016. And it was paid for. The heck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got two myself.
Item #'s & dates don't match my original invoices.
Going by prices on these -just received- invoices, one was for the Vader helmet? & the other was for the Imperial Officers Caps?
Very strange. I did email them.

Both of the, newly received, invoices had dates from 2016.... but I didn't buy anything IN 2016. I purchased the Vader helmet in 2014, & the Imperial Officer Caps in 2015.

Same here - TK kit originally ordered in 2014 and Officers Cap from 2015, both invoices dated "1/16/2016". Just got mail from Anovos - Software update went sideways, disregard.

Is it my imagination or do Anovos add a few dollars to their stuff just before one of their many sales? I just don’t remember the AT-ACT helmet being $595 on its release. Or maybe it’s just my age?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back