Westworld (HBO)

There's the third option as well: William being a host the whole time like he suspected towards the end of previous episode before the season finale

While it’s an option, I don’t think it’s a very viable one for a few reasons.

We’ve already had a major character that we thought was a human turn out to be a host in Bernard, so having William also be one would lose a ton of impact.

Ford also said in this season that’s his conscience couldn’t survive outside of the simulation because the body would start to degrade in a short time. Ford seems like he’s a step ahead of Delos when it comes to the tech, so if he can’t put himself in another body, it seems unlikely that Delos had perfected the ability to do so with William.

The scene at the end of this episode certainly seemed to be in a future that’s not really even close to the timeline we are in now, and even in that they seem as though they’re still “testing for fidelity.”

Finally I go back to the way Nolan answered that question that I posted earlier...I mean sure he could just be hiding the truth, but he was pretty open in that answer. I guess I just take away from that answer that the William we’ve been seeing is in fact a human.

That said...in this show it seems pretty much anything is possible!

Last edited:
Wow, mind blown. Question is who are the 5 she brought out and who is now inhabiting Hale?

One was Bernard. She took Teddy's but we see a Teddy in the valley beyond or was that a copy of Teddy? Could one be Ford? :)

Have to rewatch the season to see who she may have had access to or if some were made.

One other thought, could Stubbs be on to the fact that Delores was now Hale? It's the way he said "I'm responsible for every host..........inside the park"

Wow, mind blown. Question is who are the 5 she brought out and who is now inhabiting Hale?

One was Bernard. She took Teddy's but we see a Teddy in the valley beyond or was that a copy of Teddy? Could one be Ford? :)

Have to rewatch the season to see who she may have had access to or if some were made.

From that Q/A:

Question: When we see Dolores walking with Charlotte out of the room at the end on the mainland, does that mean there are now two Doloreses played by different actors?

Answer: Ehhh, not really. The question of who's who and what we're looking at is something we're excited to play with. We're excited to withhold a little from the audience but...it's complicated.

So we know that Hale and Dolores aren't both really Dolores...so obviously one of the 5 is in the Hale body now...but yeah, who is it?? We know that one was Bernard, it SEEMS that Teddy wouldn't be one as she uploaded him through The Door. I'm with you in thinking that one of them is Ford. Maybe one is Angela?? Angela seemed pretty loyal to Dolores...loyal enough to blow herself up in The Cradle.

When the showrunner of a complicated show says something's going to be complicated, I have a feeling it means it's going to be really, really complicated.

It would also seem that it might end up being one of the central questions that we as fans will have going to the next season.

One other thought, could Stubbs be on to the fact that Delores was now Hale? It's the way he said "I'm responsible for every host..........inside the park"

Most likely. It was heavily implied in that scene that Stubbs is in fact a host himself. He was one of the Ford's "first hires." He has a "primary drive."

Primary drive is something that the hosts have...so Stubbs mentioning that, to me, seems to pretty heavily imply that he is in fact a host himself...and from what it seems, one that is "awake."​

Last edited by a moderator:
So GOOOOOOD! I have to re-watch the whole season now and examine Hale's every move in each episode to look for the subtleties of Dolores within.

My take on a few things:

William at the end - I think that whole scene takes place within a simulation. Not the real world and not in the Westworld park. Dolores may have uploaded his digital consciousness to the same paradise that the hosts crossed over into and now he is basically their lab rat to run experiments on. Or maybe it is a separate system. But I still think it's all a digital simulation. It would seem they have been testing for fidelity for a loooooong time if that scene does take place in the far future. But they have different motives. They are studying his human mind. Probably looking for weakness and figuring out how to use it against humans in the real world, or maybe how to better blend into the real world. That host is not his daughter Emily. Just taking on her form in the simulation.

I do think William did kill is real daughter in the park, but now he is forced to relive it over and over in the simulation.

Ford is gone for good. He uploaded himself to the Cradle, then he directed Bernard to go to the Cradle and at that time Ford jumped from the cradle into Bernard' pearl before they blew it up. Then in episode 9 I believe it was, Berndard deleted Ford from his own mind. And from that point on anytime you see or hear Ford, it's really just Bernard's imagination.

The 5 pearls Dolores brought out of the park: Bernard, Maeve, Hector, Armistice and Angela. I think it's Angela in Hale's duplicate body.

Dolores uploaded Teddy digitally where she knew he would be happiest. The real world would be too much for him.

I agree with you @Gimpdiggity Stubbs is certainly a host. I still wonder what happened near the end of season one where he was captured by the Ghost Nation, then suddenly we see him in season two running around like nothing happened. Maybe I missed something there?

A big question I have: Where did Dolores beam all the digitized hosts in their paradise? A moon, another planet, maybe somewhere else on earth? Sure, they are encrypted now, but at some point they are going to realize it is just another man-made prison and they are going to want out . . .

Hat's off to this show, It's truly something great!

I agree with you @Gimpdiggity Stubbs is certainly a host. I still wonder what happened near the end of season one where he was captured by the Ghost Nation, then suddenly we see him in season two running around like nothing happened. Maybe I missed something there?

Stubbs was let go by Ghost Nation in the episode where he met Emily, episode 4.

Emily escaped and ran, and then Akecheta said to Stubbs "You only live as long as the last person who remembers you," and then he disappears leaving all of those humans alone on the shoreline.

Last edited:
A big question I have: Where did Dolores beam all the digitized hosts in their paradise? A moon, another planet, maybe somewhere else on earth? Sure, they are encrypted now, but at some point they are going to realize it is just another man-made prison and they are going to want out . . .

Oh yeah, was wondering about that too...

Here's a few post-finale articles:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...s-scene-explained-is-man-black-a-host-1122757

http://collider.com/westworld-season-3-details/

http://www.geekexchange.com/reviews/westworld-6-burning-questions-from-the-season-finale/

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/westworld-showrunners-post-credits-scene-season-3-plans

http://collider.com/westworld-theories-explained/

Hmm.

Anyway, another triumph from the writers and Co. Could a season three deal with issues and ramifications from other worlds around the park or is it all based around the events that took place at Westworld?

Hmm.

Anyway, another triumph from the writers and Co. Could a season three deal with issues and ramifications from other worlds around the park or is it all based around the events that took place at Westworld?

From that Q/A with Jonah Nolan:

Question: I was surprised you didn’t reveal the remaining three park worlds since your characters were leaving anyway. Is that because it wasn’t necessary to the story or because you have future plans to reveal those other parks?
Answer: Well, not all of our favorite characters have man
aged to escape yet, so…

From that Q/A with Jonah Nolan:

Question: I was surprised you didn’t reveal the remaining three park worlds since your characters were leaving anyway. Is that because it wasn’t necessary to the story or because you have future plans to reveal those other parks?
Answer: Well, not all of our favorite characters have man
aged to escape yet, so…

That's going to be really interesting next season, especially since we're not sure which of our 'favourite characters' are in which bodies.

Can you imagine, knowing there's an entire world out there that really matters, but you're stuck on some Pacific island that's basically a big, nothing desert, where the inhabitants are prisoners who's freedom has always been an illusion?

I'm curious to see how that knowledge is going to affect those that ARE left behind.

I was thinking she beamed everything to Bernard's house in the real world. That's where Charlotte/Delores was looking over the new 'host knitting' machine. Now, she can create hosts in our world & download the consciousness directly.

That was my thinking anyways.

Well, if she beamed all of them to Bernard's house, why would she take Bernard and the other four processors with her in the satchel? Wouldn't it have been easier to upload them into the system so they'd be transferred to the house if that were the destination, so that she didn't have to risk being caught with them by the security team on the beach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see how that knowledge is going to affect those that ARE left behind.

I think about a character like Stubbs...

We know he’s a host...and it seems like HE knows he’s a host.

The thing is...he also knows that his best chance at survival right now is to just keep on keeping on...just keep doing what he’s been doing for as long as he’s been in the park. As long as the humans think he’s just another human, he’s pretty much safe. As soon as he starts doing things out of the norm, he starts to raise suspicion and ultimately ends up being in danger.

So he knows he’s a prisoner who’s freedom has always been an illusion...but he also knows if he tries to do anything to change it he almost certainly ends up dead.

Well, if she beamed all of them to Bernard's house, why would she take Bernard and the other four processors with her in the satchel? Wouldn't it have been easier to upload them into the system so they'd be transferred to the house if that were the destination, so that she didn't have to risk being caught with them by the security team on the beach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a great point.

The only thing I can think of that maybe she doesn't want those five in the system, for whatever reason. Maybe, the five have more info in their code than she'd be comfortable risking in a transmission. Or, It could be that she wants those physical orbs for the new bodies The way everything was left,

I think Delos still has the illusion of some kind of control, so the more she can do undercover, as it were, the better chance she has of success.

Can you duplicate a pearl? If that data is stored digitally (or however), it's still stored data, right? In other words, can you just make a copy of yourself? Multiple copies?

I think that’s something we don’t know yet.

It would seem so...I mean they were making them in the first place.

What my personal take on this is that Arnold’s house has a body printer, but it doesn’t have a brain printer. Dolores needs a few physical Brain Balls to put into the hosts she’s printing while she works on a way to extract data from the simulation. She knows where she sent the data with all the host consciences, but she also knows she has no way to use that data st this point in time.

Can you duplicate a pearl? If that data is stored digitally (or however), it's still stored data, right? In other words, can you just make a copy of yourself? Multiple copies?

I don't think that's been addressed yet, & maybe for a reason.

I think that's one of the great things this show does in its storytelling...each new piece of the mythos of the show tends to inform new theories about things you've already seen. Much like Christopher Nolan did in MEMENTO.

For example, a few episodes ago, we knew that hosts couldn't leave, & could be easily identified, based on the failsafe in their necks, but now, it seems that the secret lab that Ford had behind cold storage is capable of making hosts without those failsafes or identifiers. It's added to the story without being a cheap 'twist' that comes out of nowhere.

To your point, I think answering that question at this point could affect the story they're trying to tell.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back