Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

Maybe I'm not clear, sorry.
I mean that there is a recess area in the fabric where the swoosh is supposed to be and on both sides the swoosh is not perfectly centered in this gap.
You can see it when you zoom.

I'll see if the next pair is better or not...

OK. I can't see that level of detail in the pics.

Hopefully that will help you decide if that is the right pair for you. And if it isn't, I hope you find one that is.

-Nick

LOL. They are shoes, not a partner for life.

And yes, I think we all need to take a deep breath in and accept these are CHINESE MADE REPLICAS, not the REAL SHOE from NIKE. I don't think you will get 100% perfection at this price point.

And yes, I think we all need to take a deep breath in and accept these are CHINESE MADE REPLICAS, not the REAL SHOE from NIKE. I don't think you will get 100% perfection at this price point.
That's what I've been saying from the beginning, but everyone wants something else. So if someone is happy to keep going through pair after pair, who am I to stop them? :lol I already have my pair, so it's no skin off my back.

...and my girlfriend thinks I love the shoes more than I love her, so I'm not so sure about them NOT being a partner for life. haha

-Nick

That's what I've been saying from the beginning, but everyone wants something else. So if someone is happy to keep going through pair after pair, who am I to stop them? :lol I already have my pair, so it's no skin off my back.

...and my girlfriend thinks I love the shoes more than I love her, so I'm not so sure about them NOT being a partner for life. haha

-Nick

For some of us, this has a been a life long pursuit ;)

When I order, I can only hope my pair looks this good

attachment.php

Last edited:
My swoosh is SUPER misaligned from that indent (Like 50% of the width of the swoosh)...and in normal use it cannot be seen at all.
The QC photos are lit by oblique sunlight which accentuates folds and creases. It's why the ribs look so defined. Make whatever call is right for you, but I haven't been able to see my misalignment unless I get my face right up against the shoes. Hopefully that will help you decide if that is the right pair for you. And if it isn't, I hope you find one that is.
-Nick

I know what you mean. On one of mine, the swoosh is one, maybe one and a half mm lower than the other, so you can see the outline of the indent. But hardly. That was the only 'bad' thing I noticed about mine, so I accepted the QC pics and got them sent. But even on genuine Nikes things aren't perfect. My grape Air Max BW's I bought earlier in the year (from a foot locker) have dodgy looking paint on the midsole. Couldn't even stay exactly inside the indent line that was supposed to be the area the paint stops.
My biggest 'complaint' about the MAGs is why they couldn't have been made right after the movie came out. They would have sold so many, even if the lighting had to be replaced by painted panels under the clear so they could actually be worn back then. Everyone's fine with the jumpman under the clear sole of a Jordan 5, for instance......

Hahaha! Mark, you just killed me with this one!
It tooks me more than 10 years to propose :) Maybe that's my problem: ask myself too many questions...

Thanks for the advise anyway guys

My biggest 'complaint' about the MAGs is why they couldn't have been made right after the movie came out. They would have sold so many, even if the lighting had to be replaced by painted panels under the clear so they could actually be worn back then. Everyone's fine with the jumpman under the clear sole of a Jordan 5, for instance......

It was either back in late 1989 or early 1990, there was a Footlocker (not there anymore) down a set of stairs from the Queen Street Mall and they had AIR PRESSURE (where I bought mine) and this "other version" (on display) that I have not seen images of since. Maybe they were custom, not sure.

They looked like the AIR PRESSURE except that the pump was translucent blue and the strap had raised NIKE on it with blue paint on the raised letters.
AIR PRESSURE are white with grey and I can't remember if these were also white with grey or not. I just remember thinking how cool they looked without the NIKE AIR logo not embroidered into the tongue like the AIR PRESSURES. I'm sure the strap was grey with the blue letters. I also remember the price being $360. That and REEBOK's "The Pump" were about the tallest hi-tops at the time with NIKE AIR PRESSURE being a tough taller.

If NIKE had released MAGs back then, they would have just had painted areas for the lights and I would suggest the shoes would have been leather, not cloth. Now way would they add EL as EL was pretty much a new product back then.

Before the MAG in 2011, the 1989 AIR PRESSURE was their most expensive shoe.

I picked up my plug converter from jaycar. Cost $9. Luckily the closest jaycar to me is a 5 minute drive so I picked one up as soon as I got my kicks, but mine came with no charge out of the box so needed one straight away

Cool, thanks, I'll try them. My local shopping centre only had the converters for taking Australian appliances to overseas plugs (the opposite of what I need)

Edit : Thanks for the info. Jaycar isn't in an area I'd normally go, but they had what I needed. V3's seem to be charging nicely now. :D

Last edited:
Cool, thanks, I'll try them. My local shopping centre only had the converters for taking Australian appliances to overseas plugs (the opposite of what I need)

Edit : Thanks for the info. Jaycar isn't in an area I'd normally go, but they had what I needed. V3's seem to be charging nicely now. :D

No worries. Didn't have to venture into Sunshine did ya? :p

What a guess! :D
Don't like my chances for anyone else on the west side having V3s. Never even seen anyone else with the V2s. Even at a con. Not that I've been to that many....

Ha ha that's gold. Had to be if it wasn't a place you normally would go. Nice though man wear em with pride :thumbsup

Have u gotten new pics?

so to all who owe this shoes:
i ordered 9.5 for more comfy
but am actually 9.0 US
will the lightness of the fabric really aftect anything
i didnt approve the pair i was given for qc pics so i can still order 9.0

You ordered a 9.5 when you wear a size 9? It seems the shoes already run like half a size large. I have been ordering half a size smaller then my actual size and they fit well. When measuring the insoles of standard shoes Vans, Jordans ect. these Mags are consistently 1/2" larger.

You ordered a 9.5 when you wear a size 9? It seems the shoes already run like half a size large. I have been ordering half a size smaller then my actual size and they fit well. When measuring the insoles of standard shoes Vans, Jordans ect. these Mags are consistently 1/2" larger.

hmm
well i just let them know if they have 9.0 available to let me know, since they will have to reorder i guess since i did not approve
so ur saying 9.5 US is more like 10?
Is that accurate everyone?

and yea i did order 9.5 because i have two other nike shoes that size and they fit ok( they didnt have 9.0 when i orderrd)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back