Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

It's the best pair so far in the QC but worried there looks to be a dark mark on the left puffy collar and the ticks are badly aligned. I can't tell if the soles are yellowed
The soles are a bit yellowed, but that's going to happen regardless.

I'd imagine that the factory where these are produced just have a ton of them (both loose soles and completed shoes) sitting out in the open and the exposure to light is causing them all to yellow at a different rate based on where in the room they're being stored/piled.

Mine are still pretty clear, but I was an early adopter (or should that be "risk taker") and have only had them out of the box 3 times and 2 of those times were at night. So the soles are still really nice. Do I expect them to yellow? Absolutely. It's just a matter of time before it happens to all of our shoes, so I wouldn't necessarily make that a sticking point when looking at the QC photos.

Im really on the fence about this pair tbh , If it had been one thing or another then id say I would have accepted but its just pushing me that little over to not accepting with the combination of the soles , misaligned ticks and if that is a mark on the collar.

The soles are a bit yellowed, but that's going to happen regardless.

I'd imagine that the factory where these are produced just have a ton of them (both loose soles and completed shoes) sitting out in the open and the exposure to light is causing them all to yellow at a different rate based on where in the room they're being stored/piled.

Mine are still pretty clear, but I was an early adopter (or should that be "risk taker") and have only had them out of the box 3 times and 2 of those times were at night. So the soles are still really nice. Do I expect them to yellow? Absolutely. It's just a matter of time before it happens to all of our shoes, so I wouldn't necessarily make that a sticking point when looking at the QC photos.

I want the best for the money I am investing

That's the problem right there. This is NOT an investment. They're replicas.

When I purchased mine, I knew that it was something that fulfilled a childhood dream and understood that the minute the money left my bank account I'd never recoup any of it. That's sort of the deal with prop making/collecting. If you're in it to make money, you've chosen the wrong way to make money.

That said, I agree that there needs to be much higher levels of quality control from the factory - but also realized that the factory that makes these shoes is an illegal operation and is not subject to the same rules as other legally operating entities. We're technically all funding illicit underworld activity. Shame on us!

So the moral of the story is you either need to be ok with spending $600 on something that may break immediately after purchase but makes you happy as a collector of replica props OR you need to start saving up to buy the RDs which are subject to the same issues but at a much higher price.

- - - Updated - - -

Im really on the fence about this pair tbh , If it had been one thing or another then id say I would have accepted but its just pushing me that little over to not accepting with the combination of the soles , misaligned ticks and if that is a mark on the collar.

The misaligned swoosh alone would cause me to decline them. That's the most glaring issue for me.

I for one think it's perfectly acceptable to call out faults which one believes should not exist in higher end replicas in an attempt to influence the maker to address the problems. Asking someone not to expect perfection and to stop complaining would make perfect sense if we were talking about the $100 HC version of the shoes. But for $600, we're in a different league and no one should have misaligned swooshes and other easily-correctable faults on a $600 pair of shoes.

When folks who have their shoes already ask others (who would like to see some improvements made before pulling the trigger on buying a pair) to quiet down or "go buy real Mags then," it sounds like these folks would prefer foregoing the quite normal process of providing feedback on initial versions of a replica to a manufacturer, just so no one rains on their parade of buying the initial versions with a few faults.

I for one just want to feel that I am truly getting a $600 pair of shoes. Opinions obviously vary on what we should be able to expect for $600. I get that. But I have no problem hearing members happy with the shoes as-is say just that, and it would be nice if these members were also perfectly ok with those of us preferring a few improvements to say this.

Im all for calling out faults. But reread his posts. They're berating other members and making snide comments about people paying for their shoes with "mom's money."

If you want to say "hey these are close, but the only thing keeping me from buying them is X, Y, and Z," that's one thing but blaming members who enjoy their purchase for working against his goals is just silly.

-Nick

Im all for calling out faults. But reread his posts. They're berating other members and making snide comments about people paying for their shoes with "mom's money."

If you want to say "hey these are close, but the only thing keeping me from buying them is X, Y, and Z," that's one thing but blaming members who enjoy their purchase for working against his goals is just silly.

-Nick

I don't think folks who think these are great deal for $600 OR those who think they need a few changes to rise to that level of worth should be derided in any way. But just as I feel a snide comment such as "paying with Mom's money" is wrong, I feel that saying to people who feel some faults should be corrected that "No one is forcing you to buy them...just go buy the real Mags then" can also be interpreted as snide and disrespectful to concerns they feel are legitimate. A little more respect for each other's opinions, and allowance of contary opinions to be expressed, would be great on both sides. :thumbsup

Do I expect them to yellow? Absolutely. It's just a matter of time before it happens to all of our shoes

IMG_20160818_173336.jpg

Left one, Chinese knockoff, right one official Nike. Bought the same month. Do I expect the official one to turn yellow? Sure, but not so quickly..and they come from the same factory probably. Ask someone who has the RD if they turned yellow after 2 years. I don't expect the V3 to not turn yellow in 2 years time but neither that quickly for that price. Many people in this forum show you that there are many ways to make them better and they do that from their bedrooms.

Dminor said:
This is NOT an investment. They're replicas.
I don't really get what you are saying. RD or replicas are still an investment you make. You buy the replicas cause they are cheaper than the RD, pay less and expect some problems. Here we don't know how much Nike would sell them cause they came out with an auction but they throw on the market the replicas with a price tag way more expensive than any sneaker release. So yes, so far they are still a bad investment to me until they drop the price to $300 or improve the quality.

@TheNickFox no problem at all mate. I still believe forums are a way to raise the awareness about a specific matter, it is normal to have different opinions.

Btw did any of the modders here had the idea to mod the Nike Shibusa? They could be the low version of the Mags, lol.
https://www.footlocker.co.uk/en/p/nike-air-shibusa-men-shoes-9797?v=314105864004

Last edited:
I don't really get what you are saying. RD or replicas are still an investment you make. You buy the replicas cause they are cheaper than the RD, pay less and expect some problems. Here we don't know how much Nike would sell them cause they came out with an auction but they throw on the market the replicas with a price tag way more expensive than any sneaker release. So yes, so far they are still a bad investment to me until they drop the price to $300 or improve the quality.

An investment assumes that the intention is to profit off the purchase of an item. Something that has sentimental value is typically not an investment and as far as I can tell, most RPF members do it for the sentimental value with little to no intention of making money. So by definition our intentions and expectation are different, which may explain why there are so many of us who are happy with what we've gotten, even with its flaws and price tag.

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered them yesterday...

I would hit up David and ask to get refunded the difference or cancel and reorder.

An investment assumes that the intention is to profit off the purchase of an item. Something that has sentimental value is typically not an investment and as far as I can tell, most RPF members do it for the sentimental value with little to no intention of making money. So by definition our intentions and expectation are different, which may explain why there are so many of us who are happy with what we've gotten, even with its flaws and price tag.

From wikipedia: To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future

SOME benefits, in my case having the shoes not yellowing after 4 weeks.
I am not a sneaker trader and I would never re-sell something like this. I would probably kiss them everyday before going to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
From wikipedia: To invest is to allocate money (or sometimes another resource, such as time) in the expectation of some benefit in the future

SOME benefits, in my case having the shoes not yellowing after 4 weeks.
I am not a sneaker trader and I would never re-sell something like this. I would probably kiss them everyday before going to bed.

O.k., I understand what you're saying. I still think the word investment has a more direct implied definition than how you're using it. But I get what you mean. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry mate it is not a matter of taste and opinion. What I am saying is totally right. I speak up and complain about these things because I want the best for the money I am investing, and we are not talking about $100. Coincidentally after my post "David" started to assure everyone that the new batch will get better and he came out with the lighting problem. Maybe you should do the same in order to avoid paying someone else in a month time to replace your yellow soles or faulty ELs because your brand new mags now look like they really are from the 80s. I cannot understand people saying "oh well, one of the light stopped working after 1 week...I'll buy another pair". Even if you are rich or you mom gave you the money, it just doesn't make sense.
If people are still buying them it is only because they value their investment through the hype. You have been waiting for 30 years, I guess you can wait another month or two to get what you are paying for, am I right?
Keep in mind that I am doing this because if I don't then they will never improve them, and you should do the same.

Then don't buy the shoe..it's really that simple. Why are you complaining about other people's money and purchases? A lot of these guys were modding the V2 which paying for the v2 and then paying someone to mod them came up to more than 600. Ppl modify shoes all the time, real or fake. If you really want to bash the shoe create a separate thread. You're going so hard when no one is forcing you to buy it. I never bought a V2 I as waiting for the V3 and when it came out I bought it. I read the V2 thread allllll the time and never would I come in telling ppl they're not worth the $200 even though they werent worth it to me. That's my opinion not everyone's opinion, let them do what they want with it lol. And if you were buying A, AA, AAA quality fakes that must've been a while ago and quality was extremely poor.

Of course this shoe isn't going to last years and years like the real pair. But at 1/10th the cost I'm cool with something that looks 90-95% spot on. The shoe is extremely durable (ask those who have tried to take them apart) aside from electronics.

Hahaha, love it! That was good to read. I might be the odd one out. I got the Mark Poon Mags years ago after wishing the MAGs existed since I saw Part 2. (disappointed I couldn't wear them as my feet were a bit too big) but kept them, packed away in a box. Never even got around to putting the decals on. Then the V1's appeared. I think I have about 6 or more of those, but then when the V2s came out I snagged them too as they were better. Got 4 of those now. Made some minor mods to one pair of them since being on the RPF, finally got the V3's, love them and am saving up for a second pair. Maybe I'm a bit too easy-going, but at the time, all of them were good enough - more a case of 'cool, it finally exists'. Admittedly the V3's definitely given me the best feeling even though I've not had a chance to wear them anywhere yet. I'm expecting the lights to fail one day, and that's okay. I work with electronics and see them fail all the time for no reason, let alone having stresses applied on connections or constant flexing breaking wires. When it fails, maybe I'll go to GITD or something. I'm just happy the V3 exists and I can have something so close to the MAGs I've been wanting since about 1990 or so. Sure, it'd be nice for them to be cheaper, but they were only a little more than the graphics card in my computer, not even the whole PC. Or maybe the price of 3 pairs of Jordans. And new things are always expensive. just look at some expensive mobile (cell) phones people can drop and instantly break. You'll have the V3's much longer than that!
Anyway, it's a case of me deciding the Vs were good for me, and getting them, and everyone else can make their own call, with their own money. I'm hoping one day to see someone else in Melbourne with the V3s and giving them a high 5. :)
(oh, by the way, I never got rid of any of the versions of MAGs lol)

You should take a pic of all of them in order of oldest to newest like the evolution picture in science books lol

Your best bet is to wait it out a few months as these will become more and more common, so the price may go down.
I'm not holding my breath for that to happen. Don't think that will happen soon if ever.

Thank you for your support all the time, we just set Nike Air Mag special into 499usd, free shipping as always, and pls remember 30 days exchange or refund guarantee in our store.

Um....

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back