My Mk. 42 build, new STL files for upper arm section

Wow amazing finish!! could you share how you attached the fingers and how the led is setup? Where did you get the inner glove?

and thx again for the files OP!

They're all attached with elastic just like the original in this thread. The LED is a sheet of acrylic that I cut to shape to fit inside the main repulsor housing, which is backlit by 4 super bright white LEDs housed in a 3d printed casing. The batteries and switch for the repulsor are in the main forearm piece, it's a big part so there's plenty of room for some AAA's in there. I sewed the glove myself, that was one of the hardest parts of the build actually, I must have made at least 7 until I got one I was super happy with, had the correct amount of padding in all the right places and such.

The MK 42 Helmet came out nicely! On to the filler and sanding. Already have most of the electronics going in here.
20160320_211527_resized.jpg
20160320_211624_resized.jpg
20160320_211659_resized.jpg
20160320_211712_resized.jpg

Thank you for sharing these files. I just started printing off the fingers today on my new 3D printer and they look pretty freaking amazing. I just now need to find where to purchase the rest of the files. My printer said it was going to take 10.5 hours to just do a palm piece. About 3 hours per finger thus far. Can't wait to see the finished product since this is my first 3D build.

I think so, if you need more reference images you can also check my thread where I build the Mark 43 helmet, there I used the same colors as well.

I think so, if you need more reference images you can also check my thread where I build the Mark 43 helmet, there I used the same colors as well.

Thanks again. That helmet looks amazing. Now is there a certain "automotive primer" I need to use?

I'm just wondering, how exactly do you sand/polish a clear coat? I've tried sanding a clear coat with like 2000 grit sandpaper extremely lightly, and it completely destroys the clearness and makes it look rough. Any tips?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back