Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I feeling a sense of deja vu?

- - - Updated - - -
So it a scam then?

image.jpeg

Yeah, come on, not a SINGLE thing is off about the shoes. Check out what I just got from "Jenny." I asked her for a shot of the inside of the shoes (To see the tag and seams) and she over delivered with a shot... OF THE BOX! (Which is clearly worn at the hinge. Like it was – say – 4 years old) The tooth of the fabric is identical. The slight contrast between the tongue pleather and the binding around the edge is EXACT. Even the cardboard insert doesn't have a damn thing wrong with it. If you buy these and expect to receive the pictured shoes, I've got a bridge to sell you.

RUN!

IMG_4558.JPGIMG_4557.JPGIMG_4556.JPG

-Nick

PS: Brad, I couldn't leave you to have ALL the fun here by yourself.

Last edited:
Yeah, come on, not a SINGLE thing is off about the shoes. Check out what I just got from "Jenny." I asked her for a shot of the inside of the shoes (To see the tag and seams) and she over delivered with a shot... OF THE BOX! (Which is clearly worn at the hinge. Like it was – say – 4 years old) The tooth of the fabric is identical. The slight contrast between the tongue pleather and the binding around the edge is EXACT. Even the cardboard insert doesn't have a damn thing wrong with it. If you buy these and expect to receive the pictured shoes, I've got a bridge to sell you.

RUN!

-Nick

PS: Brad, I couldn't leave you to have ALL the fun here by yourself.

Yeah but maybe,...just maybe these are perfect replicas and they used the old box that had from the shoes that they used to model these new replicas after. OR maybe, they've opened and closed the box so many times because they've had to take these shoes out for photos. OR maybe these were made a couple of years ago and they are just getting to us now...

C'mon guys, who's gonna send them their money? I want to add your AVATAR name to the "isms" of the RPF.

Yeah but maybe,...just maybe these are perfect replicas and they used the old box that had from the shoes that they used to model these new replicas after. OR maybe, they've opened and closed the box so many times because they've had to take these shoes out for photos. OR maybe these were made a couple of years ago and they are just getting to us now...

C'mon guys, who's gonna send them their money? I want to add your AVATAR name to the "isms" of the RPF.

Yeah, you're probably right. The knockoff factories suddenly care more about quality and accuracy than quick money. So who wants to send them their money first?

-Nick

PS: I updated my user title to suit my role here.

Yeah, you're probably right. The knockoff factories suddenly care more about quality and accuracy than quick money. So who wants to send them their money first?

-Nick

PS: I updated my user title to suit my role here.

It sucks when reality is such a downer.

Funny how this IG user is using the exact same shoes. Hmmmmm. I'm sure it's just a coincidence and that ALL these perfect replicas have all the same splatter.

image.png

Hang 10 @TheNickFox, even V2s have this inside.

Not in a manner identical to the original Mags. Again, it's not the fact that they HAVE a tag it's that a tag is one of those things that would be easy to screw up. If they're not familiar with the language, it gets even easier. Usually you'll find misspellings or things that just don't seem right.

In the world of magicians they have something called the "Too Perfect Theory" which basically states that if an effect is too perfect, if the audience can find no flaws, no reasonable explanation, then the audience will be forced to assume it is fake. That's what should apply here, but for some reason everyone loses their minds when it comes to BTTF. V3s never showed, Mr. Fusions never happened, and this scam has been run before. And every time...disappointment.

-Nick

PS: Her "expected date" to have pictures of any other sizes: December 1st. So yeah, don't hold your breath on this.

Last edited:
No but she said two weeks to you...

i rememebr wheb these V2's first came out and EVERY seller kept saying they should hear something in 2 weeks. I truly think the sound "two weeks" means "scam" in Chinese.

Hi I'm new to this forum discussion. Have started modding a pair of my own V2. Hopefully I'll have them finished for halloween. I've decided to go down the 9v power route following Taff83's instructions. I've got a few 9v mini inverters CL-IPTC-9v-3-7FT spare for sale. If your from the UK and don't want to pay the crazy $55.41 just for shipping plus duty + vat. Message me. I'm looking at £10 for each one delivered.

View attachment 537231

Ask for regular internationnal mail shipping the shipping will cost you nearly 12 $

Last edited by a moderator:
When I woke up this morning and saw 24 new messages on this thread, I knew something was happening.
But it seems to good to be true...
Yes, they do have the RD's, no doubt, but imagine that they can duplicate them so perfectly... I don't think so.
Even if the entire template of the RD is available here: http://solecollector.com/news/the-hardest-sneaker-to-retro-the-nike-air-mag/

Maybe we should create a kickstarter project to buy a first pair and see what we get, lol.
Everybody could put $10 in it.

And who gets the shoes?

Once I sort out the next few projects, I will be ready to take another go at the custom uppers using those patterns.

I have bought more silicone, and tomorrow will pour the mold for the new larger ankle bubbles. The mold should make 6 at a time as I have three pairs here on hand. Each will have the three slots on the back as well as a boarder to they don't fall out of the hole. Stay tuned for updates.

has anyone here bought anything at all from gogoyeezy before? And if so, how close was the product to the advertised picture? They have a white/silver Air Force 1 OG replica that looks promising, anyway $55 is a much cheaper guinea pig test to at least know if anything would arrive from them. Especially for us Australians who have to cringe at the current conversion rate for $US... gulp $700 US is $981 for us.
even if it ends up being an awesome replica, anyone need a kidney on the black market? lol.....someone with a better job than me will have to be the guinea pig. If I had enough spare money to just try this I'd already have bought 2 pairs of RD's years ago, one to display and one to wear haha.

(oh, and cavx, they have "authentic" jordan 8 bugs bunnys too) :D

I have doubts too but if it's a good enough replica.........

Here's a little before and after of the heelcup logo repaint to give you a bit of an idea this was from what i started.

20150903_100225.jpg20151006_120228.jpg

Today i will hunt the fake leather made for sailing, go to see the person that has the laser cut machine to cut the swooshes and see if the fake leather doesn't melt when it gets cutted.

Thank you cavx it isn't perfect but for a first try i'm quite happy.
I went to take the fake leather used for sailing, it looks very strong (like boats seats leather) and i will have it cutted tommorow.

20151006_155052.jpg20151006_155109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back