Mara Jade anyone??!!?

Not having seen the movie I can't say. I think they could bring Mara back, but only in the games/books. They could easily just erase her past with Luke since she existed pre-ROTJ. The downside is like Bryancd says the character has a lot of baggage. I still haven't seen anything about Lucas hating the character (c'mon post some quotes already! ;) ), but I think overall it might be hard for some of the really high profile Legends characters to be brought back in. It could be done though. So far, from the outside looking in, it looks like Disney is not looking to bring back the good SW authors (Zahn, Stackpole, etc.). I know the one I read (Aftermath I think) the author didn't seem to really know SW.

to me, the big hole with Rey being Luke's daughter is why did he drop her off on a random planet alone, instead of keeping her with him to constantly train? apparently his hiding spot has been really good for a couple decades so someone finding her wouldn't have been an issue, she would be way stronger in her abilities, and wouldn't be alone on a dangerous planet where anything could happen to her

Everyone has assumed that Luke has been gone for decades. I think he has only been gone for 10-15 at the most. Ren was most likely at least 18-20 when the KoR killed the Jedi trainees. Rey was probably 5-9. She is 19 now. While I think she is Luke's child, JJ may try to change it to surprise us, but he didn
t do a great job pretending the Benedict Cimberbatch was not Khan. It is going to be hard to try to "surprise" the fans with another "I am your father" scene, so just let it happen.

Last edited:
Not having seen the movie I can't say. I think they could bring Mara back, but only in the games/books. They could easily just erase her past with Luke since she existed pre-ROTJ. The downside is like Bryancd says the character has a lot of baggage. I still haven't seen anything about Lucas hating the character (c'mon post some quotes already! ;) ), but I think overall it might be hard for some of the really high profile Legends characters to be brought back in. It could be done though. So far, from the outside looking in, it looks like Disney is not looking to bring back the good SW authors (Zahn, Stackpole, etc.). I know the one I read (Aftermath I think) the author didn't seem to really know SW.

I know I'm sorry! It was on the ForceCast back in 2012 and they were interviewing one of the Robot Chicken guys!

I'm not getting to see the movie until Tuesday, so without spoiling it totally, do they ever say if there are any other Jedi than Luke? I can't see that the entire new order was wiped out. Luke had enough time to, at the very least, have a couple fully trained Jedi. Heck there were probably at least a few survivors of Order 66 that would pop back up once they heard about Luke.

I'm 100% convinced that Rey is Obi's granddaughter. A Kenobi trained Luke, now Luke is training a Kenobi. It will also be the second time a Kenobi has handed that saber to Luke.

Star Wars - Vader vs. kenobi
TFA and on - Vader grandson vs, Kenobi's granddaughter

Kylo also is carrying Rey's grandfather's namesake.

it won't matter who Rey's mom is, she's just the daughter of Kenobi who showed up at the Jedi Academy with her force sensitive daughter.

I have foreseen it!

Everyone is looking at Rey's parentage as an either/or thing, Skywalker or Kenobi. Why not both? Luke knocks up a daughter of Obi-Wan.

And this would excuse a few, um, "problems" with TFA - Rey would logically be Force-sensitive as hell. Probably the most Force-sensitive human to be born since Anakin.

Last edited:
Everyone is looking at Rey's parentage as an either/or thing, Skywalker or Kenobi. Why not both? Luke knocks up a daughter of Obi-Wan.

And this would excuse a few, um, "problems" with TFA - Rey would logically be Force-sensitive as hell. Probably the most Force-sensitive human to be born since Anakin.

I like that because Rey's grandmother could still be one of Padme's decoy hand maidens to explain why she looks like Padme so much. :p

to me, the big hole with Rey being Luke's daughter is why did he drop her off on a random planet alone, instead of keeping her with him to constantly train? apparently his hiding spot has been really good for a couple decades so someone finding her wouldn't have been an issue, she would be way stronger in her abilities, and wouldn't be alone on a dangerous planet where anything could happen to her

exactly! thats my problem too, why the heck would he leave her in the hands of that junk dealer... basically a slave...

this is why i wonder if she was dropped off by her mom, and when her mom returned to the academy she was murdered. maybe the mom never made it back to tell luke where she put her daughter... so maybe Luke doesn't even know where rey is... heck maybe he thinks she was murdered with the rest of the jedi

i really can't wait to see how they tie this all together

What if Phasma is the new Mara Jade?

Mark Hamill - 5'-9"

Gwendoline Christie - 6'-3"

Or, for a better comparison:
]
480311806-actors-gwendoline-christie-carrie-fisher-gettyimages.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back