Dragoncon 2015

Very excited for the meetup on Thursday! :D Still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear....

Though here's what I'm wearing for the weekend, so if you see me, feel free to say hi! :)
Lineup.jpg

So.... anyone who is going, if you want to have some fun and help a good cause, Aaron Douglas is doing another pub crawl to benefit the Lymphoma Research Foundation.

Here's the link to the Facebook event with the details: https://www.facebook.com/events/458541257660503/

I've always wanted to go the D*Con, but this makes me even sadder that I can't go this year. We had TONS of fun at the #FindChief event here in Seattle.

I'm rolling into D*C unexpectedly with another buddy of mine - we're both long term members on the RPF, but haven't been posting much recently. Will probably show up about an hour late, once we get checked in and whatnot. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

best,
-Raj

I'm rolling into D*C unexpectedly with another buddy of mine - we're both long term members on the RPF, but haven't been posting much recently. Will probably show up about an hour late, once we get checked in and whatnot. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

best,
-Raj

Find us on the Skyline level of the Marriott on the 10th Floor, if where not thier which we should be. Keep an eye out for the RPF Flag...We can't wait to meet you...

DET_0494.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be printing the final badges.

Been up early and staying up late to finish my costumes and two commissions.

Lots to do, but I made great progress over the weekend. Should be good to go by Wednesday.

Gonna get back to it.

Can't wait to see everyone.

JUST 3 MORE DAYS TILL I LEAVE

FYI That's not me in the pic

y9Z4kTO.jpg

So much left to do and I need to find time to pack inbetween the building

Attachments

• y9Z4kTO.jpg
    y9Z4kTO.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still debating whether I'll show up in costume (may depend on some work scheduling that day), but if I do, I'll be in my Femme Tony Stark gear. :)

Guri - Aw, thank you! Good eye, it IS a Catching Fire dress (inspired by her Parade dress once it's set on fire). It's all done with bleach! (and a tiny bit of painting around the edges just to blend out the edge of the bleach).

Here's a WIP pic of the jetpack for my Boba Fett / Rocketeer crossover.

2015-08-31 10.03.48.jpg

I attached all the googly eyes to create rivets. It certainly looks strange at this point with all the googly eyes on it.

Almost done. Most of the parts are painted. Should have all silver paint done today, and get it assembled, and maybe I'll get the harness attached too.

I'll be so happy when my costumes are done then I can have my apartment back :lol I got stuff everywhere right now.

EDIT: Forgot to attach the image. :facepalm

I'm still debating whether I'll show up in costume (may depend on some work scheduling that day), but if I do, I'll be in my Femme Tony Stark gear. :)

Guri - Aw, thank you! Good eye, it IS a Catching Fire dress (inspired by her Parade dress once it's set on fire). It's all done with bleach! (and a tiny bit of painting around the edges just to blend out the edge of the bleach).

It's a fantastic affect! I hope I get to see it in person. I'll be looking for you on Sunday for sure!

I'll be in costume at next year's meet-up. :p

--Jonah

Why no costume at this RPF meetup? :confused

What gives? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

helpfulnerd: I think I'll be Casey Jones Thursday and most of Friday. :)

Awesome! Can't wait to see that cosplay!

I take it's from the original TMNT from my childhood that I love so much?

Back when the turtles where people in suites with animatronics and not CGI? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

My husband was able to find us a room in the Marriott! So, no walking in the rain in our costumes for us now. :D This will make life so much easier...

Oh congrats. That's great news. Nothing worse than a wet costume.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back