Chappie Resource Thread

Anyone have a screen grab of the squeak-toy chicken? Because I think this might be it. (Found in a store local to me)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429483359.474095.jpg

Hey guys, this is my first post here. Just wanted to say that the pink gun that Yolandi uses is not a mac 10 as it says on imfdb, it's fairly obvious if you look at the trigger, the grip and the front sights that it's not. So i did some research and found out it's a Milkor BXP, a South African copy. It looks like the foldable stock and the tube around the barrel has been removed along with a few other minor modifications.

comparison.png

To the surprise of absolutely no one, the sticker book is being parted out.... I just wish I had the cash to throw down for a set.

I just wish the heist money lots on ebay would get cheaper.... $80 for five bills is ludicrous, given how many stacks of bills they made for the film. Compare that price to the pice of Elysium Amero sets.

-MJ

Dying to put together a chappie. Would hop on the sticker set if I didn't plan on scaling everything larger for a costume... hmm

Hi Guys,

I have a a number of Chappie movie prop robot bits and happy to supply any reference pics and measurements you may need.

IMG_2195.jpg IMG_2194.jpg

I realise the arm has blue pieces instead of orange, and it’s built on a prototype skeleton (silver not black) however as it is a movie prop I don’t want to paint the pieces.

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are incredible,
the amount of fantastic reference material is superb.
If only I had access to this level of material on some of my past project, life would have been so much easier,
but the research is half the fun of recreating some of the most iconic props of the past.
With all this research on hand it is making me want to put Chappy on my project list.
Thanks guys :)
again great work guys

Scout robot diagnostic kit.

View attachment 453995View attachment 453998View attachment 454002View attachment 453994View attachment 453997View attachment 454003View attachment 454000View attachment 453996View attachment 453999View attachment 454001

The antenna looks like a 8 dbi wifi antenna.

Looks like the label was made to cover the logo. I made a nice little freebie label as i assume they just use these things to cover other things too.
View attachment 454004

As a side note, I'm trying to get to the bottom of the ISBN mystery and the numbers happen to be the 9 digit zipcode of a town in Ohio.
http://www.zipcodecountry.com/usapostalcode/45865-9563,Ohio(OH),USA#.VQzxRo54rYg
Probably just a coincidence.

not sure if anyone still checks up on this thread, but i believe i have found the item used for the scout diagnostic kit, haven't seen anyone post this in any of the chappie threads. Was looking at the harbor freight brochure and saw the
AUTEL® MaxiDAS car diagnostic computer, its a bit pricey, but just throwing this out there for anyone motivated to make their own. a quick google search of the item should get you in the right direction. hope this helps.​

Hello, I'm new.
I'm actually building a 3D printed Chappie Head 1:1 scaled and I will be happy to share the files. Here's the side cover plate.
I've succesfully printed a first prototype and the printer is actually working 5 hours on a second with a better resolution and infill (0.2mm/30%). Thank's Caxack for the mesurement of your Chapie props parts!!!! That's really helpfull.
Next pieces will be the rabbits ears.
Tetravaal-plate-revD.png

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:956153

Tetravaal-plate-revD.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back