Still, one of the best TV scenes ever...

Actually, Miami Vice had a similar scene and it's been debated if the studio had them include the gun after the fact. Sonny would've shot the guy regardless...

Miami Vice "Deliver Us From Evil" (BEST ENDING) April 29, 1988. - YouTube

I've seen this episode many times, including when it was first broadcast and it still holds its own and has to be up there as one of the best scenes in the whole series and one of the best of any series. As far as I can recall, no TV show had ever had one of the leads do something like this, even if it was well deserved.

Hmm I don't remember this particular episode. I really think Magnum should have said a little something before shooting him: "It was your last" - BOOM

Magnum shot first

Actually, Miami Vice had a similar scene and it's been debated if the studio had them include the gun after the fact. Sonny would've shot the guy regardless...

I had forgotten about that. I do agree that I think Sonny would have shot the guy regardless and that everything we knew about Magnum said he would never do something like that which is what made it so powerful.

There was another episode where he went old-school sniper hunting someone down in some kind of vendetta, but in the end, he didn't take the shot. I need to watch that episode again. And this one, too.. I don't remember this one at all, so I don't know the context of their discussion or why Magnum felt it was justified in this case.

The other Episode was after Magnum's wife Michelle was killed. Magnum hunted down the Ex Viet Nam General who ordered the execution and then followed him to an island where he was going to be returned to Vietnam in an exchange.

USING his SEAL training, Magnum infiltrates the Navy Operation and learns the guy is being traded for a POW. Lined up for the shot at the end, Magnum doesn't fire, allowing the exchange to take place, for the sake of the POW's family. VERY POWERFUL!!

I miss the hell out of this show!!!

I just saw this episode again last night and even though you know it is coming, it is still almost as powerful as when I first saw it 30 years ago.

Yep!

That's what good writing and strongly defined and excellently cast Characters bring to a Show.

Great series; great episode... At 14 when it first aired, I was shocked that they broke the rules and he actually fired.

You all hear that the estate is up for grabs...!? $15.7 million...

Might be a good thing depending on whoever buys it. :lol

The Estate would make one helluva exclusive bed and Breakfast

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back