Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Yes, the oval part in the background looks a little dark, but when you hold it up to the camera as you did in the photo, it looks good. I suspect both components are from the same batch of coloured clear?

Yes these are all from the same batch. They look dark on the bench but not so bad when held up to the light. The problem with this stuff is that to get a nice blue in the thin parts, makes the cross section almost look solid.

icy blue is icy blue
It should be but not always the case. The set I am making for myself are lighter blue then backed with white. Actually a bluish white because I simply add white pigment to the 2nd layer of blue.
74e7fa381f79fb6d9dd7b14b8935ea31.jpg
71a43a229bf3b218d30ba66ab6bf98e4.jpg

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk

Quick question,

How are you guys cleaning the fabric part of the shoes. I notice a few small stains/marks on mine and I want to seal them. How would I clean the stains before doing so?
Thanks
Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I found wiping the entire upper with a damp cloth (not soaking wet, but enough to change the colour of the upper) worked well. See if you can get a waterproofing spray of some type (specifically for shoes) in your area and after they are dry and as clean as can be, apply that to the uppers. The one I used, ReAlign (reccomended by cavx) works great. Earlier on in this thread I explained my method of waterproofing and included pictures, so scroll back through till you find that. (hopefully it's this thread, it was a fair few months ago)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found wiping the entire upper with a damp cloth (not soaking wet, but enough to change the colour of the upper) worked well. See if you can get a waterproofing spray of some type (specifically for shoes) in your area and after they are dry and as clean as can be, apply that to the uppers. The one I used, ReAlign (reccomended by @cavx) works great. Earlier on in this thread I explained my method of waterproofing and included pictures, so scroll back through till you find that. (hopefully it's this thread, it was a fair few months ago)
Thank you sir, I will try this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've been getting a lot of messages on Instagram lately about my replica DVDs. Not sure if they're rpf members, but regardless, send me a message if you have any questions. My IG is bryce_ajipro

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

These remind me of the Mag concept design: View attachment 795300
I believe that Tinker might have had a hand in the design. Part of why Hatfield made the MAG power lace was about form fitting to the foot and these do that in way of an air bladder around the ankle. Where the MAG has bulging heel, these have a growth on the collar (where you insert the pump).

I had a pair of these shoes in 1990 and wore them almost every day for 5 years. Really comfortable and the fastest lacing system on any shoe. I bought my size but did not buy these to wear. This time it is about owning (or re-owning) some NIKE history.

cavx what are you using to glue the sole on?

Have you are anyone used Barge Infinity?

Barge Infinity.jpg

From what I read its supposed to be really good. I need to glue my sole back on as I've changed out the el panel.

Whilst these are not MAG, they did originally come out in 1989 and they certainly have some similarities to the shoe we all love.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/W8AAAOSwDkVaRNNz/s-l1600.jpg
@DragonGalvy, US9.5s are on their way with the plastic case :)

Aha - you finally found a reasonably priced pair. The ones I got a while back are still going strong, got them cheaper because no plastic case. Not that I get to wear them much anymore, the new job requires black shoes. Luckily I can get away with all black Airmax 2017's. Pity we could never get all black MAGs. Someone did a photoshop of that (i think on the other thread) and it looked awesome.

@cavx what are you using to glue the sole on?
Have you are anyone used Barge Infinity?

View attachment 795342

From what I read its supposed to be really good. I need to glue my sole back on as I've changed out the el panel.

I replaced my soles with a pair from WizardBTTF and used Tarzan's Grip, with a little drop of superglue here and there. But I'm not sure it's available outside Australia. Still holding on perfectly after many wears.
tarzan.jpg

Aha - you finally found a reasonably priced pair. The ones I got a while back are still going strong, got them cheaper because no plastic case. Not that I get to wear them much anymore, the new job requires black shoes. Luckily I can get away with all black Airmax 2017's. Pity we could never get all black MAGs. Someone did a photoshop of that (i think on the other thread) and it looked awesome.
Yeah like $180usd with shipping. Better have the case as his images all show the case.

It seems that the place where I was buying the Re-Align no longer sells it. Pity. Anyway what they did have was this. See pictures. And it looks like it is made in the USA so you guys will have an alternative to Crep.
f7ca22f1d64ba95f84ad3922258385a9.jpg
bb249cb04294a43aa80322ee38cd60ac.jpg

Two updates from me...

1. My mags are in the UK and were attempted delivery today. So will be picking them up from the post office in the morning. Its been a long wait! No custom issues this time. It seems that POSTNL is a gateway for parcels and they do all the leg work.

2. After looking at the Nike air pressure for quite a while... I found some with a missing pump and snapped them up.

I'm now on the lookout for some reebook og pump. I have some of the black bringback edition which were quite rare. 2009 model. Would really like a white pair, or one of the shop own ones.

I'm now waiting to see what the mags are like.

Can we get a sticky for all the people that can provide mods and repairs, contacts?

Sorry, I know I included some non mag stuff in this post.

There isn't a listed retail price. They were $499 at one point but it goes up and down.

It seems that it's no end of issue with them lately.

Where do you live? US?

There isn't many places you can get them from.

Someone got some from Magman on Insta

I looked through ALL of the DH gate suppliers and did some back and forth messaging with the one that looked most legitimate. Price is $530 including DHL shipping to the U.S. He sent numerous photos and promised to do a final quality check before sending them out. Seemed worth it for about a $200 savings, so I gambled on it. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'll update with photos when they arrive.

Cheers

I looked through ALL of the DH gate suppliers and did some back and forth messaging with the one that looked most legitimate. Price is $530 including DHL shipping to the U.S. He sent numerous photos and promised to do a final quality check before sending them out. Seemed worth it for about a $200 savings, so I gambled on it. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'll update with photos when they arrive.

Cheers

Good luck!

I found a few places now. Cheapest was a website called Jordan something. $480 they were.

But it's all a risk. Was that via WU?

The $480 were credit card too. So some protection I guess.

The 3.1 are now over $700 which is mental. I paid $450 and even then it was a pain in the arse. My box came damaged and I don't know what the shoes are gonna be like yet.

Either way, I'm wearing them so I'm not major bothered.

Oh and I found some shoe guy in Detroit who had some but unsure how legit he was. Il find his site.

https://www.sircastletee.com/shop

I'm in the UK but someone in the states may be able to do more digging. They are $600 but show pictures and video of v4 self lace.

Keep us all updated!

Good luck!

I found a few places now. Cheapest was a website called Jordan something. $480 they were.

But it's all a risk. Was that via WU?

The $480 were credit card too. So some protection I guess.

The 3.1 are now over $700 which is mental. I paid $450 and even then it was a pain in the arse. My box came damaged and I don't know what the shoes are gonna be like yet.

Either way, I'm wearing them so I'm not major bothered.

Oh and I found some shoe guy in Detroit who had some but unsure how legit he was. Il find his site.

https://www.sircastletee.com/shop

I'm in the UK but someone in the states may be able to do more digging. They are $600 but show pictures and video of v4 self lace.

Keep us all updated!

It was a credit card payment, so like you said, some protection. DH gate seems to be developing better buyer protection practices as well. These ones are at least v3s, possibly V3.1 though admittedly I’m not super versed in the difference. I’ve heard something about corrected heel light brightness as well as wire concealing in th straps. At any rate, I will post pics once arrived. I’m not all that concerned with $80. $499 seems to be around where the V3s started at and for $30 more? I’m happy with that. I was not, however, going to even consider forking out over $700 for these.

Can we get a sticky for all the people that can provide mods and repairs, contacts?

What I have attempted to do with this thread was to place all links into the first 2 posts so they are easy to find. If there is details that you want included, either cavx or PM me with them and I will copy and paste them in.

It was a credit card payment, so like you said, some protection. DH gate seems to be developing better buyer protection practices as well. These ones are at least v3s, possibly V3.1 though admittedly I’m not super versed in the difference. I’ve heard something about corrected heel light brightness as well as wire concealing in th straps. At any rate, I will post pics once arrived. I’m not all that concerned with $80. $499 seems to be around where the V3s started at and for $30 more? I’m happy with that. I was not, however, going to even consider forking out over $700 for these.

The very first guys paid $629 for their V3s. David price dropped to $499 as a price match of another site to keep our business about late October of 2016. He has since put them back up to make the V4 more attractive. I agree, even $499. They should be $399, tops.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back