Thick traces on PCBs

Above the neck groove, the very first step at the base of the emitter. On the V3 it’s way bigger than the Yuma. (I’m thinking of shutting up a particular person in the Graflex FB group who insists the V3 isn’t used onscreen).

Send him over here, I’ll pick on him :p

This thread derailed completely off to ROTJ sabers, but initially started about the traces of the ESB Graflex clamp cards. So nobody here has a clue about why thicker 'thin' traces became so popular? It sure makes me wonder! Was it really just an overly creative replica maker?

I have a tendency of high jacking threads...it’s horrible

To get back on track, the lines on the ranch saber today, those are considered “thick” correct?

I have a tendency of high jacking threads...it’s horrible

To get back on track, the lines on the ranch saber today, those are considered “thick” correct?

No Ranch has thin traces too. Seems like most, if not all, are thin trace.
cc5f3ade01fb58d74334ec4a75f4e32d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The only thick trace on a Lucasfilm built saber is ONE thick trace along with thin ones on the barbican.
(check the clamp card page in the new guide inthe xmas comes early thread.)

Halliwax, here is an example of what I consider thick trace - compare this with the thin traces on the ranch saber or pretty much everything else. Should have posted that with the ranch saber pic to make the comparison easier.

a54f3d7990e365db98bd8c56373bec53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaahhh ok. I figured there was lines even thinner then what we see on the ranch saber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I should have posted a few examples earlier.

Here's another example:
9b23c9b699ccdc3c85e1da87111583a4.jpg

And here's a MR, also way to thick:
639f01c955288b6c5141017df3f34f09.jpg

The only thing I can think of is that I’ve seen a few pictures where I thought the gold bars extended farther to the opposite edge which sort of looks like an attribute of the thicker trace cards - though now I can see it’s just an illusion or the clamp was maybe a little tighter making it appear that way. Maybe early on when there were less detailed photos available someone else had the same illusion trick them? Obviously just a guess.

I think you're right MS. This is probably what happened; poor quality images resulted in different, inaccurate replicas, which were copied and copied.

Last edited:
This thread derailed completely off to ROTJ sabers, but initially started about the traces of the ESB Graflex clamp cards. So nobody here has a clue about why thicker 'thin' traces became so popular? It sure makes me wonder! Was it really just an overly creative replica maker?

My guess is some people wanted to use genuine vintage boards on their replicas, and thick traces was the best they could find.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back