The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

We know. They were vintages. There were no readily available replicas at the time, outside of maybe the 2.0, but we can visually see it's not one of those. An RPF member also helped production acquire actual Graflexes.

We know. They were vintages. There were no readily available replicas at the time, outside of maybe the 2.0, but we can visually see it's not one of those. An RPF member also helped production acquire actual Graflexes.

Yes ! But I was asking myself a question..
Did PropShop replicate Graflexes for the movie?

PropShop's policy was to sell collectibles from the very workshop that was in charge of TFA.
I guess they didn't made studies for Rey's lightsaber "just" to sell it. They may have acquired genuine graflexes but I'm not sure that's what was used in the movie IMO

Graflexes are used in the movie, an RPFer helped them get acquired for the production design team before Prop Shop was involved. Screencaps confirm. The stunt sabers were replicas, but the detail on them was minimal.

The visual dictionary and LaunchBay display sabers are also verified as vintages.

The saber sold as a collectable was a replica, and not a very good one.

7 G R A F L E X vintage flashguns were purchased and used for movie-production ... Lucasfilm executives and J.J. Abrams were adamant they were vintage not replicas for the new lightsabers used on screen :)

Chaïm

To anyone with the Black Series Luke lightsaber (#03), or has seen it in person, how accurate is the red button's color? Mine is pretty dark. Basically not red at all just a brown; kind of like a brown M&M. Then I realized that the Black Series C-3PO's arm was brown and not red too. So I'm wondering if their red paint just sucks?

@ BlueSaber: you could possibly be colour blind. Not having a go - just saying it's a possibility. Are you perhaps red-green colour blind?

Call to arms!

While I plan to wait until after Roy, tCrooz, THD, and the rest of the detectives to dissect TLJ before committing to a new draft of the book, I am gearing up to add new images that have surfaced, new evidence, and a bit more info. If there's anything you feel the next draft needs, speak up!

...AND I'M STILL NOT DOING THE PT SABERS AS INDIVIDUAL ENTRIES!

SethS thanks so much for your hard work!

I'm always clamouring for more pics - it might be that there'd end up being too manny in the body of the text. Could there perhaps be an "appendix" with a gallery of photos of each sabers (stills from films, promo shots etc) the ones we all pore over to answer questions like "rivets or screws"?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a good idea, as long as it's not overwhelming.

@SethS thanks so much for your hard work!

I'm always clamouring for more pics - it might be that there'd end up being too manny in the body of the text. Could there perhaps be an "appendix" with a gallery of photos of each sabers (stills from films, promo shots etc) the ones we all pore over to answer questions like "rivets or screws"?

I'll expand where I can, I have a fair amount of new images-- but I'm only including good high res ones where details are not questionable.

tumblr_mmz2zmMUR81rhi41do1_500.gif

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back