Doctor Who - 1960s TARDIS Console build

I am going to be the person who says that nothing is even close to being right on this build! Please ship it to me for immediate um "destruction". I will even pay shipping......just to be fair.:D

I am going to be the person who says that nothing is even close to being right on this build! Please ship it to me for immediate um "destruction". I will even pay shipping......just to be fair.:D

That's very thoughtful of you, Hogosha! :unsure

Thanks for the comments.

As to why - dp42276... why do any of us do this stuff? :) It's all highly impractical - Daleks, Stormtrooper costumes, whatever. I don't see much difference, really.

I would like to take it along to a convention one day, yes.

A classic console that I doesn't really date. Never really been bettered has it? VERY nice work here. Well done. Are you planning an activation switch and sound effect? Can't wait to see a walk thru film.

Seriously stunning indeed!

Well - the plan was to get it finished for the 50th anniversary, and here it/she is at the Doc Lands party on the 23rd.

259379-image.jpg

259380-image.jpg

I'm in love man. Watched this thread for three years and you knocked it out of the park! I like that you went with a more "screen accurate" colour rather than "prop accurate". Although green was the actual colour it would look really odd. :lol

Two questions.
Were did you get the acrylic pieces for the colom, & can you make a blueprint of the Rani's tardis console from "Mark Of The Rani"?
Mark Of The Rani Clip 04.jpg

hi this is amazing! im working on my own tardis council and was wondering where you got measurements and how wide the side panels were across? Thank you, any help you can supply is greatly appreciated!

hi this is amazing! im working on my own tardis council and was wondering where you got measurements and how wide the side panels were across? Thank you, any help you can supply is greatly appreciated!

A very dedicated individual at the TardisBuilders forum has put together the more or less ultimate measurement guide for the Hartnell console, go there to check it out.

Good luck with it!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back