MF's Pepakura and 3D Print Iron Man Files

Re: MF's Mk 33 - Silver Centurion, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Pepakura Files (Updates Inside)

All these foam unfolds are making me sad. I guess it's the struggle of the paper pepakura people to deal with all those millimeter strips. :p They're still damn good foam unfolds. Nice work all of you.
Don't worry! Gaiatron requested that I make a lower definition file for paper, builders, so that's what I'm going to do when I get the time. It shouldn't take long at all. I on;y have to remove the grooves, eye details, and tiny indents on the cheeks

Re: MF's Mk 33 - Silver Centurion, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Pepakura Files (Updates Inside)

Don't worry! Gaiatron requested that I make a lower definition file for paper, builders, so that's what I'm going to do when I get the time. It shouldn't take long at all. I on;y have to remove the grooves, eye details, and tiny indents on the cheeks

I personally favor low poly pep models lol. Quicker assembly and you could always add detail later on. Plus if done right, the low poly files still look really good

Haha thanks. I hate dealing with those small pieces right now because of my current build method, but I also don't like the gaps from foam builds. I'll try my hand at all the unfolds for the heck of it :lol

thank you very much for granting a simple request bro, xant wait to build those MK42 and 45 of yours. rest assured you got my support on your works. btw, any plans for a BVS batman armor?

2.png

Haha thanks. I hate dealing with those small pieces right now because of my current build method, but I also don't like the gaps from foam builds. I'll try my hand at all the unfolds for the heck of it :lol

There are still going to be small pieces on this unfold. Tedious to do, yes, but not impossible. It just takes some patience. I did however get rid of the groove and eye details which would be nearly impossible to pep due to their small size. The only small pieces on this build is really just the cheek and the recessed area on the top of the helmet.

thank you very much for granting a simple request bro, xant wait to build those MK42 and 45 of yours. rest assured you got my support on your works. btw, any plans for a BVS batman armor?

No plans currently...

Here is the completed unfold! As always, first page with the link

m42_zpsp56r0vcc.png

There are still going to be small pieces on this unfold. Tedious to do, yes, but not impossible. It just takes some patience. I did however get rid of the groove and eye details which would be nearly impossible to pep due to their small size. The only small pieces on this build is really just the cheek and the recessed area on the top of the helmet.

No plans currently...

Here is the completed unfold! As always, first page with the link

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/hackmandude12/m42_zpsp56r0vcc.png

OH YEAHHHH! thank you very much man currently planning the cardstock build and will print it later!

Hi guys.
First: Thank you MiddleFinger for all those awesome files. Specially for V2 silver centurion. Only because of your files I decided to make mark 33. And I am interested in mark 45 helmet too.
Second: I made paper unfold of silver centurion helmet. Here it is: http://www.4shared.com/file/P081eVyCba/Mk_33_Silver_Centurion_by_Midd.html . I hope you like it.
IMG_20150618_114342.jpgIMG_20150618_114353.jpgIMG_20150618_114403.jpgIMG_20150618_114413.jpg
By the way... are you going to make boot file too? It´s the last piece missing :)

Hi guys.
First: Thank you MiddleFinger for all those awesome files. Specially for V2 silver centurion. Only because of your files I decided to make mark 33. And I am interested in mark 45 helmet too.
Second: I made paper unfold of silver centurion helmet. Here it is: http://www.4shared.com/file/P081eVyCba/Mk_33_Silver_Centurion_by_Midd.html . I hope you like it.
View attachment 490794View attachment 490795View attachment 490796View attachment 490797
By the way... are you going to make boot file too? It´s the last piece missing :)

Nice pep! Very clean. :thumbsup

Hi guys.

Dude that is some clean pep work, probably some of the best I have ever seen. However... I noticed you added an extension piece on the lower silver part on the jaw to make it extruded... That part is actually recessed or the red part of the jaw sticks out past it. But I don't think I'll be modeling the boot. Zabana probably has the best boot file available, so I would just use his! And I'll definitely add that link to the first page!

Dude that is some clean pep work, probably some of the best I have ever seen. However... I noticed you added an extension piece on the lower silver part on the jaw to make it extruded... That part is actually recessed or the red part of the jaw sticks out past it. But I don't think I'll be modeling the boot. Zabana probably has the best boot file available, so I would just use his! And I'll definitely add that link to the first page!
Thanks, I tried to make it clean so I have less work with sanding etc. (I really hate sanding). ... Yeah, now when I look closer at reference pictures, you´re right. But it´s too late to remove it. It´s already glued and coated with resin. I just hope it will look cooler this way :)

I scaled the suit by using scale file but I have a problem with helmet. Helmet's scale is different from the whole suit so which scale should I use for helmet? I used 80.491800 scale on whole suit but on helmet it looks small. Can people who are currently working on suit tell me which scale they used and their heights? I don't want to work on a helmet which will not fit on my head :D (I am 6'0")

Use the point to point measurement tool in pepakura, then adjust the size manually to suit your head, you might not get it perfect but as long as it goes on your head without squeezing your eyes out of their sockets you should be good, dont forget to leave room for the fibreglass and padding.

My silvercenturion

Dude! That is some incredible work right there. Those are my files? You definitely have to post a lot more photos of that!

I know that I haven't been too active on this forum, school has been quite hectic, but I have been working on a 3D print file for the Mark 45 Helmet. Once I get around to finishing this, I'll finish up and release the Mark 42 3D print file that I've also been working on as well (No photos though, just barely started).

helmet3d_zpspzkiulhx.png

helmet3d2_zps8adjosfm.png

yess ! mark 45 helmet!! great modeling man!, any chance would you be able to share the 3d files to be printed?

yess ! mark 45 helmet!! great modeling man!, any chance would you be able to share the 3d files to be printed?

Sorry for the very late reply (school has been more hectic than it ever has in my life), but yes, I will eventually share the files once I get done with my own first!

My best friend has been helping me with all my projects I've done and he has been printing out the pieces on his Lulzbot! When he comes back to our hometown during the soon break, we'll get it pieced together permanently and start the finishing process! In the mean time, this is what we have so far:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: MF's Mk 33, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Files - 3D Printing started!

The mark 45 helmet file is awesome.
But I found some details that you may need to edit the helmet model
I hope it can help you :)
PD1437791982KK4.jpg

PD14377919884K8.jpg
PD14377919972Ch.jpg

Re: MF's Mk 33, Mk 42, and Mk 45 Files - 3D Printing started!

The mark 45 helmet file is awesome.
But I found some details that you may need to edit the helmet model
I hope it can help you :)

You show me these after the helmet is already modeled and printed?? :(

Thanks for the great reference pictures though! Looks like I'll have to make a V2...

EDIT:

Working on the Centurion Helmet as well. Should have this released for everyone within the next few days.

Centurion%20Print%20Preview_zpsp4viwumd.png

Last edited:
Re: MF's Silver Centurion and Mk 42 Pepakura Files (V2 Centurion Finished)

Hi there, I really new to this awesome website. I have some experience with 3d modeling, but i've always had trouble with creating some parts, like the helmets for example. I would love to know what is this software that is being used here to "map" the helmet. I can see that it is inivis AC3D but what is this type of software called? thank you guys for the help

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back