The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

It,s getting abit long in the tooth here gents:facepalm So lets end it with "there are 2 Falcon". Each has its own details and flavor both extremely beautiful and well build. Makes us all happy. Stunt or no stunt,original or copy, first or last......no big deal.

now lets build, talk, share that TFA Falcon!!!!:lol
Exactly one is Monica Bellucci the other is Charlise Theron , they are both extremely hot but we all have our preferences .......:lol

Hey,....Ive done a couple of wee things,....these are comparison pics of my trimmed parts (left) to the gunjap images (right)

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2021.09.24_zpsnwpigqyb.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2021.10.22_zpsmxhppdrl.png

Thanks for looking
John

looking great!

Hey John,

I've asked this in a couple places already but haven't got a response. Are there any marking decals included in this kit? Other than the panels?

I'd love to see the decal above the cockpit

The only thing that bugs me about the Bandai Falcon is that the panel lines on the docking rings are REALLY heavy. Probably fairly easy to fill in though.

The only thing that bugs me about the Bandai Falcon is that the panel lines on the docking rings are REALLY heavy. Probably fairly easy to fill in though.
At least there ARE panel lines!

Anyway, I was amazed how good the panel lines on my x wings looked after paint

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

After seeing all the cool builds you guys are doing, and how good this Bandai Falcon looks right out of the box, I broke down and bought one.
It probably won't arrive 'til early next week, so I've got some time to think about what I want to do with it.
What I REALLY want to do with it, is light it.
Unfortunately, I know absolutely ziltch about electronics.
I'm doing what little research I can between jobs here at work, but I'm just completely lost.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

After seeing all the cool builds you guys are doing, and how good this Bandai Falcon looks right out of the box, I broke down and bought one.
It probably won't arrive 'til early next week, so I've got some time to think about what I want to do with it.
What I REALLY want to do with it, is light it.
Unfortunately, I know absolutely ziltch about electronics.
I'm doing what little research I can between jobs here at work, but I'm just completely lost.
I have no idea what I'm doing.

It's pretty simple when using LED strips. Paragraphix sells Easy LED products and they're basically plug and play. Check them out. For this Falcon, you really only need to light the engines and a LED strip is the best way to go.
http://www.paragrafix.biz/search01.asp?MainCat=LEDs and Lighting

@Hunk a Junk - Cool, thanks for the link, man. I'm actually less concerned with the engines than I am with the landing lights and inside the ramp and cockpit.
Though I definitely want to light the engines, too. I'd like to have them on a separate circuit so I can turn them off and on.

Question: Can those paragraphix strips be cut up and rewired to use individually?
Like, if I bought a warm white strip, can I cut it up and rewire them together for my landing lights?

On the Trailer,...during the Hyperspace shot...the Falcon has some nice running lights

I desaturated the images & took some of the blue out:

Falcon_zpsr3zqvffa.jpg

J

@Hunk a Junk - Cool, thanks for the link, man. I'm actually less concerned with the engines than I am with the landing lights and inside the ramp and cockpit.
Though I definitely want to light the engines, too. I'd like to have them on a separate circuit so I can turn them off and on.

Question: Can those paragraphix strips be cut up and rewired to use individually?
Like, if I bought a warm white strip, can I cut it up and rewire them together for my landing lights?

I believe they can only be can cut down to one inch size.

For single LEDs I can recommend:
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html
They are wired with resistor so you only need to connect them to your power source.

Last edited:
great job on the trimming makes a big difference, but to me the details are not fine enough, everything looks to big, piping, panelling, canopy frames ect... and all the details seem stuck togheter like a toy, if I remember the fine molds Falcon looked way better in that aspect.

great job on the trimming makes a big difference, but to me the details are not fine enough, everything looks to big, piping, panelling, canopy frames ect... and all the details seem stuck togheter like a toy, if I remember the fine molds Falcon looked way better in that aspect.

Although packed with details, in some area it's quite chunky indeed. In closeup pictures it looks sometimes bad but in real life it's not that bad compare to the 1/144 FM Falcon.

Some more stuff:

I had a go at lowering the detail in the middle of the cockpit tube:
IMG_3148_zpst4tavibv.jpg

I did most of the work from inside the piece so to reduce disturbing details in the outside,.....cutting & thinning,....holding it up to the light,.....the plastic wasn't that thin,...so it wasn't to bad,.....

IMG_3149_zpsy8hmoejp.jpg

IMG_3150_zpsff7syumj.jpg

IMG_3151_zpsiqbzi7y9.jpg

IMG_3152_zps6xqw7opm.jpg

Making some blast marks on the portside hull:
IMG_3153_zpscdzezefi.jpg

I gave it a blast of primer today,....although the can ran out,.....gonna have to wait till Monday to get more:
IMG_3156_zpsqtpkrd6g.jpg

IMG_3158_zpsscstekw1.jpg

IMG_3159_zpsr8o6s0y4.jpg

I filled the docking ring panel lines & re-scribed them:
IMG_3160_zpsnxwo7jy3.jpg

IMG_3162_zpstu6aarf4.jpg

I really love this kit,.....& I think for the first time ever I'm gonna have a completed Falcon model completed in less than a few weeks......well.....thats better than 5 years

Thanks for looking

John

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back