Anovos Stormtrooper.... thoughts?

Well, I also don't want to hijack the thread, :lol but in the long view, Blade Runner has become one of the classics. Maybe not at the time but since then.

And that baseball player you loved growing up? He didn't care about winning or his team or the teams hometown- just played for the money. That's why you don't idolize someone for doing a job.

Truer words have never been spoken.

I gave my Grandfather a hard time for not watching a show he loved because the lead was gay in real life. In his defense the man was born in a very different time.

Anyway obviously I don't let if affect my love of the movies but dang, seriously can't we do better.

I am surprised some of these guys stay famous despite their abhorrent behavior. Back in the day it was secret but today,...Chris Brown beat the holy crap out a petite female and his career has not suffered. Used to be a women beater was shunned as he should be. What does that say about us as a people.

Anyway to get back on track pray for me my fellow fans, I am hoping a miracle will happen and I can get the Pre Ordered Stormy in the next two days.

Don't really pray as I like to only pray for important stuff and a discount price on a life size Stormy does not qualify :)

Aren't they doing another Bladerunner sequel?

BTW I'm really surprised that this thread has grown as big as it has. 20,000ish views in 2ish months is ridiculous lol

I work in the film industry and have met Harrison and can truly say that I haven't heard a bad word about him. When I met him I told him that I was a huge fan and he thanked me for being a fan.

In my very, very brief experience in the industry I met a couple people who also had met and worked with him and said the same thing. I never said he was mean. I said he has shown a lack of graciousness.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't they doing another Bladerunner sequel?

BTW I'm really surprised that this thread has grown as big as it has. 20,000ish views in 2ish months is ridiculous lol

Awesome 1/1 Stormy for what was $350. Worth a lot of views.

Awesome 1/1 Stormy for what was $350. Worth a lot of views.

I am kind of regretting backing out myself, but having armor to work on is really nice. I would order a second set if I wasn't so overwhelmed with my AP kit lol

I work in digital media so when something blows up like this it's always interesting to me. Engagement has been ridiculously steady since the thread started so as a marketing guy it's interesting to me :)

I am kind of regretting backing out myself, but having armor to work on is really nice. I would order a second set if I wasn't so overwhelmed with my AP kit lol

I work in digital media so when something blows up like this it's always interesting to me. Engagement has been ridiculously steady since the thread started so as a marketing guy it's interesting to me :)
Tell me about it!!! I downloaded Tapatalk just so I could follow up with the Anovos TK talk!

I check in every few hours and I even bought a few props because I spend so much time on the boards!

Hey Got Maul, there are some serious allegations floating around right now about this suit cast and it's origins over at White Armor...stuff no one likes to hear. Would you be able to clear things up before it gets out of hand?

Anovos is an official licensee with access. Why would they recast an RS suit and fabricate the backstory? That's a bit ridiculous.

Anovos is an official licensee with access. Why would they recast an RS suit and fabricate the backstory? That's a bit ridiculous.

I think it's nuts as well, which is why I'm anxious to hear from Got Maul about this. The problem here is that a person who is nuts about trooper armour has come out and accused them. Those are some strong words coming from a HUGE veteran of scrutinizing troopers to the finest details.

Hey Got Maul, there are some serious allegations floating around right now about this suit cast and it's origins over at White Armor...stuff no one likes to hear. Would you be able to clear things up before it gets out of hand?

They squelch it already? I don't see anything.

It's still there. Troopermaster is claiming that he sees signs in the prototype pictures of the suit being a "full RS recast" and that the story of Anovos going to the archives to scan the original armor to produce these is bunk. I know they went to the archives; I guess we'll have to wait and hear from José about the masters for the prototype and any ways in which the production armor could differ.

They squelch it already? I don't see anything.

Check the last handful pages in this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30831-anovos-tk-armor-preorder/page-36

Don't know the dude, but that's a mega shot at the company. Better have your big boy pants on in this skirmish.

Don't really care either, just want my product orders to turn out well. Prices were right, pulled the trigger.

EDIT: personally, I just get a bad vibe from anyone called "master", "expert", "Head MF In Charge, etc....

Last edited:

Because it would make life really easy for them and save having to cast / scan a screen used prop?

I am not up on Anovos and where they source their costumes but I haven't seen anything from their 'hard parts' costumes that would suggest they have taken anything from the Archives. Their TIE, ATAT pilot, Vader and Snow trooper clearly are not casts of helmets from the Archives.

Sure I read on a thread here on the RPF that they are less on the accurate side more on the side of 'fun costuming' and leave the Uber accurate stuff to eFX. Their 'soft parts' costumes appear to be very accurate.

Anovos is clearly for a certain costuming market - not sure why anyone wants to make a big drama about their costumes or where they come from - they are licensed so pay big bucks for the right to make what they want in the Star Wars world.

Their stuff looks reasonably good and is reasonably priced for costumers.

People will vote with their wallets on a product and Anovos will / should do very well with all their offerings so far - and good luck to them.

"As I stated before, this is a full recast of an RS kit. All this hype about Anovos going to the archives and scanning original armour was BS. They have simply recast an RS kit and all the parts that Rob from RS sculpted are there to see. Same with their Snowtrooper kit - just an MC with no connection to any original parts which was supposed to be scanned too. I haven't studied their TIE gear but I would bet they did the same thing there.

Enjoy your original kits everyone
smile.png

I really have no interest in this armour. There are many sellers of armour out there and everyone is free to make and sell whatever they like. I am just pointing out what I see and I see all the hand sculpted parts Rob from RS made in the Anovos kit as well as the modified parts. It will all come out eventually when side by side comparisons are made (and don't think the RS is a direct copy of the original suit it was made from and I am positive the Anovos will share the same discrepancies).

Please don't read this a sour grapes. I don't want you thinking I am being negative. I have 15 years in this hobby studying armour and I am not a casual observer. Armour is my specialty and it's annoying when I read all the hype about how it's cast from an original from the archives when I can clearly see it's an RS recast. Time will tell."

That's from a dude named "troopermaster"

Because it would make life really easy for them and save having to cast / scan a screen used prop?
Anovos is clearly for a certain costuming market - not sure why anyone wants to make a big drama about their costumes or where they come from - they are licensed so pay big bucks for the right to make what they want in the Star Wars world.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but the reasons why it would be problematic in our community if true should be obvious. There are fan-sculpted elements to the RS kit, and securing a license from LFL wouldn't grant a licensee the rights to reproduce a fan's work. If there are claims that this suit is sourced from an original and they're including fan sculpted elements (I honestly don't remember reading that in regards to this one), it's a fair degree of false advertising as well. Not much adds value to a prop/costume collectible like having production-made or screen-used lineage!

Again, not saying which way this falls or what differences we may see between this and the finished product. I'm not enough of an expert on this armor to evaluate it either way to begin with. Best to wait for Anovos to chime in.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back