Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

Same issue with mine as well. However I’m not too worried about the grips. But, the bolt action doesn’t extend back. Hmm.

i still have to say, I’m f@!$*£% elated to own one these. Regardless of any defects.

Last edited:
The grip thing wouldn't worry me too much. If you look at the photo on the box it clearly shows both issues. I don't think its a manufacturing defect so much as just normal for small run manufacturing. They've obviously had to compromise somewhere down the line. If they're all the same any replacement parts that arrive will have the same issues surely.

edit - sorry the photo is not on the box but on the book that comes with it.

I'm sorry but "small Run"??? this is a highly precision made piece of work in 100s + pieces, no "small run" by any stretch of the imagination and compromise is absolutely not an option!
If this is not a manufacturing defect then Greedo shot first!

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/product.php?productid=16598&cat=336&page=1

I purchased my blaster from the October run and paid $1215.66 incl shipping+188.34 custom fees for the holy grail of movie props. I would be losing my S%$@! if mine had arrived with the defects encountered with this batch.
I think Tomenosuke have dropped the ball big style here and should work quickly to rectify the issue, they have too good a reputation not to.

Last edited:
Thanks, that’s encouraging! I know a lot of Tomenosuke buyers havn’t had issues apart from wait times- just don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who was unlucky! My philosophy is, the more that come through without issues, the less chance I have of my order going to the scrap yard!
Please let me know how your order progresses.
yorkie,my blaster has made it to manchester so far.got a phone call from ups this morning asking what it was.they emailed me a form to sign.never heard anything till this evening telling me there is duty or taxes to be paid on delivery so fingers crossed it should be with me tomorrow:thumbsup

Thanks, that’s encouraging! I know a lot of Tomenosuke buyers havn’t had issues apart from wait times- just don’t want to be ‘that guy’ who was unlucky! My philosophy is, the more that come through without issues, the less chance I have of my order going to the scrap yard!
Please let me know how your order progresses.
yorkie,my blaster has made it to manchester so far.got a phone call from ups this morning asking what it was.they emailed me a form to sign.never heard anything till this evening telling me there is duty or taxes to be paid on delivery so fingers crossed it should be with me tomorrow:thumbsup

Great news!
I havn’t heard of anyone else having to sign a form, presumably to cover themselves? Had it been inspected or left unopened by customs?

I purchased my blaster from the October run and paid $1215.66 incl shipping+188.34 custom fees for the holy grail of movie props. I would be losing my S%$@! if mine had arrived with the defects encountered with this batch..

You can't even imagine how angry I am right now. Didn't they inspect it before shipping? For $1000 I was expecting a pure perfection. It's a shame because everything else is perfect except that damn grip. It's unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
So for those of us who aren't members of the closed Propsummit FB group, how about some photos of recently received blasters that *don't* have issues?

So I have a theory and it's this, with the minor upgrade from the initial 2049 run (box design and fade in leds) Tomenosuke have vastly underestimated the the demand and in doing so had set release date before they were fully ready meet said demand rushed to a batch out asap. They've fallen short of their usually high standard and need to rectify these issues before they crack on with the rest of the runs even if it means putting dates back. We have become accustomed to them being the benchmark in BR blaster production and would rather bite bullet and wait a little a longer in knowledge we're getting product out there than merely hope we get something issue free.

- - - Updated - - -

Just received mine and it has the same issues too. So who do we contact, HCG?

https://www.hollywood-collectibles.com/store/pages.php?pageid=12

Hello. I'm a long time lurker but first time poster. This is a great site to see all of the movie fanatics (like me) and the work they do in making their own props and weathering them. Anyway, I pulled the trigger and ordered the BR 2049 blaster from Hollywood Collectibles. I got it today! I have a number of props that I love like the Master Replicas Rocketeer helmet and MR ESB Han Solo blaster to name a couple. The BR blaster is by far the most money I've ever paid for a movie prop. I'm in Canada so the dollar difference between here and the US is awful. So between that and a $162 ransom from UPS for customs etc... OUCH. Anyway, it's a beautiful prop. Box is beautiful and I have it displayed with the blaster. Love the glossy magazine with all of the pictures of the very weathered version of the gun. Deckard's gun some really good heft, and no issues with the grip. It all lines up well with the frame. The lighting sequnce is a moderately fast fade up to fully lit. Just looking at it, I'm just letting it sink in that I finally have this much desired piece of movie history. I hope that those on this forum reporting issues with the grip and or other problems get them resolved quickly. I'm sure that Tomenosuke and HCG will stand behind their product.

Mike

My grips are like that too. Doesn't bother me enough to send it back but if they just send you replacement grips, let us know. I'd like a set.

New grip is definitely slightly smaller and the edges are poorly made. Something went terribly wrong here.
It's hard to believe that thing was made by Tomenosuke.

Last edited:
Alright, I just sent them a message. Aside from that it’s a beautiful piece and even that doesn’t really bother me that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back